Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Nov 2003, 07:33 (Ref:793611)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tend to agree with you Grimace, on paper the VY/VY/Aurora looks a lot stronger than the BA package... we shall see, but it will take 3 events into the new year before they think about a parity shift.... if at all
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Nov 2003, 07:42 (Ref:793620)   #27
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Dave HRT Moy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any difficiency that you see in the Fords is a team and or driver issue, not a car issue.

Whilst I don't want to turn this thread into yet another parity/excuse fest.

Please explain exactly where the BA is losing out to the VY?

It's not aero, engine, or suspension and all the other bits are pretty much shared between the cars. So what are the BA's so sadly lacking in your opinions?

Sorry, but it's the same old argument. When SBR and Ambrose were way out in front not a single parity remark, from either Grimace or this vatuloa character, or any other Ford fans I might add.

Now, SBR have p()ssed away a commanding lead and all of a sudden it's the let's cry parity defence.

Give it up guys, you have little sympathy, even from many of your own blue oval supporters.

If it's a HRT cake walk next year, it wont be parity related...
Old 25 Nov 2003, 07:48 (Ref:793627)   #28
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the parity is pretty good now.It can only give the "oppurtunity " to win not a garenteed win ratio of 50/50. Ambrose will win the championship and so he should but the cars are so even now that it is still open to both.In the AU/VX days the chance of winning in a properly and sorted AU was slim at best but now not the case,it can and has been done repeatedly.Gibsons showed what a pig the AU was when claiming (whilst a Holden runner) that they would be winning in an Au and then got one and floundered.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 25 Nov 2003, 07:54 (Ref:793631)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am still concerned that there are 6 HRO/HMS cars in the top 11 positions in the series standing, and that there is only one other Holden in there.... the issue relates more to the lack of success of some of the other Holden mobs against the Clayton boys.

If the rumours are to be believed, there will be a 7th and 8th HMS supported and supplied team operated out of Clayton under an existing team's franchise and sponsorship package.... which means that 1/2 the Holden field will effectively be one team....

And Gibson didnt ever run an AU of his own manufacture and development, didnt he leave before the definitive Green Eyed Monster rocked up?
Old 25 Nov 2003, 07:57 (Ref:793633)   #30
Onlooker
Veteran

Well he may have but the engineering staff remained largley the same didn't it.
I think that the other cars out of the Clayton Campus will be the HYL entrys.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 25 Nov 2003, 08:05 (Ref:793644)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
But with the onset of brand new VY's for all, there will be a glut of VX's that not even HYL will have need for all of.

And it would make this team instantly more competitive than the in recent years... that Bathurst Supercar win seems so long ago now
Old 25 Nov 2003, 08:08 (Ref:793646)   #32
Onlooker
Veteran

Most of the VX's are to be converted to VY not sold for reasons that I wont go into and JFR would just relocate at Clayton and commute.I think he was originally from that area anyway.

Old 25 Nov 2003, 08:11 (Ref:793650)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
They will never be sold to keep the intellectual property in house, which is good business sense if the budget is strong enough to handle it.

Maybe thats why GRM has done it with their VT/VX/VYs... to keep all that technology in house.

There are still plenty of spare factory units at Clayton
Old 25 Nov 2003, 08:15 (Ref:793656)   #34
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave HRT Moy
Any difficiency that you see in the Fords is a team and or driver issue, not a car issue.

Whilst I don't want to turn this thread into yet another parity/excuse fest.

Please explain exactly where the BA is losing out to the VY?

It's not aero, engine, or suspension and all the other bits are pretty much shared between the cars. So what are the BA's so sadly lacking in your opinions?

Sorry, but it's the same old argument. When SBR and Ambrose were way out in front not a single parity remark, from either Grimace or this vatuloa character, or any other Ford fans I might add.

Now, SBR have p()ssed away a commanding lead and all of a sudden it's the let's cry parity defence.

Give it up guys, you have little sympathy, even from many of your own blue oval supporters.

If it's a HRT cake walk next year, it wont be parity related...
Its not sympathy from you wanted, its Falcon car speed so a fair contest can be enacted. YES it is the same argument-its a Parity formula and when one make is struggling the adjustment must be implemented.

SBR havent lost the lead , the leading VYs have caught up(and overtaken in car speed) and....our short lived winning streak was NOTHING compared to the run you guys have had for years AND YEARS AND YEARS.

I will not let up till Parity is addressed -
>>>>>>that fact i am adamant about !!!

By the way Mr Moy - Vatuloa is solid contributor to this forum not a "Character" as you referred to him

ill stop here and remember the moderators request(the topic not the person)before i get myself in trouble.

It wont be a cakewalk IF THE ADJUSTMENT is enacted promptly.

Last edited by Grimace; 25 Nov 2003 at 08:20.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 08:25 (Ref:793666)   #35
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
They will never be sold to keep the intellectual property in house, which is good business sense if the budget is strong enough to handle it.

Maybe thats why GRM has done it with their VT/VX/VYs... to keep all that technology in house.

There are still plenty of spare factory units at Clayton
I don't know they seem to be able to detune them adequatly like the one that Mark Poole parted 300k for and went backwards out of the championship at a great rate of knots:confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 25 Nov 2003, 08:50 (Ref:793680)   #36
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any times from the test session?I find the bickering rumours between Marcos & Rusty a bit hard to swallow,Ross Stone would surely put his boot into both their arses if true.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 09:18 (Ref:793705)   #37
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not just get rid of parity all together and stop the bun fighting? Man the best team win then...
Old 25 Nov 2003, 23:35 (Ref:794508)   #38
10wins
Rookie

10wins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by moffman
Does anyone have any times from the test session?I find the bickering rumours between Marcos & Rusty a bit hard to swallow,Ross Stone would surely put his boot into both their arses if true.
The Stones boys only have so much control over Marcos and Rusty. They're both contracted Ford drivers. The big blue oval signs the pay cheques, not Ross and Jimmy.

They can ask the boys to behave. But I think that the big pay packets and plenty of pampering may have fuelled a couple of already large egos beyond the point where a "play nice" speach will work.

Last edited by 10wins; 25 Nov 2003 at 23:36.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 23:48 (Ref:794519)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ah no, not quite. SBR own Marcos and Rusty as V8 Supercar drivers until 31/12/2005, and pay a goodly proportion of their wages from funds obtained from sponsors. Yes both drivers also have Ford loyalty contracts, but their primary affiliation on a contractual level is with SBR, and as such they cant be moved to another team without someone buying out a number of years of contract!
Old 25 Nov 2003, 23:56 (Ref:794523)   #40
10wins
Rookie

Quote:
Ah no, not quite. SBR own Marcos and Rusty as V8 Supercar drivers until 31/12/2005, and pay a goodly proportion of their wages from funds obtained from sponsors. Yes both drivers also have Ford loyalty contracts, but their primary affiliation on a contractual level is with SBR, and as such they cant be moved to another team without someone buying out a number of years of contract!
Wrong...

Stones pay a service fee to Ford (from sponsor dollars) to lease the drivers.

Ford pay them, make no mistake. Just like Mr Lowndes, these guys go where they are told, when they are told.

All sides have "öut" clauses in their contracts and Ford can exercise their option to move drivers if they feel that they would do better elsewhere.

Just like Ford want the Stonies to build cars for whoever they want....

The atmosphere between all parties (including Ford's new MS boss), is more than a little frosty at present.

The Stones were promised big things from Ford and their actions of late with FPR and 888, don't seem to be matching their commitments to the boys up North...
Old 26 Nov 2003, 00:03 (Ref:794530)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nice sentiments, but somehow I dont think so....
Old 26 Nov 2003, 00:07 (Ref:794533)   #42
10wins
Rookie

Quote:
Nice sentiments, but somehow I dont think so....
Ask Mark R when you go to the Creek...
Old 26 Nov 2003, 05:44 (Ref:794679)   #43
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 10wins
Wrong...

Stones pay a service fee to Ford (from sponsor dollars) to lease the drivers.

Ford pay them, make no mistake. Just like Mr Lowndes, these guys go where they are told, when they are told.

All sides have "öut" clauses in their contracts and Ford can exercise their option to move drivers if they feel that they would do better elsewhere.

Just like Ford want the Stonies to build cars for whoever they want....

The atmosphere between all parties (including Ford's new MS boss), is more than a little frosty at present.

The Stones were promised big things from Ford and their actions of late with FPR and 888, don't seem to be matching their commitments to the boys up North...
i know close personel freinds of the Ambrose family and as far as they are aware Marcos has a contract with ford and also SBR.
which means income from both parties
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:11 (Ref:794786)   #44
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR pay Ambrose from *their* money - he is on a loyalty contract with Ford and they "top him up" - as against Lowndes who is paid by Mr Polities only.

Bartman is correct.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:36 (Ref:794807)   #45
pigsy
Rookie

pigsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now ‘10wins’ if you had a name like ‘9wins’ you’d have some credibility but sorry you don’t.