Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 24 Dec 2001, 22:49 (Ref:189491)   #1
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
die cast race cars

where are some good places to find them online? also, does anyone know if the panoz lmp 07 from the texas and the white sebring car have been release yet?
Old 26 Dec 2001, 14:47 (Ref:189683)   #2
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have several places in the US that I like to deal with. Replicarz.com has the new releases before almost anyone else and they are just superb to deal with. Plus, my heart just melts everytime I talk to their nice phone salesperson, Kelly. A couple of times I've ordered the wrong model or UPS vaporized it, but Replicarz has always fixed things with no problem and no wait. They promised me my crocodile Audi (Adelaide 2000) after Christmas, and it came the day before. I got it two days after I ordered it. Plus, they have these mega sales. I bought 6 of the Visteon Panoz by Onyx for $5 each. Some of the Quartzo 962's were $7. When they have a blownout sale, I spend $100 or so and get about 8 models, so it is just mega.

They are at replicarz.com

I also like to deal with sportcraftcars.com. It is run and owned by Mark Haverman and he has a beautiful web site and personal service. He is also one of the biggest slotcar dealers in the US.

If you go to the races, stop in at the Classic Impressions Auto Art booth and see Jack Webster. He was the crew cheif for the Fabcar Camel Lights team and is a good guy. He knows all the drivers and if you hang around there, you will get to meet alot of them. Jack carries all the best, bang, brum, etc, etc and has a good selection of handbuilt models (some which I traded to him). He also has all the Nicolas Watts paintings and other art and photos. Their web site is racingpilot.com

As far as Europe, I just don't know anyone over there. For handbuilts and kits, Grand Prix Models is as good as it gets over there and alot of guys in the US do alot of business with them.

Finally, if there is something you just can't find, drop me a PM and I may know someone who has it. Alot of things are really getting hard to find, so you have to have big pockets and stay sharp.
Old 26 Dec 2001, 23:13 (Ref:189778)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
do replicarz deliver overseas?? (i.e england!!) and does anyone know where i might be able to get a 1:8 eddie irvine jordan 195 from???
Old 27 Dec 2001, 01:04 (Ref:189791)   #4
Es Nes
Veteran

*drool* thanks ... so many so little xmas money
Old 27 Dec 2001, 06:53 (Ref:189819)   #5
Es Nes
Veteran

couple more questions if you dont mind ...

have the white sebring panoz lmp07 and the 2001 wr/puegoet 675 car been released?

and

do you know if the black audi r8r that compete at sebring in 99 still avaible and if so, where?

thanks in advanced
Old 27 Dec 2001, 14:03 (Ref:189937)   #6
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Replicars will deliver anywhere. The postage might not be worth it though. They have an 600 number listed on the site, so give them a call, or e-mail them for info. They are just great to deal with. Especially Kelly.

I have not seen the Panoz (which is now the "old", abandoned Panoz) in kit or diecast. I am sure PM will do it because it is a LeMans car and they always do the whole grid.

The Sebring 99 Audi is still availabe as a BBR kit. I got on of them and didn't even want to build it, just because the real cars were very unattractivein nasty flat black. But i opened the kit to make sure the parts were there and it was such a nice kit that before I realized I was working on it, it was done. I just can't recommend it enough. With the flat black paint, it is just sooo easy to build. The worst part is the wing, which they designed to be easy and fool proof. And it is. There is no way to screw it up or get it crooked. You do have to be careful with the headlight covers, though. The are similar in shape from one side to the other, so don;t get them mixed up. If you cut it out and it doesn't fit, it is upsidedown or on the wrong side. Or Both.

So, since i built the model, I have actually grown to like the car alot. I couldn't bring myself to paint it flat black, so i painted it glossy. I know it isn't correct, but I looks good and I like it. Everyone who comes to my little museam wants to buy it, so it must be a prety car!
Attached Thumbnails
audi24.jpg  
Old 27 Dec 2001, 22:35 (Ref:190147)   #7
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can confirm that Replicarz do ship to the UK, and very efficiently too. It's obviously not cost effective to use them for models available from UK suppliers, but I regularly buy from them items that are only generally available in the US - some excellent stuff such as Carousel 1 Indycars and GMP Dirt Champ cars. If you order on line they'll usually e-mail you to confirm the shipping cost.

The only problem is UK Customs - if the package slips past them it'll arrive in a couple of days. If not, they'll sit on it for up to a month and then sting you with a bill for import duty, VAT and clearance fee that will up the cost of the models by 25% or so.

The other US diecast supplier who provides an excellent service to the UK is Slingshot Racing (www.nascardiecast.com), mainly for anything NASCAR related although they do stock other products.
Old 29 Dec 2001, 12:43 (Ref:190960)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get my models from the Autosport Show. I would have thoguth they should be available now, but not sure.