Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 19 May 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1614389)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glasgow Racing Circuit

Okay, Glasgow, not the nicest city in the world, infact in a survey it came out as Britains most Dangerous city but it is Scotlands Biggest City and I'm sure there is a lot of Motorsport fans living there, so why do they not have a track?

A Lap of Glasgow Racing Circuit

It is Situated North Of Glasgow, Just outside, it is round about 3 - 4 km ad runs anti clockwise. Turn 1 is a fast Right hander but because tur 2 comes right after it you have to slow down here, its like the Sweeper before Indianapolis at Le Mans. Turn 2 is a long Double apex left hander that takes you onto the back straight. Turn 3 is a very slow Right hairpin that takes you onto the 'Oval'. Turn 4 is a long left hander with banking towards the end. Turn 5-6-7 is a very slow left-Right-Left.
Attached Thumbnails
Glasgow.PNG  
Old 19 May 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1614401)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not particularly keen on this one.
The complex at the end of the lap just seems unnecessary. The first few corners would be pretty exciting; maybe with a bit of downhill gradient as well.
Old 19 May 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1614464)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm with Pirenzo on this one, The opening section would be ok, but I'm really not sure what's going on in that middle section.

And I also agree that for a 2 - 2.5 mile circuit the over all speed really doesn't merit that final section...a simple chicane near the exit of what I assume is the secondary pitlane would suffice if it was needed at all.
Old 20 May 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1614578)   #4
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep. Once again, I'd scale it a bit bigger. I actually like the track all up to the last corners where (as Pirenzo said), seems unnecessary. Just cutting out the last hairpin would be fine. Good Job.
Old 20 May 2006, 00:55 (Ref:1614587)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'd just bypass that last little run in and then back out and just have the resulting 90-100 degree left-hander finish out the lap.

For some reason, the track reminds me of Pacific Raceways.