Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 19 May 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1614404)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
St Etienne Motorspeedway

St Etienne, a town situated near lyon, France's 2nd Biggest city. I have designed a tri-oval circuit with garages for the road circuit and a stadium like look there are only two spaces were there is no setaing. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
StEtienne.PNG  
Old 19 May 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1614415)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice effort, but the road course i sreally straight bend straight bend. No variety.
Kepp trying though, rovals are hard to do i know.
Old 20 May 2006, 00:27 (Ref:1614575)   #3
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Rockmunky, on every count.

Scale seems a bit off too. I've never attempted a proper Roval (actually, I have once, ages ago, I'll bring it up one day). But they are hard.

Not that bad thought.
Old 20 May 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1614584)   #4
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The best roval I have seen is probably the "North Course" at Pocono; it's the configuration that uses most of the infield, but bypasses one section using oval Turn 1.

Yeah, like they said Nicky, the scale just makes it look odd.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1614763)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was tryng out a new style of drawing tracks, I think the scale is fine but thats what I think, I'm probably wrong.
Old 20 May 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1615128)   #6
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well even if the whole thing looks a mess, I like the track.keep on trying thought because they would be quite hard to do.
Old 20 May 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1615142)   #7
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
The whole thing looks a mess!?
Old 20 May 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1615160)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8 doesn't hold back does he?
Old 21 May 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1615393)   #9
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup. I'll always find a way to make your tracks crap. but no I like it. I was just sying that your older style of tracks was better.
Old 21 May 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1615513)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Ok thats fine. But its not that much of a mess
Old 21 May 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1615806)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've tried doing ovals before...scale is a real issue. I've even tried using Google Earth images of real Ovals as a background but have yet to come up with something that I really think works.

Even doing Motegi style course that run outside the oval aren't that easy to incorporate