Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Oct 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2556826)   #51
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After many years of dragging my kids around England and Europe to watch rallycross in all weathers they have now decided to get there own back on there ole man and have kindly put me forward for the rallycross master class this weekend at lydden for a 40th Bday treat! Just receaved the confirmation through the post and I am looking forward to getting the chance to learn about rallycross at lydden and having the chance of driving the circuit with tuition from expert drivers.With Pat there having seen him from the days of the Sierra cossie to the debut of the RS200 at Cadwell could be the best treat ever
Old 9 Oct 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2557339)   #52
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Have fun! Should be good fun - especially if you get a ride in one of the supercars Let us know how you get on.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2557582)   #53
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been looking at the details on the Rallycross Masterclass for a few weeks now - I'd love to do it, but its just a bit more than I can afford to spend out at the moment.

If I recall both Pat Doran and Steve Hill will be tutoring throughout the day (I think in Suzuki Swifts), then the day closes with a passenger lap (or laps) in either Steve's Evo or Pat's Fiesta ST.

Very jealous - enjoy yourself!
Old 9 Oct 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2557761)   #54
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have fun
Hire a stock next then ? then your see how good our sport really is
Just dont sign anything that has Swift in the small print !!!hehe

Oh BTW what does a "master class" cost ? £s?
Old 10 Oct 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2558109)   #55
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
Oh BTW what does a "master class" cost ? £s?
Just in case Schanche doesn't want to know how much his kids spent on him, the amount is written below in invisible ink...

Cost of the rallycross masterclass at Lydden is £299!
(Highlight the line above to see it!)
Old 10 Oct 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2558276)   #56
MESHGA
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Just in case Schanche doesn't want to know how much his kids spent on him, the amount is written below in invisible ink...

Worth every penny im sure
does anybody know what the day is made up of ?
Old 10 Oct 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2558281)   #57
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always thought the money you spend on this sort of thing is the best money you can spend in motorsport. I've got a lot out of rallyschools and I'm sure this will be as good given the quality and experience of the people involved. If nothing else you iron out your obvious mistakes and you grow in confidence.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2558295)   #58
MESHGA
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
I've always thought the money you spend on this sort of thing is the best money you can spend in motorsport. I've got a lot out of rallyschools and I'm sure this will be as good given the quality and experience of the people involved. If nothing else you iron out your obvious mistakes and you grow in confidence.
Yes i agree with you there !!! For 1 Liam is testament to this as he must of been on some good ice racing/driving courses during last winter
Old 10 Oct 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2558301)   #59
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

Ha Ha the kids let me in on the price lol Infact I originally wanted to go for a Flight in a WW2 Harvard trainer but luckily the kids over ruled the old git and Bullied me into this Mainly coz it was cheaper
Camera at the ready looking forward to it now
Old 10 Oct 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2558307)   #60
MESHGA
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Ha Ha the kids let me in on the price lol Infact I originally wanted to go for a Flight in a WW2 Harvard trainer but luckily the kids over ruled the old git and Bullied me into this Mainly coz it was cheaper
Camera at the ready looking forward to it now
I am very close to the guy who flies a ww2 Mustang which is a 2 seater and im sure he would take you up !! We get a free air show quite regularly here
Old 10 Oct 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2558321)   #61
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Quote:
I am very close to the guy who flies a ww2 Mustang which is a 2 seater and im sure he would take you up !! We get a free air show quite regularly here
Dont say things like that you will put me off!
P51 is my all time fav WW2 fighter yes even more than the Spit reguarly make the trip to Flying legends my second sin after Rallycross lol poor kids got dragged round to the airshows as well

MESHGA Just out of Interest which P51 driver are you close with? Anyone of the Robs/Maurice/Stephen TFC /OMFC.

Ray and Mark Hanna were the Ultimate WW2 Fighter display pilots what you say? lol sorry wrong Forum got carried away!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2559593)   #62
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Can we start a queue for the P51 flights please?!

I've been promising myself a day at one of those rally courses for years now, but the rallycross one looks even more appealing - if only the ride at the end of the day was in Pat's RS200... (though I think the Fiesta ST is a great looking car as well!)
Old 12 Oct 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2559703)   #63
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Master Class!

Well what can I say had a Fantastic day down at Lydden Hill courtesy of Peter Gwynne and Co and the Doran family made very welcome at the Rallycross Master Class day! With the added bonus of Steve Hill and Andrew Jordan and ??? as Mentors. At one point we had Andrew and Pat discussing there best race together Steve saying how much he enjoyed the move he made into rallycross Pat describing his most enjoyable Race win in Rallycross and giving us a talk in how he got Started in Rallycross and discussing the finer points of getting started in Rallycross as a newbie. Being my first time driving on track I was put into the novice group starting off in the Nissan Micra Fanatstic little car
Seemed like I was going really fast although my youngest said I lost the race thanks for that wasn’t even racing.Chessens drift is wide and so long! Bloody steep going up too the hair pin and so fast coming back down and breaking to take the right hander onto the gravel was brilliant and collecting it all up again to go through the chicane and then accelerating down to chessons Great!.Have to apologise to my Mentor not only have I forgotten his name but I also had a moment going into chessons which he just warned me about? A little too fast!! and I had to gather up thankfully I did. Had two runs in the Micra,
And then my Third run was in the Swift in the damp Left hand drive as well?so much more responsive than the Micra and you could feel a lot more through the suspension and it just keeps pulling and pulling( Sounds like I know what I’m on about?)
But it was a lot more drivable than the Micra!.
Brilliant day experiencing rallycross for the first time well worth the money! made all the more enjoyable by the totally mad Plastic Paddy as the Guru calls him.The Fiesta went sick sadly but did a few runs earlier in the day.

My youngest enjoyed himself!
So did I.....

Thanks all
Old 12 Oct 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2559716)   #64
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds/looks like you had a mega day!! I drive a Swift as my every day road car so I was interested to hear what it was like to rally!! Just as a matter of interest how many of you were there out on track? Think you'll be doing it for real in 2010?

Sal
Old 12 Oct 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2559733)   #65
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sounds like a good day The weather wasn't brilliant but I guess that just made it more 'interesting' on the circuit

(count me in for the P51 ride too I quite often see Rob Davies Mustang around as it's based near me )
Old 13 Oct 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2560479)   #66
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Looks like you had a brilliant day - even more jealous that I didn't have the funding to go now!
Old 13 Oct 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2560624)   #67
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to tell me all about it when you get the chance Tony.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2560754)   #68
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea me to,p51,great bird,but im afraid its behind the spit and the hurrican in my books.

BB....
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2560772)   #69
goldy
Rookie

goldy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well my highlight of the day was putting a face to who "schanche" really was! although track time was ok too!
Old 13 Oct 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2560885)   #70
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy View Post
well my highlight of the day was putting a face to who "schanche" really was! although track time was ok too!
Damm my secrets out goldy Haha didn't even think of seeing if any other forum members were attending! would of happily sat there listening to pat and his stories of the great man Schanche. Just needed more runs might have made it to the A final lol
Old 16 Oct 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2562919)   #71
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
My driving skills put to the test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE9iHspogIw
Sorry for stretching this one out but it felt fast in the cars
Old 24 Oct 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2568533)   #72
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Cheers Tony good videos, hope you enjoyed your day. For anyone that hasn t seen MrRallycrossuks Youtube footage he really has done well. Seems hes added just about all the top material from the last 30 years. Great way of showing the Youtube generation just how good rallycross was and still is, certainly plenty of fantastic comments on his site from all over the world.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2568702)   #73
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bless did'nt he do well,tony,barrie are we planing the road trips for next year?

BB....
Old 24 Oct 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2568753)   #74
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Hi Wayne, only if invited, will try an do as many as possible.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2572632)   #75
MESHGA
Racer

Has any body any more info on the swifts re cost and how the class is working ?
Also whats the New MDA mini going ? like to know the regs