Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2573686)   #76
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were saying £20k at Mallory for a ready to race swift - I guess people will form their own judgements about whether it is worth it but at that price I'll be amazed if it takes off.

That sort of money makes the MINI look a good deal. It also makes the 4wd production class we were talking about a while back look good too...
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2573713)   #77
z-spec
Rookie

Netherlands
Brabant
z-spec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKY_BOBBY View Post
just wondering what peoples thoughts on the one make swift class for next year is. im an optimist so i hope it takes of with the success of the nova challenge or stock hatch but if everything has to be done through one supplier/preparation company this might put people of. eg me!
hopefully someone can shed a bit more light on whats happening asap as per usual those in the know are being a bit quiet which doesnt help peoples plans

cheers
We done rolcages a few years ago for 40 Suzuki swifts for a dutch cup these cars are verry ridgid and verry reliable www.va-motorsport.com
Old 1 Nov 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2573746)   #78
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
They were saying £20k at Mallory for a ready to race swift - I guess people will form their own judgements about whether it is worth it but at that price I'll be amazed if it takes off.

That sort of money makes the MINI look a good deal. It also makes the 4wd production class we were talking about a while back look good too...
The price seems to have jumped it was not £20k . Think it was more like £12K/13k orignally.

Anyway people will still spend £20k on building a MINI or a production 4wd car.

The Nova challenge was a success and expect with inflation etc that was a similar price to what they cost.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2573983)   #79
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmsport View Post
The price seems to have jumped it was not £20k . Think it was more like £12K/13k orignally.

Anyway people will still spend £20k on building a MINI or a production 4wd car.

The Nova challenge was a success and expect with inflation etc that was a similar price to what they cost.
Time will only tell on this!!

Just an interesting point re production 4wd!
Gareth Woods car spec is ni on what we was chatting about on here a while ago and he came 3dr at Super prix !
Ok the weather played a part but proves what can be achieved and imho think it would be a great class to replace S/H in time
Old 2 Nov 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2574073)   #80
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its a silly price for a budget production class my car cost just over 20K and its a top modified i tink the 4wd production class is a good idea people wouldn't mind so much spending 15 or 16 grand on a 4wd 200 +bhp cars
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2575911)   #81
Cujo
Racer

United Kingdom
(Over) Hairy Hill
Cujo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MN quoted the budget Scoob as costing £7K and having 350bhp
Old 29 Dec 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2606189)   #82
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought i would raise the subject again and see how the interest is in the Suzuki's for 2010.

Any news?
Any drivers signed up.

Sounds like a few ex Super Modified drivers will be building a car for the class and a few stock drivers moving up.

A full grid of 8/10 cars in the BRC is expected at first round in April.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2611046)   #83
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably get in trouble, but I've got a Suzuki Swift Sport for sale, road car ready to be converted to RallyX. Send me a PM.

These are great little cars, even better with the ESP off
Old 15 Jan 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2613883)   #84
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After how your wife thrashed it Minimadness?? (Joke!)
Old 23 Jan 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2618032)   #85
Audi S1
Racer

Great to read about some good promotional activities going on to Launch the Swift into Rallycross including NEC and Earls Court Launches.

Also good to read some good prizes on offer this year for the Swift championship including £500 for 1st place at each round and a Swift road car for the overall winner of the championship. Great too see something being given back to the drivers.

With competitive entry fee's at (£156),it should be a good 1 make championship that should provide some good racing and a good feeder class to Div1a and above.

All drivers have to register by this coming Friday 29th January with 30 places available in the championship, would be great to have some official announcements to who is doing the full series and some one off drives also.

We already know Bellerby, Sellar, and Rogers are doing it and a couple of arrive and drive cars available from the Doran's and Hill Motor sport teams.

Roll on 5th April.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2618126)   #86
RICKY_BOBBY
Rookie

RICKY_BOBBY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was very pleased to hear at the autosport show that a number of competitors have committed to the swifts. i was also very pleased when talking to the organisors that when sourcing the kit themselves and doing the work themselves they have managed to build the cars for around 8k. this will certainly help with numbers as when i spoke to peter gwynne last year i was under the impression everything had to bought from him and that was when i was quoted 18k-ish. i apologise for my previous misunderstanding and dismissal of this class and now we have cars being built for sensible money i think it will make a great replacement for stock hatch. as for my subaru it said i spent 7k on it, it did cost a bit more than that and had 320 bhp but this was only achievable by modifications not permitted in the new procar 4wd class having read the procar rules i wouldnt expect to see them keeping up with supercars (you cant even use gpn ecu's thus eliminating the chance of using ex rallycars). due to the rules they decided on iam currently changing my car to run a full campaign in the supercars (budget dependant!!!!!)
Old 23 Jan 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2618161)   #87
MESHGA
Racer

Can i ask whos giving the £500?
Yes sounds great but most of us race/raced for the "kick" or to know you was good !! not for cash!!!!!!!! Theres plenty of web site where you can earn £500 easier
Old 23 Jan 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2618257)   #88
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The details I quoted (£20k) were from the Mallory programme - so either this was wrong or there has been a change of heart. £7k is certainly more sensible but I can't see you building something equivalent to the curent rally versions for that. Homologated swifts second hand are usually around the £15k mark.

Still think if you want a 'premium' modern production car class the C2 would have been better bet - there is still international works support and people could have taken them to France.

The Procar 4wd aren't supposed to keep up with Supercars - no more than the Swifts are supposed to keep up with modifieds or Div 1a! They're a stand alone clubman class for people who want to enjoy 4wd without breaking the bank.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2618285)   #89
RICKY_BOBBY
Rookie

RICKY_BOBBY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree that there may have more suitable car choices the organisers could have made but thats done now. with regards to procar keeping up with supercars, one person who seems to have committed to the class (not me despite what it says on roc site) is confident his will and was just wondering how he was intending to do this with the regs being quite restrictive. (this is not a dig i am genuinly intrested to learn)
Old 24 Jan 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2618468)   #90
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you mean Conor, Pats idea seems to be that on his day Conor will thrash the supercars when it is slippery enough that supercar drivers cannot control their cars!.
When it is not poor conditions it will be like a one legged man entering an ar_e kicking competition, a bit like Jukesey at Mallory where on lap 1 the rest of the grid was at Gerrards while he was going under the footbridge. BRING ON THE WET I SAY!!!
Hopefully Pat will respond later today.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2618612)   #91
MESHGA
Racer

Watched Autosport show on Motors TV . Amy said in her interview 20k to build from Peter Gwynne and then 3k to run for the season ! so im confused!!!!
With the names banded around who going to race this year it could be good to see who comes out on top?
Old 24 Jan 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2618767)   #92
Audi S1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
Can i ask whos giving the £500?
Yes sounds great but most of us race/raced for the "kick" or to know you was good !! not for cash!!!!!!!! Theres plenty of web site where you can earn £500 easier
Check out:
http://www.petergwynne.com/home.html

For all the latest news on the swift championship, prizes, costs, hire fee's etc etc.

According to regs the £500 will be i assume given by the championship organisers for 1st place at each round.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2618783)   #93
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's easy...

£2500 for a race
£5000 for the kit (with all optional parts, i think around £8000)
£15000 for the kit and a donor swift
£20000 for the kit installed on a donor swift...

prices without VAT
Old 24 Jan 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2618791)   #94
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Yes the lower figure mentioned before was presumably just for the basic kit plus vat? There is a basic kit and the performance kit is an option - although as the website suggests this boosts performance 'massively' you've clearly got to have the full performance kit to be anywhere near competitive.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2776188)   #95
MESHGA
Racer

Will we see swifts as Junior cars in 2011 ?

Swift fun day had one logoed up as junior so i presume so

Have to say mini looks old now and maybe bring in a lot new drivers with mums and dads with cash.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2836251)   #96
A Sport Racing
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
A Sport Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just thought i would bring this post back to life as im goin to be a competitor in it this year, what are peoples thoughts on the class now 12 months in and growing rapidly by the day...
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:37 (Ref:2836255)   #97
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sport Racing View Post
I just thought i would bring this post back to life as im goin to be a competitor in it this year, what are peoples thoughts on the class now 12 months in and growing rapidly by the day...
A breathe of Fresh air to the British Rallycross championship long time needed ever since the ever popular Nova challenge! Many drivers progressed through the ranks from the Novas. Bigger field this year a worthy champion and some real contenders this year! As well as the Junior Swifts? Looks to me that it is one of the best things to appear in the BRC for the last few years but then who am I to say
http://www.swiftrallycross.com
Take a look for yourselves

On top off all that! Open Days for you too come along and test before you Hire or buy

Last edited by schanche; 24 Feb 2011 at 16:53.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2836262)   #98
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like them. I think it's a shame the MINI series was developed because if everyone in that had gone into Swifts, we'd have a cracking field.

Still, the racing is always good and I look forward to increased numbers this year.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2848442)   #99
A Sport Racing
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
A Sport Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there is a quality grid for the 1 st round , im really looking forward it now.......