Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 23 May 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1617088)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woodland Park

Woodland Park is a Top grade F1 ready circuit set in rolling wooded countryside.

The Circuit is Anti-Clockwise and is approximately 3.5 miles (5.5km) in length with 9 Right Handed corners and 7 Left Handed.

From the Start finish line, T1 is a 90 degree right hander which leads gently up hill towards The option of T2 another more open 90 degree right hander or T2a, a tighter near hairpin Right hander which opens out with a left hand flick (T2b) onto The paddock straight. There is a gentle crest one third of the way long this straight, resulting in a downhill entry into the T3 andT4, a fairly open Right Left chicane. The ground levels off, before the entry into T5, an 180 degree right hander that starts off quite tight but opens out on exit into the positively cambered left hander T6 with another slight flick to the right on exit. This flick is not regarded as a turn as it requires no braking. T7 is a hard stopping 90 degree right hander, which opens out climbing up hill through the esses of T8 and T9 onto the back straight. There is a crest just after the bridge giving a downhill braking entry into the T10 hairpin. T11 is a gentle sweeping left hand curve leading into T12 which marks the start of the Stadium section which completes the lap. T12 is a very tight right hand corner of 80 degrees which requires heavy braking; the exit leads along a short straight into the Stadium Chicane (T13-T14). The Final Corners, the left handed T15 and T16 may be considered as a single double apex corner, although if two wide on entry it has to be driven as separate corners.

Parking is shown for the infield “Stadium” Grandstands. There is external parking (not shown) around the circuit for the External Grandstands, together with camp sites to the North and South of the circuit. There is limited General admission the perimeter tree lined areas.

Comments, suggestions and Edits welcome as always
Attached Thumbnails
Woodland Park.jpg  
Old 24 May 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1618054)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate those stands. they stand out to much and look like they are there for no reason. But anyway, the track is good. I like corners 1 through to 4. good.
Old 24 May 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1618147)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a nice track. I think the section around turn 11 leading up to the back straight must be really enjoyable to drive. And the stadium section must be quite enjoyable for the spectators, because they can see the pits from just about everywhere surrounding it.
Now good luck to the promoters for filling all of these seats on race day
Old 24 May 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1618237)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8_TURBO
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate those stands. they stand out to much and look like they are there for no reason.
Is it the placement of the stands you object to, or just me method of demonstrating where stands would be placed?

If it's the former, well I've commented that general admission is limited due to the woodland surroundings much like the old Hockenhiem, therefore a larger number of stands than normal are required. I've placed them at what I percieve in the design to be the main overtaking and best viewing points.
With this circuit I've included a tight and twisty section that I've described as the stadium section, therefore I have to indicate grandstands in that area.

If it's the latter, the Software that I use doesn't have a facility to demonstrate 3D grandstands, nor the ability to manipulate a single shape to follow contours around the outside of a section of track...as would be ideal for the Grandstand section
Old 25 May 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1618548)   #5
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Revision

I love this one SBF. I would however, make some slight alterations to the section opposite the pit straight, I'd also make the track run clockwise

Revision Guide

The new track I have drawn in, is in dark grey with red edging, and the original track is in blue. I wanted to change this section (bearing in mind I have changed the direction of the circuit) to make it free flowing, rather than a concoction of tighter type corners. The entrance to the section, I found to be reminscent to the left right flick at Albert Park around the back of the lake.

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
untitled1.PNG  
Old 25 May 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1618570)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Ummm.......My Oops!! I wrote anti-clockwise in the blurb, yet have numbered the turns clockwise.

The Numbering was correct as Martin-1 suggests it should be run clockwise, which is the way the gravel traps are layed out.

As for the slight change at the entry to the Stadium section, I not a problem. Though I was trying to ensure the speed wasn't too high as there is little room for run off
Old 25 May 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1618825)   #7
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
Is it the placement of the stands you object to, or just me method of demonstrating where stands would be placed?

If it's the former, well I've commented that general admission is limited due to the woodland surroundings much like the old Hockenhiem, therefore a larger number of stands than normal are required. I've placed them at what I percieve in the design to be the main overtaking and best viewing points.
With this circuit I've included a tight and twisty section that I've described as the stadium section, therefore I have to indicate grandstands in that area.

If it's the latter, the Software that I use doesn't have a facility to demonstrate 3D grandstands, nor the ability to manipulate a single shape to follow contours around the outside of a section of track...as would be ideal for the Grandstand section
What?