Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jun 2004, 09:28 (Ref:1018495)   #1
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Snetterton HSCC weekend

any exciting reports ? or pics ?

we had (in our terms) a great weekend, 4th race, our 1st 1 hour race, and having never been to Snet before finished a strong 11th overall, in an uncompetitive self built and prepared car, but at least it was reliable as others where dropping like flies.

thanks to all the Marshalls, there where plenty of incidents and loads of oil courtesy of a few leaky old bangers ! and they went flat out through lunch to keep things running on time after some lenghtly morning delays.

there where some nast shunts and an F5000 totally burnt out (go for it Pierre!) but all the racing seemed to be good natured and well organised.

Roll on my new diff and Brands in July
Old 28 Jun 2004, 09:58 (Ref:1018514)   #2
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throb.jpg (4.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 28 Jun 2004, 10:00 (Ref:1018515)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
action
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throb2.jpg (8.5 KB, 118 views)
Old 28 Jun 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1018535)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
nice one Paul . . .I'm in front

amazing what you can do with digital photography !
Old 28 Jun 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1018721)   #5
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Snetterton HSCC weekend

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zefarelly
[B]any exciting reports ? or pics ?

thanks to all the Marshalls, there where plenty of incidents and loads of oil courtesy of a few leaky old bangers ! and they went flat out through lunch to keep things running on time after some lenghtly morning delays.

Thanks for your comments, I was at Bombhole and helped with the incident in the early practice session and then all the oil from the leaky bangers. I knew there would be some but I seemed to spend the whole weekend with a bucket full of concrete dust in one hand and a broom in the other!
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your first trip to Snetterton and you had a good race.
I enjoyed all the racing over both days, some of the cars looked amazing (considering how old some of them were) a big well done to all the teams and drivers for putting on such a good show.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1018796)   #6
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well I really enjoyed my first run at Snetterton for many a year. OK the entry for the FJ races was down due to the Charade race but it was still good to be out there. Embarassingly we thought we were third for a moment when we were asked to line up in the pitlane at the end of race one but no! Had a moment at the end of start/finish straight when I thought I might carry on as far as Suffolk but managed to get back on. It was so slippery that I went into even more 'Jessie Mode' to stay on.

All in all a good day's fun so thanks to the HSCC and all the marshals and officials. Hopefully we can get the VSCC to consider a race at Snetterton.

Old 28 Jun 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1018807)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I had one of those Bishop Ranter . . .getting alittle confident I thought I cold take the first corner in 4th . . . . .subsequently got it very sideways indeed in several directions, ended up fishtailing to the second corner with sufficient speed scrubbed to get a fast exit onto the back straight for the first time !!!

the bomb hole was more like a skid pan for the saloons practice, I love MK2 Jags and their pourous sumps !!!!!!
Old 28 Jun 2004, 23:43 (Ref:1019577)   #8
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see the VSCC come to Snet. I would definitly marshal that one. I was stuck on the Revett on the Sunday but it was a good days racing and good grids. Drivers seemed to enjoy it as there was plenty of waving and some horn tooting at the end of each race. But thats what I like about Historics, the friendliness. Would have loved to had the chance to get round the paddock but had to work through lunch.

BTW Did anyone see the air displays? the mustangs and the wonderful sight of the B17. Ah! Historic racing and WW2 Aircraft. Oh dear how I miss Goodwood in September!

Steve B
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:41 (Ref:1019805)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I didnt see any airy planes . . .was that on Saturday ?

fingers crossed the meet gets a good write up in the press as there was plenty of action !
Old 29 Jun 2004, 09:08 (Ref:1019823)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
FF Race reports here: http://www.clubff1600.co.uk/news/new....asp?NewsID=68
More FF images: http://paulsands.org/snetterton/ff/ff.html
Historic Roadsport images:http://paulsands.org/snetterton/hscc/hscc.html

More hopefully to follow
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1019987)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands

More hopefully to follow
like certain saloon cars sitting backwards in the middle of the chicane watching everyone cruise past