Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Jan 2010, 05:28 (Ref:2610839)   #1
mazda1
Rookie

United States
Orlando,FL
mazda1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette in GT2

I just hope Corvette don't ruin GT2 like they did GT1! We have seen rules changed because of them, we have seen manufactures pull out because of them, we have seen yellow flags benefit just them year after year and the sport car world wonders what happen to GT1! I can tell you what happened, CORVETTE!!! If you saw Laguna Seca last year, then you know what I am talking about. It's about letting GM do whatever it takes to win! If they are let loose this year we will see the end of GT2 also. Let's hope ALMS and GM don't get financially attached like they did in Grand am 2008, and ruin what it looks to be an awesome year for GT2!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2610845)   #2
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yellow flags benefit them year after year?
Old 10 Jan 2010, 06:48 (Ref:2610846)   #3
grumpyf14d
Rookie

United States
London
grumpyf14d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I'd be scared about Corvette coming in if I was a Porsche fan to. They should take GT2 back a few years and be the single make class they were once...makes sense to me.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2610924)   #4
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyf14d View Post
Yeah, I'd be scared about Corvette coming in if I was a Porsche fan to. They should take GT2 back a few years and be the single make class they were once...makes sense to me.
Welcome Grumpy... I can see how the GT2 class would be over-run by an over-Competitive Corvette but in Motorsport, money talks(not literally...) and forces certain teams pull out while others to push in and dominate. Hopefully, the GT3 911's can equally perform... I disagree about having the GT2 become almost a Spec-Class... not fun.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2611053)   #5
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GM dont have the budget they once had!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2611054)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
Could you please post your evidence that GM Racing/ Pratt and Miller no longer are provided an adequate budget, or even the budget they previously had. Thanks
Old 10 Jan 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2611060)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
He didnt say Pratt & Miller ..... he said GM , and they dont have the same wedge as they used to throw about , at least thats what we are told . P&M opperate with a well sponsored car .

Last edited by The Badger; 10 Jan 2010 at 17:02.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2611068)   #8
grumpyf14d
Rookie

United States
London
grumpyf14d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyf14d View Post
Sorry, forgot to insert the sarcasm disclamer at the end. I really enjoy the fact that there are now a better veriety of makes in the class. Harks back to a previous era.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2611069)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
LMAO ..... from a fellow Irishman , I love your name dude !!!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2611071)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
He didnt say Pratt & Miller ..... he said GM , and they dont ?
Please explain to me the differentiation you are tying to establish here??

L.P.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2611084)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

P&M were said to have a safe opperation because their budget comes mainly from sponsorship , and not lock stock and two smoking barrels from GM . GM companies do sponsor the car , and pay for that service .

Just incase you are not aware , GM and P&M are two seperate companies , or am I wrong in your mind again ?
Old 10 Jan 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2611133)   #12
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The budget/sponsorship/funding goes to the GM works Corvette Racing program, not to Pratt & Miller (per se).

And yes they are two different companies, P&M is contracted as the 'works' entity by GM.

L.P.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2611142)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
And yes they are two different companies, P&M is contracted as the 'works' entity by GM.
...and hasn't it been that way for several years now?

do we know how much they have been getting through the years, %GM vs %sponsers? and how much has this changed from GT1 to GT2, if any?
Old 10 Jan 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2611173)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The budget/sponsorship/funding goes to the GM works Corvette Racing program, not to Pratt & Miller (per se).

L.P.
And who is the team that runs the "Corvette racing program" ?
Old 10 Jan 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2611235)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda1 View Post
I just hope Corvette don't ruin GT2 like they did GT1! We have seen rules changed because of them, we have seen manufactures pull out because of them, we have seen yellow flags benefit just them year after year and the sport car world wonders what happen to GT1! I can tell you what happened, CORVETTE!!! If you saw Laguna Seca last year, then you know what I am talking about. It's about letting GM do whatever it takes to win! If they are let loose this year we will see the end of GT2 also. Let's hope ALMS and GM don't get financially attached like they did in Grand am 2008, and ruin what it looks to be an awesome year for GT2!
I've read some ill-informed posts in my time but this is right there in the bottom percentile
Old 10 Jan 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2611297)   #16
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I've read some ill-informed posts in my time but this is right there in the bottom percentile
God bless you kind sir.

Chris
Old 11 Jan 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2611327)   #17
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LMAO ..... from a fellow Irishman , I love your name dude !!!
Cheers, inspired by Tommy Byrne

Back to topic, I was merely speculating that the fact GM have had massive cutbacks and reorganisation means that they wouldnt be throwing as much cash into motorsport as they would have previously. I never mentioned Pratt and Miller, they run a tight and effective shop and are good at what they do.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 01:51 (Ref:2611332)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

I wonder where Tommy Byrne would have ended up if he had kept his trap shut ?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2611470)   #19
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Corvette's competition in GT2 is far greater than it ever was in GT1 I dont see Porsche and Ferrari being white washed - they are more likely to step up their efforts especially with a GT2 458 likely to be on the horizon - however with the 430 at the end of its development and cycle the GT2 Corvette at the start of it - 2010 could see the GT2 Corvette moving ahead of the Ferrari. I see the Porsche at stiffer competition for 2010 though
Old 11 Jan 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2611725)   #20
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
P&M were said to have a safe opperation because their budget comes mainly from sponsorship , and not lock stock and two smoking barrels from GM . GM companies do sponsor the car , and pay for that service .

Just incase you are not aware , GM and P&M are two seperate companies , or am I wrong in your mind again ?

In context, it sounds like the poster was suggesting that the racing program had less funding. I had to assume that the post had some meaning to the thread, and that seems to be the only logical conclusion. I suppose it could have just been a random post, completely non-related to the thread, sort of like... the sky is blue!!