Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 21 Oct 2008, 05:16 (Ref:2317242)   #1
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Narragansett Circuit

Here is my second track, Narragansett Circuit. It is about 3.2 Miles long. Passing areas would be both the Inner and Outer Stadium Hairpins, and the Hammerhead Curve. The circuit is based a little bit off of Autopolis and Sepang. However I tried to be unique with the front and back straights being side by side.

Hope guys like it.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

Old 21 Oct 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2317353)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow

Interesting circuit, I like many aspects of it.

Having gone as detailed as you have (and I've been pulled up for this in my own designs) is a lack of paddock access or spectator access to the Main grandstand in the infield.

Where would you place the tunnel/bridges even if you don't actually show it?
Old 21 Oct 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2317865)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Besides the fact that the bow-ish Turn 1 seems to have a runoff problem, the track looks pretty good fun to me. The variety of corner shapes is tremendous, and I like it like that.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2317881)   #4
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very cool

That front and back straights between the stands and garages could be called Thunder ALLY. As it will be very very loud with all that wonderful engines on full song.

Very cool indeed
Old 22 Oct 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2317991)   #5
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impressing,very clever, I have issues with t1 run-off tho' , that's the only thing I can point.

Love the horseshoe design, I have lots of horseshoe designs in my tracks,I'm a fan of that concept, yours is very well executed.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 02:44 (Ref:2318006)   #6
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm too lazy to add tunnels to be honest. There is a limit to how much detail I put into my tracks.

Turn one is only about 25 degrees and is very broad. so it is more like a slightly curved straight than a turn imo. Also because it is so broad an accident would cause a glancing blow into the wall. A runoff area would have to be very big to slow cars down. Otherwise a runoff would just change the glancing blow into a more head on collision. I took this area into consideration in designing the runoff areas but imo the turn is so broad it does not need large runoff.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2318045)   #7
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting signature, I'm confused by all aspects of it

I think your latest is great, very fast very good-looking shapewise. Kudos.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 01:35 (Ref:2320344)   #8
clarkma5
Rookie

United States
Seattle, WA
clarkma5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it looks great though I'm confused about which direction you're planning on running it. If you're saying turn 1 is 25 degrees then I assume that means you're planning on running it anti-clockwise. I personally assumed at first glance it would be run clockwise, at which point turn 1 does seem to have a major runoff issue. Even run anti-clockwise I think pulling that inner hairpin in toward the grandstands would allow for you to open up more runoff.

It really does look great overall. I even love the potential for having two separate loops that can run simultaneously, because I am a sucker for alternate track layouts, though you have no facility for either a secondary pit or access to the primary paddock from the lower loop. But if you're just in it for a GP track then I guess that's minor.

P.S. "Thunder Alley" looks totally awesome, that would be majorly fun as a spectator.