Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Oct 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3463359)   #76
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Expecting to be flamed for this but...

All this talk of "back doors". If you want to watch the race so bad then why don't you just pay the fee to the WEC and watch the stream legally? It's a small price to pay to know that you won't have any issues watching it. Seriously, I thought we were all fans here?

I mean sure, it should be free, but it's not.

No way I am paying for Fuji and risk what happened last year happening again.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3463372)   #77
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Expecting to be flamed for this but...

All this talk of "back doors". If you want to watch the race so bad then why don't you just pay the fee to the WEC and watch the stream legally? It's a small price to pay to know that you won't have any issues watching it. Seriously, I thought we were all fans here?
You won't get flamed ... you will be clinically dissected.

First off, since it's so cheap, why don't you buy a few logins for those here who don't make much money? It's a small price to pay, and you know you won't have any issues with it ...

"Won't have any issues watching it ... " Assuming the race happens at all (see 2013) and assuming every link between here and there holds up ... and assuming I can be around and near my computer when the race happens (no replays.)

So if I stay up all night, pump myself full of coffee, knowing I will be sacrificing any sort of performance at work the next day ... and the race is rained out ... those aren't "issues" ... and suffering all day Sunday for a race I couldn't watch is worth it because ...

I'm a True Fan.

Naturally ATLFalconsFAN gets to berate people who don't spend their money the way he thinks they should because he is a "Fan" while the rest of us obviously aren't.

I am still recovering from driving all night to show up at Road Atlanta early Thursday (to save the cost of a night at a hotel and to save one more day off at work,) watching the race, and driving home early Sunday to try to not miss another day. How much I spent is not worth mentioning, or even considering, because no Fan would care if he spent several month's discretionary income to see one event, right?

But wait ... I'm Not a fan, because I won't by the WEC app. Wow, now I feel stupid spending all that cash and all those vacation days on PLM.

"I mean sure, it should be free, but it's not."

So ... you support things you think are wrong because it is convenient. How honorable. And you tell others to support things you think are wrong? I guess that's why I am not a true "Fan"--I don't support people charging me for things they shouldn't and I don't buy bad deals.

But then, i am the sort of idiot who favored divesting of South African stocks to protest apartheid, and who favors divesting of petroleum company stocks until they spend some of their obscene profits on at least making drilling, refining, and transport as clean and safe as possible.

Stupid me, having human values and supporting human rights instead of being a "Fan" and paying money for something I think is wrong because it is convenient.

See, that's not flaming. I didn't compare you to Hitler, I didn't use "l337-speak," I didn't mention any of your relatives or your personal sexual habits, I didn't curse ...

I expect in return I will be the first beneficiary of the ATLFalconsFAnN WEC app donation program you will be starting between now and the drop of the green flag at Fuji.

We all appreciate what a "Real Fan" will do to support the sport he so obviously loves. We thank you. PM me with the login and password.

Old 11 Oct 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3463374)   #78
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Woah! OK, everyone. Let's calm down, ok? We're all friends here.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3463378)   #79
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I understand not buying it now that it is mid season. But come on a real fan should have bought it in the beginning. It is well worth it. Otherwise, you can always wait for this russian you tube channel to upload full race and qualy as it always does! Cheers.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3463381)   #80
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paradise City, you missed the prominent (because set off) smiley at the bottom. Though I meant every word, it was meant to be taken tongue-in-cheekā€”or tongue fully extended.

Pandemonioum: You really stepped in it. You made the dual error of first, telling other people how to spend their money (again, if the cost is so low and your income so high, feel free to donate some subscriptions) and then, you decided to be the arbiter of "True Fandom," which is particularly wrong since you in no way addressed the very reasonable objections we "Non-Fans" have raised.

I don't know why some holier- (and wealthier-) than-thou types have decided how other fans should watch the sport, spend our money, or express our life-long love for sportscar racing, but I can guarantee no good will come of debating any of this.

How about the folks that choose to buy the app all congratulate each other in PMs, and heap scorn on the rest of us via similar channels, and we actually discuss racing here?

My great appreciation to those who have posted alternative links to help fellow ... well, not sure if we are "fans" or not ... watch these races.

On every other site I frequent, people who have live links are always willing to share them because they all know that not everybody can afford the fifth-tier cable channel, or in some cases live in places where access is impossible for any number of reasons.

Thanks to all those folks and thanks to the folks who post links here.

My diatribe aimed at FalconsFAN was honest, heartfelt, and intended to be humorous, not serious. My apologies to anyone who was offended, even if they missed the very obvious smiley at the end and are silly to be offended by my silliness.

Now ... I have a ton of work to do before the race, but I will gladly engage in any discussion About The Race.

I do Not want to start a fight here. We have what looks like a good race coming up, let's all spend our energy on that.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3463383)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. Let's move on - these issues have been long debated already.....
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3463386)   #82
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To change the tone a bit, how much coffee is too much coffee? And when does the race start UK time?
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3463387)   #83
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
To change the tone a bit, how much coffee is too much coffee? And when does the race start UK time?
3am start in the UK. I would have tried it if there had been live TV.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3463388)   #84
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think RLM's coverage starts at 2am, so I guess the race starts at 3?
Don't quote me on that.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3463389)   #85
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I think RLM's coverage starts at 2am, so I guess the race starts at 3?
Don't quote me on that.
Whoops. I just did.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3463390)   #86
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
3am start in the UK. I would have tried it if there had been live TV.
Cheers Simmi. Think I'm going to give it a go.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3463396)   #87
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm rather annoyed that Motors aren't showing whole race.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3463398)   #88
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think there is a good chance of the race going ahead without any rain, it seems from the predicted track of the typhoon it wont really affect the area until Sunday night/Monday.

Interested to see how far up the GTE field an AM car can finish.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3463402)   #89
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the qualifying results, the Astons need pegging back IMO.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3463405)   #90
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I'm rather annoyed that Motors aren't showing whole race.
The situation is a bit annoying. It's a toss-up for Motors in terms of what they show. Can't blame them for airing Bathurst, even though a fair few will watch/record it on BT Sport in HD. I know I will be.

Eurosport could have shown near enough five hours of it before they ran into scheduling issues on both channels. They can't flick the WTCC (which they promote) and I'd assume more people would watch the cycling (which is one of their programming cornerstones).
Old 11 Oct 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3463407)   #91
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The situation is a bit annoying. It's a toss-up for Motors in terms of what they show. Can't blame them for airing Bathurst, even though a fair few will watch/record it on BT Sport in HD. I know I will be.

Eurosport could have shown near enough five hours of it before they ran into scheduling issues on both channels. They can't flick the WTCC (which they promote) and I'd assume more people would watch the cycling (which is one of their programming cornerstones).

They could delay showing the karting on Motors.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3463409)   #92
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
They could delay showing the karting on Motors.
So they can show the whole race as-live? We're lucky it's not being chopped up more I reckon.

The damage is already done IMO once it's not live. You can't use T&S, discuss the race in real-time and just knowing it's not live makes it less special for me.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3463411)   #93
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Hopefully it won't take long for the whole race to appear elsewhere.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3463417)   #94
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully it won't take long for the whole race to appear elsewhere.
It'll probably be on youtube tomorrow, there's a russian guy who uploads all the races.
He has already uploaded the qualifying session in case anyone missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W59MC...78ldgqnltaJlZQ
Old 11 Oct 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3463418)   #95
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Im looking around to see if theres a(n unofficial) stream. I too, have no credit card. And no computer. If I could watch it on my ps3, Id pay for it through the credits, but they haven't gone that far. I tried to do the credit card trick, but it doesnt work on my phone. So what do you all suggest? Even vipbox doesnt have it.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3463419)   #96
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fuji

Yeah as a drivers dad I need to know how he's doing...so it's frustrating it's not live!

And the time screen is so lame...compared to what I'm used to with SKY F1 and the official F1 live timing, which shows every sector as it happens.

Sports Car racing deserves better coverage...it's far superior to F1 in everyway!
Old 11 Oct 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3463421)   #97
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
It'll probably be on youtube tomorrow, there's a russian guy who uploads all the races.
He has already uploaded the qualifying session in case anyone missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W59MC...78ldgqnltaJlZQ

Yeah, I found that channel after the COTA race.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3463427)   #98
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very unfortunate the lack of Eurosport coverage. Not gonna pay for one race at fiawec.com and not gonna buy a season pass anymore, so gotta check if there are free streams. If not, then NASCAR and Bathurst are my Plan B.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3463428)   #99
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankfile View Post
I would pay if I could, since I don't have a credit card I can't.
If only there was a paypal option....
I used a credit card but you can pay with paypal IIRC.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3463429)   #100
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche 919 is super fast look this video on the 59 seconds mark

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27...p_auto?start=0

How do I post an image??????