Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jul 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3754879)   #101
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob - Not sure I'll be around for the BBQ as I may need to leave early tmw.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3754944)   #102
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Anyone knows what kind of Capris are in the Supertourisme grid? Chunterer or Mike? Is it made to have enough cars? At least you have 2 Froggies driving! Caution, LHD…
At least one is a Group 2 'Cologne' (Zak Brown) not sure which of their Capris the Pochliol's are running (pres the UFO) then the Whittaker/Jordan car is the Spice G1.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3754964)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I was sent a rear view from a red one, looks better than new. Reg numbers end is 347 V. Dont you think they have to accept different cars to fill this particular grid?
Old 28 Jul 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3754966)   #104
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Percy if you can take he pictures till it lasts, thank you. Its a pure gem very well detailed. It will be fast too. One day or another…
Old 28 Jul 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3755027)   #105
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I was sent a rear view from a red one, looks better than new. Reg numbers end is 347 V. Dont you think they have to accept different cars to fill this particular grid?
It does seem to be a very broad selection. (No pun intended.)

(Lacks Lotus Cortinas though ....... )
Old 28 Jul 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3755063)   #106
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gerard, that is Robin Benn's Capri, competitor in Scottish Classic Sports & Saloons for many years ( & other fine races). Photos from previous events attached.
Attached Thumbnails
RB1.jpg   RB2.jpg   RB3.jpg  

Old 28 Jul 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3755083)   #107
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not confident that we will have good weather for the Marshals BBQ later, or indeed our qualifying! More annoying than the rain and showers is the constant strong wind.........

On a brighter note, bumped into chunterer this morning in the new paddock, and took delivery of Gerard's goodies for the raffle from Jean- Marc.

Thank you very much, Gerard!
Old 28 Jul 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3755098)   #108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Malcolm this is this one, you're perfectly right. My friend sent me a picture but honestly I was asking for a detailed view from the rear suspension because your regs differ from ours. From the air box, am I right to think its a Ric Wood engine with a 48 IDA carb? They have to accept different cars for this particular grid which is good so far.

Mike you're welcome, its a pleasure. We often complain, ask for many things, moan and worry about regulations and HTP's but if one day should the marshals be on strike what would we do then?
As to the strong wind, from a short talk with Jean Marc his tent was moved during the night, moved a heavy tool case which landed on the front wing… The paint job has been done carefully and he just changed the front turn signals from amber to white to have his car looking better on the pics. OK as a racing car it will probably suffer more attempts during its life. He would prefer mosquitos or champagne I bet!
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3755135)   #109
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Someone knows where live timing is available please? I'm right to find it was easier to follow Goodwood MM or not?
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3755137)   #110
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone knows where live timing is available please? I'm right to find it was easier to follow Goodwood MM or not?
You'll find it on Mst live timing.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3755139)   #111
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yop just got it. Vielen danke!
Old 28 Jul 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3755161)   #112
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I guess delta has some technical issues. My friend's mate Jeremy is really fast, 10 th overall with a steel/steel E sounds good (2'30"239, pole is 2'25"379).
Old 28 Jul 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3755181)   #113
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not confident that we will have good weather for the Marshals BBQ later, or indeed our qualifying! More annoying than the rain and showers is the constant strong wind.........

On a brighter note, bumped into chunterer this morning in the new paddock, and took delivery of Gerard's goodies for the raffle from Jean- Marc.

Thank you very much, Gerard!
Good to see you to Mike!
I think, yourself, Steve and I all agreed about 'professionalism' taking over historic racing!

How did you get on this evening?
Old 28 Jul 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3755222)   #114
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Good to see you to Mike!
I think, yourself, Steve and I all agreed about 'professionalism' taking over historic racing!

How did you get on this evening?
I probably sound like a worn out record, James!

Qualifying was completed before the rain came. Ironically we were hoping for wet so we could scrub some tyres without over stressing them! As it was, we each did 3 steady laps and were careful not to push too hard. Worked! The E Type is heavy and only runs 6.0x15 tyres, so is capable of destroying them quite quickly.....

I saw the Merkur, looked OK. Nice to see something other than another Cossie... How did you feel about the later Tourers in the session?

Bootleg Beatles now playing, but time for bed......
Old 28 Jul 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3755235)   #115
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the story behind the BMW 1-Series out with the Super Touring cars at Silverstone? Not on the entry list and looks very odd...

Go to 2.30 in this video.

https://www.facebook.com/amspeedraci...type=2&theater
Old 29 Jul 2017, 06:03 (Ref:3755280)   #116
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Managed to visit both pits and watch/shoot most of the afternoon equally. The garage access for the punters is still very good
Only downside to the event has been the weather and today's forecast is not good after lunch.
I may well be taking photos from a grandstand
Old 29 Jul 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3755304)   #117
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike please what is you race # I think it will be easier to spot your car during the race if you're entering the Challenge!
Old 29 Jul 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3755361)   #118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Mike please what is you race # I think it will be easier to spot your car during the race if you're entering the Challenge!
#64, Gerard. One of the slower E Types..... (when I'm in it, anyway!) Must say that it's great to have all that torque!
Old 29 Jul 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3755399)   #119
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks, Mike, will have a look for sure. Jean Marc says he's totally lost and unable to memorize the track atm. He has a huge experience of 911 in 2 litre form so power and torque are surprisingly high. Not the same with the braking in-abilities though…
Old 29 Jul 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3755412)   #120
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Does anyone know the story behind the BMW 1-Series out with the Super Touring cars at Silverstone? Not on the entry list and looks very odd...
Lindsay O'Donnell was due to race is Volvo S40, having shipped it from New Zealand, however he had an engine failure in testing on Thursday. The red 1-series is an endurance spec machine he bought from Luxembourg a few weeks ago. That will be returning to NZ with him to be run in the local South Island Endurance Series.

Although very much outside the normal entry, the series allowed him to run it. Having traveled all that way and gone to that much trouble, just to run a couple of laps testing, it seemed the right thing to do.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3755413)   #121
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Lindsay O'Donnell was due to race is Volvo S40, having shipped it from New Zealand, however he had an engine failure in testing on Thursday. The red 1-series is an endurance spec machine he bought from Luxembourg a few weeks ago. That will be returning to NZ with him to be run in the local South Island Endurance Series.

Although very much outside the normal entry, the series allowed him to run it. Having traveled all that way and gone to that much trouble, just to run a couple of laps testing, it seemed the right thing to do.
Interesting, I tallied up the race numbers and assumed it was linked to O'Donnell. Thanks!
Old 29 Jul 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3755426)   #122
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And they say "sport" is lacking from top line racing these days. Tremendous!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Jul 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3755558)   #123
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had a great race in the Assagai. There is a lot of people here . Been a great event so far . Weather gloomy but feels good atmosphere.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 05:28 (Ref:3755805)   #124
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Rain was lashing down on the Delta roof last night . The sun is breaking through Now whilst having our early morning tea .if anyone was holding out for weather report . Just waiting to see if hot air balloons are coming over
Old 30 Jul 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3755851)   #125
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its said to be partly cloudy, no rain, temps as low as 14° C "increasing" up to 17° C, wind around 40/ 50 kph for the Challenge race. Good for the carbs!