Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Aug 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1370507)   #1
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTCC, 2006, Rumours, news, dates etc

or where should go. I read today on italiaracing.net that provisional schedule for 2006 could have 12 races, new tracks could be Helsinki (urban), Curitiba (according Spanish press) and one in Japan (Fuji?). The two American races would be Curitiba and Puebla and both in two straight weekends. WTCC in 1987 had 11 races (Europe and Australia, +1 in Japan), now surely 12. Comments? other possible countries to go? It isn´t an easy question thinking there are few S2000s out of Europe...
Old 2 Aug 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1370525)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, Jonathan Palmer's trying to get Brands Hatch a race. I assume that's by poaching the Silverstone round though (which would be great!). {me steal news from TTT}

Expanding on World would be great...but big circuits don't suit S2000 cars too well. Maybe Adelaide if we had Australia would be good?
Old 3 Aug 2005, 02:56 (Ref:1370705)   #3
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which 2005 venue will be pull away from calander?
Old 3 Aug 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1370740)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa by the sounds of it will be dropped
Old 3 Aug 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1370813)   #5
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Well, Jonathan Palmer's trying to get Brands Hatch a race. I assume that's by poaching the Silverstone round though (which would be great!). {me steal news from TTT}

Expanding on World would be great...but big circuits don't suit S2000 cars too well. Maybe Adelaide if we had Australia would be good?
Brands Hatch would be more suitable than Silverstone for WTCC, it could be a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head
which 2005 venue will be pull away from calander?
Perhaps Imola or Monza (two races in Italy again?), Spa would be a surpirse for me (sounds? i thought that it happens just in Zandvoort ).
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1370888)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Spa by the sounds of it will be dropped
Pulling one of the best tracks off the schedule would be lunacy.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1370907)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spa is a very very long track, and let's face it the cars aren't the fastest about. Now that they won't run with the GT cars do we really need large open tracks any more ?

It doesn't really warrant the World name at the moment but more non European tracks would help.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1370979)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ditching Spa would be a very bad decision IMO. Yes the FIA GT championship and FIA WTCC are going their seperate ways generally but I woudnt be suprised to see the 2 series racing alongside one another on the odd ocassion. Remember, theres 100,000+ people at Spa for the Spa 24hrs, that ensures a big crowd both for the FIA GT championship and the FIA WTCC. IMO ditching the Spa 24hrs weekend woudnt be good business sense.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1370985)   #9
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how about doing an endurance touring car event ??? like the old days ???
Old 3 Aug 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1371213)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Spa is a very very long track, and let's face it the cars aren't the fastest about.
Uhm - so what? The racing was exciting and unpredictable, and the track itself is a rare gem in itself these days, with it's flowing high-speed sections, massive elevation changes and surrounding scenery.

Removing it from the schedule would be downright criminal.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1371218)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Ring would be great.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1371221)   #12
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The Ring would be great.
a single lap of the ring would be as long as most of the WTCC races.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1371234)   #13
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
how about doing an endurance touring car event ??? like the old days ???
Are people interested in endurance races for touring cars?

I would prefer longer races (40 min. for example) all meetings but not an endurance one...
Old 3 Aug 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1371235)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
The Ring would be great.
Indeed

But since that will never, ever happen, we'll have to stick to Spa which, in quite a few ways, is the closest a FIA sanctioned event will ever come to anything like the 'Ring.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1371243)   #15
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be cool if they travelled to the west coast of the US, say Portland. They would make an awesome support series/race for the F1 Grand Prix. Imagine the marketing linkup that Honda/BMW could do with having their F1/S2000 cars together.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 04:51 (Ref:1371597)   #16
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46

Perhaps Imola or Monza (two races in Italy again?), Spa would be a surpirse for me (sounds? i thought that it happens just in Zandvoort ).
That's true
and i think that Pubela's karting track should be dropped too.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1371685)   #17
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46

I would prefer longer races (40 min. for example) all meetings but not an endurance one...
I am

Problem is these days people seem to prefer crashing and bashing rather than strategy good driving.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1371710)   #18
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46

75km for each race is enough
Old 4 Aug 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1371728)   #19
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
I am

Problem is these days people seem to prefer crashing and bashing rather than strategy good driving.

me too .. but i think those endurace touring car races shouldn't be part of WTCC . maybe a different championship ..

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Aug 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1371806)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasud
a single lap of the ring would be as long as most of the WTCC races.
The German touring car championship (DPM) has a race (4 laps) on The Ring during the 24h weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head
That's true
and i think that Pubela's karting track should be dropped too.
No, it was a great race. Give these Mexicans another chance. Most European tracks are boring because of the F1 Maffia.

IMO An endurance race would be great, but I think it's not realistic. The current race length has to be increased.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1371854)   #21
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:

No, it was a great race. Give these Mexicans another chance. Most European tracks are boring because of the F1 Maffia.

IMO An endurance race would be great, but I think it's not realistic. The current race length has to be increased.
I am not mind they continue on another year if they tidy up the gravel and build a pit garage
Old 4 Aug 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1371926)   #22
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
I am

Maybe with other kind of rules i would like endurance races, but with S2000...they aren´t fast cars, in long races we would lose aggressive driving style also. Result: boring races. In my opinion Group A were perfect cars for endurance races, three divisions, very different and fast cars,.... i doubt how this could be copied by S2000. Ideas?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1372721)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
maybe here hopefully

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...05093258.shtml

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1372752)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Interesting article about the split between FIA GT and WTCC
Old 10 Aug 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1378845)   #25
Crowestar
Racer

Australia
Crowestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Mt Panorama? One of the worlds best racetracks that only gets used once a year.

Tags
wtcc