Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 5 Apr 2007, 05:29 (Ref:1883802)   #401
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As someone who has issued some scathing attacks on the BRSCC in the past, I would like to say that there is a lot of positive "engineering" going on behind the scenes.

They have a number of championships which have waned in terms of popularitiy, and they have to either encourage more competitors into them, or find new formulae that work for the BRSCC and can the dead or ailing ones.

The issue of BRSCC entry fee's vs other clubs is of small significance when you count the cost of running a car for a meeting, other than maybe one of the budget formulae where running costs can be very low.

I do agree that championships with small grids should face the axe sooner rather than later, and if it means cancelling a race meeting, then so be it. Sometimes the medicine has to be bitter.

Rockingham is a different kettle of fish. It's all done a different way. The BRSCC is learning about being a promotor, as well as a meeting organiser, since they get the gate money (as I understand it - Mr Miller will correct me if I'm wrong), and it's in their interest to fill the stands now.

That's the way it should be at all venues. If you pay the £20K or whatever for hiring the circuit, you should get the gate money. If extra staff are required because of higher crowd numbers, then that has to come out of the takings. Quite simple.

As Jim said, they've gone down some blind alleys in the past, which has cost the club a heck of a lot of money, and credibility.

I DO feel that they have to work hard on showing their members good value for money. Mr Brown is steering the good ship BRSCC away from the icebergs and it's just about answering the helm. I'm sure Don will agree with me about that.

Rob.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 08:37 (Ref:1883911)   #402
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel
Al, I think the only cheap racing to be found at Brands this year is with MSVR..
How about trying the Classic Sports Car Club (for their own series addmitedly - www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk):

Snetterton Entry - £265 for 40 min practice and 40 min race

Brands Hatch - £295 Ditto (£99 for the Formula Free single seater race)

Works out to be very competitive pricing on a £ per min basis.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 08:52 (Ref:1883929)   #403
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
The issue of BRSCC entry fee's vs other clubs is of small significance when you count the cost of running a car for a meeting, other than maybe one of the budget formulae where running costs can be very low.
Rob.
It does depend on the formula, of course, but the entry fees constitute nearly 50% of my expenditure on racing over a year and that includes (optionally) paying for a mechanic to help me out. Not exactly small significance and, whilst Monoposto and the CSCC are probably at the cheaper end of the market compared to some, and whilst some people will be paying out a lot more than me on tyres & testing etc they are not exactly budget series.

It can be relatively cheap to buy a car and consider racing but entry fees are a massive barrier to entry for many prospective racers.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 08:53 (Ref:1883931)   #404
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't help getting this feeling of de ja vu everytime I read one of your posts Andy. I sure hope you're getting well paid.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1883951)   #405
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I can't help getting this feeling of de ja vu everytime I read one of your posts Andy. I sure hope you're getting well paid.
Sorry if its getting boring Peter!! Can't help trying to promote the clubs that I am involved with. And I am not getting paid!!! The more people that get involved then, hopefully, the more people there will be to share the costs around and thus lower entry fees for all!!
Old 5 Apr 2007, 14:04 (Ref:1884161)   #406
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
How about trying the Classic Sports Car Club (for their own series addmitedly - www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk):

But those races are being subsidised by other race series that share the CSCC meetings.
Snetterton entry £285 for two 15 minute races and 15 minute practice. Brands Hatch is the same, so they're not any cheaper unless you are a CSCC entrant doing their races.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 14:28 (Ref:1884181)   #407
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
But; to suggest that the BRSCC has not been a continuing source of support for club racing is to ignore all the effort which people (almost all unpaid) have expended.
but what of the ones who have been paid are there too many of them taking too much perhaps? The BRSCC seems to do things for the BRSCC not for the good of the sport.

Quote:
They have a number of championships which have waned in terms of popularitiy, and they have to either encourage more competitors into them, or find new formulae that work for the BRSCC and can the dead or ailing ones.
then can them now

Quote:
The club has had several initiatives go financially wrong for a variety of reasons.
Poor management being the primary one I feel, should a lot of cash be risked on new and unproven initiatives and what were they - the Focus cup? CruiseSport - lets not forget the government grant...

Quote:
I would like to say that there is a lot of positive "engineering" going on behind the scenes.
Love to know what exactly

I'm sure Birley will be along soon to point out how cheap BARC SE races there are (and no registration fee - or club membership required)
Old 5 Apr 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1884248)   #408
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
But those races are being subsidised by other race series that share the CSCC meetings.
Snetterton entry £285 for two 15 minute races and 15 minute practice. Brands Hatch is the same, so they're not any cheaper unless you are a CSCC entrant doing their races.
Yep. So the answer is......join the CSCC and race in one of their 3 series!!!!!

Also plans for a "future classics" series later this year, so there should be something for most people.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1884256)   #409
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If everyone does that, there won't be as much space for money-spinning guest races, so entry fees will have to rise!
Old 5 Apr 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1884280)   #410
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BRSCC meeting next Saturday has over 155 entries for 6 series

LMA Euro Saloons has 34, and the Porsches 48 alone, the FFNW has 44.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 18:00 (Ref:1884323)   #411
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Also plans for a "future classics" series later this year, so there should be something for most people.
So what happens when everyone joins the CSCC and there are no other race slots available to subsidise the Tin Tops and Swinginging 60s series? The prices will go up to the current levels.
The other problem with your thinking is that not everyone has a car that is eligable to join you, I certainly don't.
Edited: I just noticed Ian's post along the same lines, sorry.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1884377)   #412
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Trouble is andy I dont want to do 40 minute races, I'm too old and so is me car, the 10 laps are fine for me I just don't like the £200 they want to do them IMO it is just too much, will they not be happy till we all are forced to pack it in?
Old 5 Apr 2007, 19:32 (Ref:1884389)   #413
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can the 750MC still charge only £140 (at most venues) for 10 lap races when other clubs have to charge £190 plus??
Old 5 Apr 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1884392)   #414
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok Sam, BARC south east charge £135 for two races at Lydden. Other venues vary but generally its about £175, again for two races.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 22:43 (Ref:1884504)   #415
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So I think we have established that the BRSCC costs more - but not established why? BARC can do it cheaper, 750, CSCC, but why not BRSCC???

Series with twin races are best value... A Vee double header is 4 races for the price that you would get 1 with the BRSCC...

Why is it these questions never get answered. I'd be amazed if this had not been read by the likes of Bernie Cottrell by now so why won't they respond?
Old 6 Apr 2007, 06:16 (Ref:1884655)   #416
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BRSCC's website is the prettiest?
Old 6 Apr 2007, 08:16 (Ref:1884714)   #417
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
So what happens when everyone joins the CSCC and there are no other race slots available to subsidise the Tin Tops and Swinginging 60s series? The prices will go up to the current levels.
It makes no difference if everyone joins the CSCC Series - the races are the same length and we still have room for our guest races (which actually don't subsidise our own series - our own series make enough with current and future expected grid levels)

Looking forward to Snett on 21/22nd - entries flowing in nicely!

Edited to tidy the quote tags up. falcemob

Last edited by Tim Falce; 6 Apr 2007 at 10:16.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1898053)   #418
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueWench
Looking forward to Snett on 21/22nd - entries flowing in nicely!

and what a great weekend it was too!