Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 10 Dec 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1786590)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Tin Tops, I'm confused?

There seems to be two different championships called TinTops, its very confusing, one ran by yourselfves and the other by the Classic Sports Car Club. Theirs has a ceiling of 2000cc but I see from the BARCSE newsletter yours is unlimited. Would it not be a good idea to call yous something else as when looking for possible places to run my car I dismissed your series thinking it was pegged at 2000cc, which apparently its not.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1786613)   #2
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
South-East Tin Tops ???
Old 10 Dec 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1786676)   #3
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
south east tin tops sounds good. Hopefully we will have a challenge with the CSCC tin tops at Brands in May, and a return at Lydden.
Must appologise to Tim (Falcemob), bit of a wind up yesterday on entry fees. Eric reckoned you looked too happy. Glad you navigated him in the right direction, although how did you find your way out (no signs for the Blackwall tunnel). Hope you do race with us next year Tim.
P.S. Where did Mr.Pipe leave those chocolates (not in Bill's Mini?).
Old 10 Dec 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1787049)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Maybe jonhill means the proper tin top series (CSCC). I think you need to rename or add something to your tintops so we don't all get confused.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1787054)   #5
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not call ours the proper Tin Tops!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 10 Dec 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1787061)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
Why not call ours the proper Tin Tops!
Or even the Pretend Tin Tops
Old 10 Dec 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1787091)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fair enough re the tin tops and promoting. If you can do it for 5k as per the sign on the mini, not bad at all. And always good to have a car on the stand as well so was good to see that!

Was there any DTRC literature floating about? Didn't look for it too hard so may just have simply missed it. Tried to be organised and renew 750MC membership but apparently I don't need to yet as membership is valid for a year whenever I last did it! Oops....!

Know I don't have as much involvement in it as others, but even I do find the tin tops thing confusing I'm afraid!
Old 10 Dec 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1787092)   #8
jonhill
Rookie

jonhill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

yeah, the "tin top" series requires standard induction which is a killer for a piddly little in-line 4, 20 year old 8v engine
Old 11 Dec 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1788084)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I think it was written somewhere on here but I can't find now, how much is the registration for the tintops and would I have to join the BARC as well?
Old 11 Dec 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1788086)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I am aware there will be no registration fee for the tin-tops, but I will check!

And no, as long as you are a member of a MSA recognised club thats ok (I assume your a member of 750mc as you race with them so your fine)!
Old 11 Dec 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1788089)   #11
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
I think it was written somewhere on here but I can't find now, how much is the registration for the tintops and would I have to join the BARC as well?
But would you race a Ford,or a lightweight Land Rover disco?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11 Dec 2006, 19:47 (Ref:1788252)   #12
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the feeder Tin Tops series can change its name to TTs or Southern TTs or Southern Tin Tops.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1788307)   #13
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera
Perhaps the feeder Tin Tops series can change its name to TTs or Southern TTs or Southern Tin Tops.
How about Birleys little Birpers!
After all it is Rods brain child.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1788368)   #14
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
I think southern (or south eastern) tin tops. After all they will be close to the CSCC version, and we are hoping to have a couple of challenge races.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1788377)   #15
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
South Eastern Tin Tops is a bit of a mouthfull,in my opinion SE Tin Tops is the one to go for.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1788806)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
How long will the tin top races be, sprints as in the DTRC or 15minutes or more?
Old 12 Dec 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1788816)   #17
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Because the points scoring has slightly changed (i.e. the same points will be scored for both DT&R races at a meeting, instead of half points for first race), both DT&R races will be the same length. It is therefore likely that (where possible) the S/E tin tops will have equal length races. For instance at Lydden it could be 15 laps or 15 minutes each.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1789043)   #18
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First i vote for Southern Tin tops, it has a nice ring to it.
Second is the Rockingham "Tins" round a support for the scca cars?
and third i cant wait! big well done Mr Birley for this stormer of an idea for little ol club racers like me.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1789078)   #19
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424
First i vote for Southern Tin tops, it has a nice ring to it.
Second is the Rockingham "Tins" round a support for the scca cars?
and third i cant wait! big well done Mr Birley for this stormer of an idea for little ol club racers like me.
And me,us racers who havent raced for so many years need to have a nice little Tin Top race to help us into the sport!
Old 12 Dec 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1789198)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Are you allowing aftermarket turbos in BARC SE TT's then?
Old 12 Dec 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1789214)   #21
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not very good on the technical side of things so will let the boys deal with the turbos question!
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:05 (Ref:1789463)   #22
MrNacNac
Rookie

MrNacNac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im considering either SE Tin Tops or Stockhatch for my XR2 for next year. Will need to work out which is going to be cheapest and if i'd have a hope in hell of winning anything in tintops.

Will probably do a few of the PPC sprints again too.

Old 13 Dec 2006, 17:31 (Ref:1789975)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Are there any regs for the Tin Tops anywhere?
Old 13 Dec 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1789983)   #24
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
They're currently being finalised. They will be available soon!
Old 13 Dec 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1790061)   #25
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a bit confused about 1a and 1b tyres in tin tops.
My mini 1380cc runs on 032r yokos.
It that going to be ok if not im going going to have to shell out alot on tyres!