Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2007, 10:15 (Ref:1870010)   #1
Paulc
Rookie

Paulc has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Flavio critical of Kovalainen

Kovalainen seems to have a problem with F1 cars,from heavy shunts in testing to not having complete control of his car for most of the race in Oz,Flavio was quoted as saying the he wandered weither it was Kovalainen"brother who turned up for the race",Flav doesent mix his words and good for him after the money,pampering and commitment the teams give to there drivers.Come on fella all you need to do is turn up and give it 100% if you cant do that try digging holes for a living
Old 18 Mar 2007, 10:25 (Ref:1870019)   #2
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was his first race in difficult cirumstances after Friday, give him a break.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1870025)   #3
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton did so well it makes Kovalainen look bad but it was his first race so I think give him time...Flavio is always talking he's either excited or trying to rev his drivers up, id be more critical of Fisi, he has big boots to step into now...
Old 18 Mar 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1870032)   #4
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be a result of Fisi not being that highly rated to begin with. Flavio must feel that if Asloso was there they would have been higher. So in his mind he has one driver that is past it and one that is even slower.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 11:01 (Ref:1870034)   #5
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harsh words, there Flavio. He really must be missing Fernando. However, I don't think this year's Renault is as good a package as it has been in the past.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1870035)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I feel some criticsm of Kovalainen was justified by his employer. That said without reading any direct quotes from Briatore, I would suggest that it was harsly put given it was Kovalainen's first F1 race.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1870057)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heikki didn't do as well as I had hoped for his first race (and he has experience from testing last year), and the Renault team overall didn't either, but it was only the guy's first race and do agree Flavio's words were a little harsh. Over the course of the season I'm sure he'll improve.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1870060)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
If he doesn't get a move on,a certain Piquet Jr will only be too happy to take his place.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 11:34 (Ref:1870074)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny you say that...before the race I was thinking that too but wondering if it would be Fisichella Piquet could replace! Flavio's a funny chap, would hope he'll give Heikki the benefit of the doubt and let him settle into a race role.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 11:38 (Ref:1870077)   #10
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, but I don't understand Flavio's criticism. It was Kovalainen's first race. What could you expect? For a new driver he did, despite of his mistakes, a reasonable job.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 11:39 (Ref:1870079)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Poor race from Heikki, but the lack of track time he got on Friday didn't help his cause. Plenty of time for things to improve, and Lewis' storming debut makes things look worse than they are.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 12:27 (Ref:1870122)   #12
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The trouble is F1 is an un-forgiving sport and Flav is a tough boss.

I feel for Heikki - it must be great to get an F1 seat but the timing and team is not great.

There goes Alonso with two WDC under his belt and the team at the top then look at this season - off the pace and Fisi, who I like, but who does not have the mental strength IMO to lead the team.

Could just be me, but I think Renault could be out of contention for both titles all too soon - which won't be good for GF or HK.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 12:49 (Ref:1870150)   #13
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, first race maybe, but the amount of experiance hes had driving f1 cars is much more than say hamilton. i think it was wuite a poor job considering the amount of mistakes he made. its like the torro rossos last year, do they really deserve to be there? i personally think the seat would be better sutied to piquet. you cant make that many mistakes in f1, and if he continues he will be out very soon.

lets hope he can pull it together for the next few races. fisi did quite a good job today, solid finish, we all know the renault isnt as good, especially without alonso.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1870156)   #14
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would Piquet do any better? I think Kovalianen is a good driver and deserves his place. He will prove himself.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1870160)   #15
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Why would Piquet do any better? I think Kovalianen is a good driver and deserves his place. He will prove himself.
from what ive seen of piquet he seems the natural talent to come in and do a better job. only my opinion. i just think heikki made so many mistakes, and i think flav knows it all to well. i hope he does improve however. we will see next race.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1870165)   #16
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't believe we're talking about HK like this.

On my first day in my current job, I had trouble locating the toilets, coffee machine and getting an outisde line on the phone, let alone achieiving something constructive - at least he did end up fiddling with his ear and crashing into the wall!

Give it five races and if he's still down there then it will be time to sit in Flav's nice big arm chair at Enstone.

Do you know, I once touched the arm of that very chair - I tell you I felt like offering my resignation and I didn't even work for them!
Old 18 Mar 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1870179)   #17
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarce
I agree, and from what I've seen from Piquet is that if the chips are down like they possibly could be, he will let his head go down. He is still a little inconsistant too.

I'm not saying he isn't good, he has great potential in fact, but I don't think he is ready yet.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1870183)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

On my first day in my current job, I had trouble locating the toilets, coffee machine and getting an outisde line on the phone, let alone achieiving something constructive - at least he did end up fiddling with his ear and crashing into the wall!
Heikki's office may be a little bit small and cramped,but he should be familiar with it by now.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1870197)   #19
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't put down Kovalainen - let's give him a credit.

Kubica did make a fwe mistakes in his first race too, however, there were more difficult conditions.

But let's wait and see.

Heikki's problem is that Lewis has done a great job, and it is really lots of pressure on Heikki now - I hope he will reamin strong and manage to improve.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1870206)   #20
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:

Give it five races and if he's still down there then it will be time to sit in Flav's nice big arm chair at Enstone.

Do you know, I once touched the arm of that very chair - I tell you I felt like offering my resignation and I didn't even work for them!
disagree. hes been in training in his office in testing long enough to be able to keep it on the road. a few mistakes is expected, but he made so many it was un real. he needs to pull himself together if he wants to stay. however i think he will.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 13:56 (Ref:1870211)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, he was absolutely rubbish.

Apparently he was testing a full year last season and "learning from the best" in Fernando.

I can only assume someone else was driving the car because I felt embarrassed watching that.

Davidson and Hamilton didn't seem to struggle too much on their debuts (Lewis has had rather less seat time incidentally, Davidson had a broken back and destroyed car). Rosberg had a great debut a year ago (easier track admittedly).

I really, really hope he improves because he is making Fisi look competent.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1870214)   #22
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well, he was absolutely rubbish.

Apparently he was testing a full year last season and "learning from the best" in Fernando.

I can only assume someone else was driving the car because I felt embarrassed watching that.

Davidson and Hamilton didn't seem to struggle too much on their debuts (Lewis has had rather less seat time incidentally, Davidson had a broken back and destroyed car). Rosberg had a great debut a year ago (easier track admittedly).

I really, really hope he improves because he is making Fisi look competent.
yes i even thought fisi did well today until i realised how bad HK did
Old 18 Mar 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1870217)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Fisi drove well in fairness. He held off a Ferrari!
Old 18 Mar 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1870220)   #24
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well, Fisi drove well in fairness. He held off a Ferrari!
hard to overtake

probably the best hes drove in a while, only because fernando isnt there to show him the way. made himself look alot better by the fact HK was off every lap.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 14:24 (Ref:1870233)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Very harsh words from Flavio...