Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Jul 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1969743)   #1
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Abbie44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saxmax gone dry?

Last year SAXMAX got promoted a great deal! The website was regularly updated & SAXMAX appeared at many shows. Last year they had driver of the day awards etc..

SAXMAX is the only junior class not to have champagne and a podium.

This year, the advertisment isnt good, (is there actually any going on!?)
Its as though 750 mc dont want any more cars competeing in the championship.
I dont see why, because out of t-cars, ginettas and saxmax, saxmax is the most closely competative one!

We only get 1 hour to practice before the race.

Green flag laps, im sorry but we should always have them.
They wonder why there was an incident on the hairpin at pembrey first corner.- no green flag lap.

Its as though no one can be bothered with saxmax anymore.

Of course we cant always have what we want and i do appreciate that, but it would be nice to have saxmax supported a bit more.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:20 (Ref:1970153)   #2
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm... Maybe I'm a bit out of touch with my circuit racing at the moment but i thought green flag laps went out with the "racing ahead!" program back in the '90s. We certainly didn't get them in Mod Ford from what i remember and I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't get them in Stock Hatch now. I also think an hour is a very reasonable amount of practice time. I think the most i have ever had was 20 minutes. I dont think Mr Knight and the 750 club has forgotten you and, who knows, if there is no Hot Hatch championship next year, you may be getting even more track time!
Old 22 Jul 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1970213)   #3
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was marshalling at Donington Park in April or May this year at the 750MC meeting and the SAXMAXs were there then.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 19:43 (Ref:1970441)   #4
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88
Hmmm... Maybe I'm a bit out of touch with my circuit racing at the moment but i thought green flag laps went out with the "racing ahead!" program back in the '90s. We certainly didn't get them in Mod Ford from what i remember and I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't get them in Stock Hatch now. I also think an hour is a very reasonable amount of practice time. I think the most i have ever had was 20 minutes. I dont think Mr Knight and the 750 club has forgotten you and, who knows, if there is no Hot Hatch championship next year, you may be getting even more track time!
I think i might have set it out a bit wrong,
what we're meaning to get at is the fact that last year the organisers etc made such a big deal about saxmax, making sure it was promoted etc and made an effort i.e the driver of the day. But now its just like, arrive, drive, crash, (because thats what saxmax do apparently) get trophy, walk away, go home. Whereas in ginettas and t-cars for example, there is champagne and a podium. Also, the website has not been updated since last year. Isn't that saying something?

And the practice before, i'm meaning that we're paying the same, for one hour testing yet stock hatch etc pay the same and get more track time!

I just feel they're not taking advantage of the amount of competitors in the championship, and the amount of competitiveness between everyone. They could have tv coverage on it, as the t-cars do. Baring in mind the t-cars have 10 cars?
Old 22 Jul 2007, 19:46 (Ref:1970444)   #5
McKendrick
Rookie

England
London
McKendrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750MC dont seem to have podiums for any of the races at some of the meetings!! If you want more track time go testing!!!
Old 22 Jul 2007, 19:50 (Ref:1970447)   #6
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKendrick
750MC dont seem to have podiums for any of the races at some of the meetings!! If you want more track time go testing!!!
If only it were that easy but we are only allowed to test on trackdays, not general test days, also only 2 trackday companies allow us to test. We also have to have an ARDS instructor in with us when we go testing, so it is quite complicated and very expensive.

(may i just say in reply to someone in another thread as they might be reading this... we are not racing due to having "super rich daddies")
Old 22 Jul 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1970457)   #7
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
The T-Cars pay for the priviledge of being televised. Your series organisers wouldn't make you do that because it is not in the interests of the series. Not many race series do the podium thing either. I also thought Stock Hatch have 15 minutes for practice but i might be wrong.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1970463)   #8
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Quote:
The T-Cars pay for the priviledge of being televised. Your series organisers wouldn't make you do that because it is not in the interests of the series. Not many race series do the podium thing either. I also thought Stock Hatch have 15 minutes for practice but i might be wrong.
I'm meaning the practice before the meeting, (on the friday prior).

All i'm saying is that its changed a heck of a lot from last year!

Last edited by Abbie44; 22 Jul 2007 at 20:07.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1970469)   #9
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abbie, maybe the ones organising Saxmax have what they wanted: a full field of sold / rented out cars and the cash that goes with it.
Why bother more then?

Btw, I like Saxmax and the idea behind it, even if I'm "against" drivers getting younger and younger every time in some race series, like Formula Renault.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:12 (Ref:1970472)   #10
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Sorry, i didn't understand what you ment by practice. You should take that up with Robin though i'm sure he has a good reason. I can't think what though! Did you have a podium last year?
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1970475)   #11
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Abbie, maybe the ones organising Saxmax have what they wanted: a full field of sold / rented out cars and the cash that goes with it.
Why bother more then?

Btw, I like Saxmax and the idea behind it, even if I'm "against" drivers getting younger and younger every time in some race series, like Formula Renault.
Hmm Yeah i see what you mean, but next year many of the drivers are too old to race. And if they haven't promoted it this year, then the grids may go down?
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1970478)   #12
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Quote:
Sorry, i didn't understand what you ment by practice. You should take that up with Robin though i'm sure he has a good reason. I can't think what though! Did you have a podium last year?
Erm not that im aware of, i've only just started in cars this year you see
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1970483)   #13
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But that is the nice thing, a full field of (cheap-ish) cars for youngster will always get new people in, as the series sort of promotes itself during the season. Parents find the organisers to talk about the next season.
I used to be involved in the German Toyota Yaris Cup for 6 years, you'd be amazed how many people talked to us to secure a place for the following year.
I bet the organisers have already half of the field full for next year.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1970493)   #14
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Well, congratulations on starting! I trust your enjoying it and wish you every success! The other jnr formulas have podiums and TV to try and justify the extortionate amounts of money they charge to race in their respective series. The Saxmax championship is all about the racing. As are all the 750mc championships. There is no excuse for letting the website slip but again, you need to talk to whoever is in charge. I am confident the 750mc will always make sure you have big grids and will promote the championship where they see fit, and in the most cost effective way. They are good at that!
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:39 (Ref:1970503)   #15
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Quote:
Well, congratulations on starting! I trust your enjoying it and wish you every success! The other jnr formulas have podiums and TV to try and justify the extortionate amounts of money they charge to race in their respective series. The Saxmax championship is all about the racing. As are all the 750mc championships. There is no excuse for letting the website slip but again, you need to talk to whoever is in charge. I am confident the 750mc will always make sure you have big grids and will promote the championship where they see fit, and in the most cost effective way. They are good at that!
Yeah i hope so too! Im sure by the end of this season they will have got back to how they were. Its just frustrating as i'm sure you understand! i must say, your v8 is extremely nice! My dad raced in eurocar if you remember that?
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1970512)   #16
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Yeah i remember Eurocar! lol! I know its frustrating but, I promise, your time in Saxmax will fly by! Then you will be in a senior formula with your whole life ahead of you... And you will spend most of it, on here with the rest of us, moaning about how the rest of motor racing is run!

Welcome to the club Abbie44!

Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1970518)   #17
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Haha! I'll look forward to it ! xxx
Old 23 Jul 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1970859)   #18
McKendrick
Rookie

England
London
McKendrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie44
If only it were that easy but we are only allowed to test on trackdays, not general test days, also only 2 trackday companies allow us to test. We also have to have an ARDS instructor in with us when we go testing, so it is quite complicated and very expensive.

(may i just say in reply to someone in another thread as they might be reading this... we are not racing due to having "super rich daddies")
Thats a slight problem then. The friday before a meeting is usually very busy anyway as every one needs some running. Im sure the drivers I run would love more track time as well!! Maybe they only give you an hour as they expect you all to be at school.

You might not have super rich daddies, but they are defo richer than mine!! Wish id had the opportunity to do something like saxmax when I was that age!!