Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: With online polls, do u always pick the crazy's answer just to mess with their polls?
Yes. 0 0%
No. 0 0%
Purple monkey dishwasher. 7 100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Mar 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2653621)   #1
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
richie17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iRace Round 2 Morgan Park 20-21 March

I will be heading out to Morgan Park this weekend to catch all the action. I will also be looking forward to seeing what the new track extensions looks like.
Does anyone know if it's race ready? By the way if you see me, a big giant (I will be the tallest person there) with a beard, come over and say G'day.

News here, schedule here (PDF) and iRace App for your iPhone or iPod Touch here.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 22:42 (Ref:2653813)   #2
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that is me every time

The track extensions at Morgan Park are looking terrific, the intention is to have them ready for either the August CAMS Shannons Nationals Round or the following September Multi-Club event.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2653913)   #3
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie17 View Post
I will be heading out to Morgan Park this weekend to catch all the action. I will also be looking forward to seeing what the new track extensions looks like.
Does anyone know if it's race ready? By the way if you see me, a big giant (I will be the tallest person there) with a beard, come over and say G'day.

News here, schedule here (PDF) and iRace App for your iPhone or iPod Touch here.
Richie: I was only just there last weekend. Don't have any duties, haven't been contacted for commentary work and don't have a media client. With what's going on I could use a weekend at home. Like to go, but the timing sucks.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 03:28 (Ref:2653921)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't mind having a look, but Morgan Park is 2 1/2 hours from my house and Lakeside is only 5 minutes, so i'll probably head up there for a look, unless i spend the whole weekend working on my car.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:00 (Ref:2653960)   #5
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I wouldn't mind having a look, but Morgan Park is 2 1/2 hours from my house and Lakeside is only 5 minutes, so i'll probably head up there for a look, unless i spend the whole weekend working on my car.
Is the big Lakeside historic meet this weekend? That'll seal my weekend lans then.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:04 (Ref:2653961)   #6
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morgan Park extensions look absolutely fantastic. Tarmac is down but weather of late has prevented work on the kerbing.

On the positive side the wet weather has meant any working bee's have focused on bundling the tyres together that will be needed to ensure safety certification. Ten thousand car tyres bolted together in bunches of 5 for the end of the new back section and at the run-off for turn one (speed rating going up 30-35 kph).

If you made prison chain gangs do this it would be called a cruel and unusual punishment...but don't let that stop you volunteering to help if you're a Sth East Qld car club member and want to try the new track sooner than later. Porsche guys will be sweating it out there on Saturday April 24th. The more the merrier.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2653983)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Is the big Lakeside historic meet this weekend? That'll seal my weekend lans then.
I don't know if i'd call it a big historic meet, but there are 5 grids and HRCC have bought all of them.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 05:50 (Ref:2658377)   #8
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
It was another action pack weekend with some great racing which I thoroughly enjoyed! (Except for the part where I turned myself into a big beetroot.)
Some onboard videos can be found here.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2665271)   #9
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
For those who are interested the TV times for this round are SBS Speedweek Sunday 4 April at 1pm and Fox Sports 3 InsideSpeed Wednesday 7 April at 10pm.