Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 20 Oct 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3466811)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 FR3.5 silly season

Well, I thought we'd talk about all of the potential/confirmed driver signings for next season in one place.

de Vries has been signed by DAMS. As I posted on the "next big thing" thread, surely that's a recipe for success.

Although Autosport are reporting that a certain Stoffel Vandoorne may take a seat at that team. An all-McLaren junior pairing? Will de Vries be able to keep up? How much will he learn from imo the best prospect outside of Formula 1? Or will it even happen?

That's the nature of the silly season!
Old 20 Oct 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3466827)   #2
kotkot
Racer

Hungary
Budapest
kotkot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure Vandoorne would switch to the GP2 squad of DAMS.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3466870)   #3
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gasly won't comeback in 3.5 series next year.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3467181)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Presuming it's a french talent in the other DAMS and not Nato then maybe Vaxviere?

That would be a tasty line up!
Old 22 Oct 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3467323)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
List of drivers

de Vries confirmed at DAMS
Tunjo apparently confirmed at Pons...

Those likely to be back:
Rowland (won't have the funding for GP2)
Vaxviere
Ghiotto
Visser
Stockinger
Laine
Van Buuren
Amberg
Mavlanov
Nato (might slip off to sportscars as what else can he do if he can't win with DAMS?)
Fantin
Jafaar

Part season guys from this year:
Latifi
Ocon

Newcomers?
Cao
Blomqvist
Rosenqvist
King
Auer
Fuoco
Seralles
Giovanazzi
Visiou
Fontana
Old 22 Oct 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3467358)   #6
kotkot
Racer

Hungary
Budapest
+ The new Eurocup crop, of course. Olsen, Pizzitola, Bonifacio, Orudzhev and others have tested yesterday, Olsen, Pizzitola or Orudzhev could easily snatch top seats, while I can see Bonifacio in Draco, since the team has Brazilian leadership.

Looking forward to see Strakka's lineup, they have established quite a system, from karting to Formula Renault and sports cars. Should they pick British drivers as usual, King, Parry, Stoneman or Aitken might end up there.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3467375)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you say that as if all of them have got the budgets immediately available to them...

i see bonifacio at draco too. it makes sense. how much money do either pizzitola or olsen have though? imo olsen should hang around in eurocup and pitch at the title, i think he could do it opposition dependant next season.

i don't really see what nato would have to gain by staying in 3.5 for another year but i'm not sure what he could achieve in gp2 either.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3467397)   #8
kotkot
Racer

Hungary
Budapest
Pizzitola's aim is admittedly FR3.5, but he will test in GP3 thanks to his Manor connections. Considering his age and nationality (there was not a single French driver in GP3 since Dillmann in 2011), I'd say 3.5 is more likely. However, he also has some Porsche ties, so he might end up there.

I don't think Olsen would have problems with graduating, he has those Red Bull ties after all, I wouldn't even be surprised to see him being announced as a new member to their junior team over the winter.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3467417)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Olsen replace Gasly as a RBR junior in FR3.5? Along with Lynn?
Old 22 Oct 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3467445)   #10
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd personally be surprised to see Olsen stepping up to FR3.5. I think he'll end up doing European F3 with Prema - he's already tested for them and I just have a hunch he'll end up there - you heard it here first

I can easily see Orudzhev stepping up due to his Russian SMP backing and like others have said, Bonifacio at Draco seems to fit quite well. Pietro Fantin has said he's likely to be back for 2015 and if he stays at Draco, I think he would be a good yard-stick for Bonifacio to learn from.

I'd also like to see what Vaxiviere could do with a second season - you have to say that since he came back from his injury break he was one of the form men in the latter-part of the championship (whilst also jetting around the world racing a Porsche in the WEC might I add!)

Also, as this is the silly season thread and for those who might have missed it, here is the 2015 FR3.5 calendar that was released on Sunday:

25/26 April Motorland Aragon, Spain
24 May Monte Carlo, Monaco
30/31 May Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
13/14 June Hungaroring, Hungary
27/28 June* Red Bull Ring, Austria
29/30 August* Silverstone, Britain
12/13 September Nurburgring, Germany
26/27 September Le Mans Bugatti, France
17/18 October Jerez, Spain

* Dates TBC
Old 22 Oct 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3467448)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they didn't pin a date down for the red bull ring date so i'm not sure where you got that one from!
Old 22 Oct 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3467457)   #12
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they didn't pin a date down for the red bull ring date so i'm not sure where you got that one from!
http://worldseriesbyrenault.com/The-...aled-4573.html

Near the bottom of the article
Old 22 Oct 2014, 23:11 (Ref:3467494)   #13
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Blomqvist,Gelael, Giovinazzi are moving in 3.5 series this year according to Autosport.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3467499)   #14
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Carlin might come back? I don't know if they have sold their cars & transporter?
Old 23 Oct 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3467547)   #15
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Giovinazzi will be one to watch given a decent pre-season. Same with Blomqvist.

Surely Latifi will return given his end of season form in the series?
Old 23 Oct 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3467566)   #16
snowdog140
Rookie

England
Coventry, England
snowdog140 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard on the European F3 coverage that Seralles is planning on going back to the States to race over there so I doubt he'll be involved over the winter in 3.5, unless it's to have time in the car to stay fresh.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3467571)   #17
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

I don't know if Olsen will move to F3 with Prema as according to Autosport the most likely trio for next year should be:
Fuoco-Stroll-Maisano
Old 23 Oct 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3467577)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
what's maisano been up to this season? he seems to never really make any progress into bigger cars... is he ferrari still?
Old 23 Oct 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3467580)   #19
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
what's maisano been up to this season? he seems to never really make any progress into bigger cars... is he ferrari still?
formula 4, he was helping stroll making strides in car racing

he has done all the tests with prema f3 team since vallelunga bar the fia f3 collective test at imola.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3467598)   #20
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog140 View Post
Heard on the European F3 coverage that Seralles is planning on going back to the States to race over there so I doubt he'll be involved over the winter in 3.5, unless it's to have time in the car to stay fresh.
Serralles will drive Indy Lights for Belardi
Old 23 Oct 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3467600)   #21
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So my guess:

DAMS: Nyck de Vries - Jimmy Eriksson (?)
Fortec: Jazeman Jaafar (?) - Egor Orudzhev (?)
Arden: Jordan King (?) - Dean Stoneman (?)
Zeta: Roman Mavlanov (?) - Artur Janosz (?)
Lotus: Matthieu Vaxivière (?) - Alex Fontana (?)
Strakka: Matthew Graham (?) - Jake Hughes (?)
AVF: Beitske Visser (?) - Nick Cassidy (?)
ISR: Felix Rosenqvist (?) - Gustav Malja (?)
Tech-1: Richard Gonda (?) - Andrea Pizzitola (?)
Draco: Pietro Fantin (?) - Bruno Bonifacio (?)
Comtec: Andrea Roda (?) - Steijn Schothorst (?)
Pons: Oscar Tunjo - Robert Visoiu (?)
Old 23 Oct 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3467611)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, we've had words about your guesses before. they're so far off the mark that they're just fantasy grids...
Old 23 Oct 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3467644)   #23
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, but Giovinazzi goes with Galael and he's very young, only in his 3rd season in cars and next season he might be fighting for podiums in F3 while Giovanazzi goes for the title. They are a bit like Stroll & Maisano, they go in package.
It will be interesting to see what Auer will do? GP2 or FR3.5 or full focus on LMP2?
Old 23 Oct 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3467673)   #24
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm sorry but there's absolutely no chance that either Matty Graham and Jake Hughes will race in the same team! Hughes is the only one with a remote shout at a race seat, but as I said somewhere he'll probably go for a Eurocup title campaign.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3467683)   #25
kotkot
Racer

Hungary
Budapest
There were rumours about the KFC squad going to GP3 because that way all of them can be in the same team (Gelael, Giovinazzi, Blomqvist). That would not happen in FR3.5 but of course we can't rule it out.

Nick Cassidy would be weird given he has been massively struggling with budget and even if he had some chance, he didn't really take them.
Closed Thread