Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jan 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3010595)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8 View Post
Oh, well. There goes the theory that someone on here could know everyone else's business.
D.R.T. likes this
Old 12 Jan 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3010624)   #27
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now are we referring to the entire ten-tenths board, or just this section, and are we including grid girls who may have more than one job?
Old 12 Jan 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3010927)   #28
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
Now are we referring to the entire ten-tenths board, or just this section, and are we including grid girls who may have more than one job?
although the grammar used makes it sound like the entire board is being brought into question, given that said poster likes to remain on topic, i am of the belief it is only the members of the Australasian Touring Cars sub-forum that are in question. Now regardless of how many jobs these grid girls have, we have been reliably informed that none of these jobs are actually running large businesses, and doubtfully some grid girls are also medium business owners.

now the ASIC determines a large company to be, amongst other things, a company that has more than 50 staff. And as we have heard above, this means that none of these companies have a figurehead who has great assistants and managers that help manage the business enough to allow the owner or runner of the business a bit of self-time to browse ten-tenths while in boring conference calls or on the way to/from home etc etc. I'm not quite sure of any change to this if they are also a grid girl
Old 12 Jan 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3010936)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
although the grammar used makes it sound like the entire board is being brought into question, given that said poster likes to remain on topic, i am of the belief it is only the members of the Australasian Touring Cars sub-forum that are in question. Now regardless of how many jobs these grid girls have, we have been reliably informed that none of these jobs are actually running large businesses, and doubtfully some grid girls are also medium business owners.

now the ASIC determines a large company to be, amongst other things, a company that has more than 50 staff. And as we have heard above, this means that none of these companies have a figurehead who has great assistants and managers that help manage the business enough to allow the owner or runner of the business a bit of self-time to browse ten-tenths while in boring conference calls or on the way to/from home etc etc. I'm not quite sure of any change to this if they are also a grid girl

ASIC does not say that. you might need to go back and research as you only have part of the answer.

But be confident a large business owner would not be going on with the inane dribble some on here are sprouting
Old 12 Jan 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3010939)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime.. back to the subject at hand... does anyone here have the aspiration to fill the role?

The role itself sounds like an extension of the functions of many consumer goods marketing positions, with the exception of the product being something whose quality cannot always be guaranteed. For example, if you sell Coke for a living, you know that the brown bubbly syrupy goodness from each and every can will largely be the same. It cant crash into things, it cant make controversial statements, it cant whinge or whine or complain. It cant turn $400k of packaging and make it look like a Coke can ready for recycling.

The longer term career question might be where this position may lead in the future? There have been some circumstances where team managers have been selected from positions that are slightly left of field... however that role would take significant skills in man (and woman!) management that would not be necessarily in use in this particular job offering.

Yours... for ~$80k a year + travel + maybe access to the 'Friends of Ford' car discount buying program. :Shrug":
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jan 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3010945)   #31
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes, the subject at hand: "Inane dribbling". Excellent, pecky - and thanks for that. 'Business term', 'gobbledygook', 'weasel words', and now 'inane dribbling'. Take your pick, thought leaders.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3010965)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8 View Post
Ah yes, the subject at hand: "Inane dribbling". Excellent, pecky - and thanks for that. 'Business term', 'gobbledygook', 'weasel words', and now 'inane dribbling'. Take your pick, thought leaders.
you should just buy me flowers if you want a date
Old 13 Jan 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3010990)   #33
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime.. back to the subject at hand... does anyone here have the aspiration to fill the role?

The role itself sounds like an extension of the functions of many consumer goods marketing positions, with the exception of the product being something whose quality cannot always be guaranteed. For example, if you sell Coke for a living, you know that the brown bubbly syrupy goodness from each and every can will largely be the same. It cant crash into things, it cant make controversial statements, it cant whinge or whine or complain. It cant turn $400k of packaging and make it look like a Coke can ready for recycling.

The longer term career question might be where this position may lead in the future? There have been some circumstances where team managers have been selected from positions that are slightly left of field... however that role would take significant skills in man (and woman!) management that would not be necessarily in use in this particular job offering.

Yours... for ~$80k a year + travel + maybe access to the 'Friends of Ford' car discount buying program. :Shrug":
I guess if it was easy GTR, everyone would be doing it. This is not a new role nor a new title at FPR, they in fact let someone go from the exact same job title mid last year. Since then the role has been empty as I understand it but clearly they now feel that an extra person is needed to cover work load. They have a fair collection of sponsors to look after and I'd expect them to really need someone on the ground doing the leg work, which is what this role is about.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3010993)   #34
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
ASIC does not say that. you might need to go back and research as you only have part of the answer.
really?

From the ASIC website: "A proprietary company is defined as large for a financial year if it satisfies at least two of the following paragraphs:
the consolidated revenue for the financial year of the company and any entities it controls is $25 million or more
the value of the consolidated gross assets at the end of the financial year of the company and any entities it controls is $12.5 million or more, and
the company and any entities it controls have 50 or more employees at the end of the financial year."

whoops...

Quote:

if i was in a different stage of my life, without as many responsibilities, I would.
Old 15 Jan 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3011899)   #35
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You pay peanuts....fair dinkum 80K a year? they have to be kidding, no one qualified would even look at it.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3020638)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here comes another one....

Perhaps a little less ostentatious, its still looking for the same kinda thing...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House