Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jul 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3753857)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Matt Braid Departs

Story Here

Great notice period, allows for plenty of time to find a replacement.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Jul 2017, 02:42 (Ref:3753860)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Probably not a bad thing in some ways. I can't work out why a business the size of VASC needs a Managing Director as well as a CEO when both are full time roles and there is a board overseeing it all.
Maybe this move is part of making some structural changes?
Old 24 Jul 2017, 03:36 (Ref:3753867)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Probably not a bad thing in some ways. I can't work out why a business the size of VASC needs a Managing Director as well as a CEO when both are full time roles and there is a board overseeing it all.
Maybe this move is part of making some structural changes?
One seemed to be operational, the other strategic..
Old 24 Jul 2017, 05:19 (Ref:3753871)   #4
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...braid-resigns/

Why is this such a big deal. I have seen people state that this is the end of V8 Supercars, I don't see how as people leave jobs all the time. He left for family not for a failed series. With that too, people need to realise, V8 Supercars are the only real place Australians and New Zealanders have a good chance at. How many Australians and NZ people are overseas in all forms, only a handful, probably less then the field of V8s now, so we lose this we lose any form of competitive racing for Australia and NZ
Old 24 Jul 2017, 05:38 (Ref:3753874)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
One seemed to be operational, the other strategic..
Don't forget that there's a Chief Operating Officer as well. It just seems a little top heavy from the outside. No doubt with Mr Braid departing there'll be some thought on replacement and whether an identical role on the same package is needed.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3753879)   #6
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who says its a big deal?
Old 24 Jul 2017, 07:35 (Ref:3754136)   #7
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plenty of Aussies scattered through European open-wheel and GT racing. There's a few over in the US, and Asia as well. They might not all be at the pointy end of the field, but they're all certainly out there having a crack at it.

Matt Braid leaving, is not the end of the world. He righted the ship, with regards to the commercial side of things (go back a few years, and see how many events didn't have naming rights sponsors, in fact, the championship itself didn't either). Commercially, the sport is as good as ever from the mothership's point of view.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3754137)   #8
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Plenty of Aussies scattered through European open-wheel and GT racing. There's a few over in the US, and Asia as well. They might not all be at the pointy end of the field, but they're all certainly out there having a crack at it.

Matt Braid leaving, is not the end of the world. He righted the ship, with regards to the commercial side of things (go back a few years, and see how many events didn't have naming rights sponsors, in fact, the championship itself didn't either). Commercially, the sport is as good as ever from the mothership's point of view.
Exactly, I don't understand why people are whinging. Not on here, mainly on other forums and facebook. V8s for now seem to be going as strong as any other TV show
Old 24 Jul 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3753893)   #9
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in the world of Corporations it is usually to have a hierarchyy.
how ever some organisations run it differently:

In my particular company:

we have the MD at the Top
CEO underneath
State Mangers
etc
some even go down to
Category Managers
etc
I have worked at other places that have the CEO as the power man, and MD's under him/her

IIRC , the Company Secretary is the one who reports to the regulatory authorities>

So an MD leaving is no great drama, just depending on what structure the Board have put in
Old 24 Jul 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3753902)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

CEO underneath
State Mangers
etc
some even go down to
Category Managers
etc
I have worked at other places that have the CEO as the power man, and MD's under him/her

IIRC , the Company Secretary is the one who reports to the regulatory authorities>

So an MD leaving is no great drama, just depending on what structure the Board have put in
Old 24 Jul 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3753913)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post

CEO underneath
State Mangers
etc
some even go down to
Category Managers
etc

In a ~35 person operation, that management structure is probably unique..
Old 25 Jul 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3754218)   #12
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
With that too, people need to realise, V8 Supercars are the only real place Australians and New Zealanders have a good chance at.
Things have been thus in that department for 40 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa
(go back a few years, and see how many events didn't have naming rights sponsors, in fact, the championship itself didn't either)
Did he sell any of those for unders just to ensure there was names of the door though?
Old 25 Jul 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3754231)   #13
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Better than kicking the tin yourself, wouldn't you agree?
Old 26 Jul 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3754446)   #14
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think I'd be tempted to leave as well, being asked to oversee the introduction of the "Supertrucks" concept which really has failed the "pubtest" and is not capturing the interest of the average punter, as well as the Super5000 project which was atrociously handled, pitching one camp of real enthusiasts against another.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3755407)   #15
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edit: Wrong thread. nothing to see here.