Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 2 Apr 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2665581)   #1
Fairthorpe
Rookie

Fairthorpe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EPE Chassis - What Is It?

I’ve just discovered (and joined) this forum. It has already provided me with some very interesting reading!

The reason for this post is that I’m hoping for some help in identifying a race car chassis that I have, which has a nameplate stamped “EP Engineering Chassis EPE-00019”. I believe it to be at least two or three decades old, and I’m fairly certain it’s of British origin. (I’m in the USA.) It’s a “roller”, no motor or body, two-seater, of mid (rear) engine configuration, independent suspension front and rear (Spitfire front up-rights, cast alloy rear, tubular A-arms and radius rods), 13” wheels maybe 5 to 6” wide, with a steel monocoque main chassis. It’s about the size of a Lotus 23, and appears to be a sports-racer. However, the roll-bar perhaps indicates otherwise. The main, vertical hoop is almost full width, and is fairly high; there’s a plexiglass panel, that appears to be to separate the driver and engine compartments of a closed bodied car. Someone thought that there are/were racing classes in England that used similar chassis, with lowered (perhaps fiberglass repop) bodies such as Minis or Imps. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I apologize if I’ve posted this to the wrong sub-forum.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2665627)   #2
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
photos needed to assist
Old 28 May 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2700158)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Moved out of archive so we can try and build some general info for the guy.