Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jan 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2822073)   #1
The Swede
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
The Swede should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucas Injection

I am restoring a Ralt RT30, 1986, with VW Brabham engine and Lucas Mechanical Injection. When I bought the car it was converted to electronic injection and I am now restoring it back to the mechanical injection system.
  1. I have found a "standard" Lucas 6 mm Metering Unit (MU) and injectors. But I am missing the specific VW Brabham parts to mount/connect the MU to the engine, such as MU drive housing, spindle, brackets, pulleys (2), and vacuum unit. Does someone have or know some that may have these specific parts?
  2. I have heard a name of one of the ex. Lucas employee, Bob Blurton. Does anyone have his contact details?
  3. I am also looking for spares like gasket, o-rings, membran etc. for the Lucas Metering unit. Does someone know where to get them?
So any information, contact info or useful web pages concering Lucas mechanical injection system for VW Brabham installation will be much appreciated.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2822303)   #2
lorraine g
Rookie

England
Near Peterborough, UK
lorraine g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we can certainly help with the diaphragms, bung seals and o rings

have a look at our website

http://davidgathercole.co.uk/mechanicalinjection.html

good luck with the project

Lorraine
Old 29 Jan 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2822440)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Have you seen this site ? http://www.lucasinjection.com/
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Jan 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2822446)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a dangerous website . . . at least for retro tuning perverts!
Old 9 Feb 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3201523)   #5
4dnut
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
4dnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please send me you emai laddress and I will send some photos of some parts you may be interested in.
Paul