Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Feb 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3025057)   #76
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Not 100% sure about the Vodafone car either... from some angles its great, but not this one...

IMO, from the back of the grandstand at speed, there wasn't much contrast between the Vodafone and the fluro background.

The GRM cars however looked busy up close, but from a reasonable distance the branding seemed to stand out.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 01:32 (Ref:3025060)   #77
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
IMO, from the back of the grandstand at speed, there wasn't much contrast between the Vodafone and the fluro background.

The GRM cars however looked busy up close, but from a reasonable distance the branding seemed to stand out.
thats about how i saw it also Crash.

when i saw the pics of the fujitsu cars , i thought they were ugly, but at the track they looked good

the Vodafone cars just looked bright
Old 13 Feb 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3025098)   #78
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what needs to be remembered, is that in the vast majority the major sponsor is the one with the final signoff, and as they pay the bills, and the likes of Nick and Rob might deliver what everyone thinks is the bees knees of liveries, yet if the major sponsor doesn't like it, stiff cheddar, and we get what they want.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3025128)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

A separate trailer for the Norton car...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Feb 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3025130)   #80
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
which means the jim beam cars will most likely be travelling together.

i guess that works for the sponsors
Old 13 Feb 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3025159)   #81
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
was just watching a bit of i-racing and the were saying that the Giz and Scott maclaughlan had a bit of "friendly banter" on the track on Saturday anyone know what they were talking about?
Old 13 Feb 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3025187)   #82
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
was just watching a bit of i-racing and the were saying that the Giz and Scott maclaughlan had a bit of "friendly banter" on the track on Saturday anyone know what they were talking about?

maybe it was play it right and you will end up the 9 car at SBR, whilst HRT poach me off SBR to replace GT or Court in a few years, lol lol lol
Old 13 Feb 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3025216)   #83
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So.. why would anyone want to get their picture taken next to a plain white car??
The fact they didn't even bother to put the driver's name on the window didn't seem to go down well with the crowd either.

Pretty insulting all round really... Perhaps Mr Douglas isn't secure in the seat yet? Or are these guys actually dreaming of a super surprise launch some day????
Old 14 Feb 2012, 01:53 (Ref:3025543)   #84
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, it's got front parking sensors...
Old 14 Feb 2012, 03:58 (Ref:3025558)   #85
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Gee, it's got front parking sensors...
And typical Holden panel fit and finish.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3025565)   #86
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd really like to argue the point there...

I can only think that the above car probably started life out as a Ford...
Old 14 Feb 2012, 06:39 (Ref:3025578)   #87
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
I'd really like to argue the point there...

I can only think that the above car probably started life out as a Ford...
are you suggesting that the panels would fit better if they added Ford headlights?
Old 14 Feb 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3025659)   #88
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Wonder who the 'she' is?
Old 14 Feb 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3025863)   #89
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
even more reason for me to buy her a drink, although i didn't win lotto so there is no team... yet...
Old 14 Feb 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3025896)   #90
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I'm having an educated guess but that would be Deb Lederhose, she is in charge of print and design at DJR
Old 18 Feb 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3027756)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So.. V8Xtra was on yesterday... talking (gushing?) about the Nissan move to the series... plus introducing the changes to the season in personnel, in cars, in sponsors... Here...

... but it lacked a certain 'something'... when Mr Crompton & co went out to the Sandown pit apron to show off the cars, they got to about half way down the grid, and had to hoof it to finish off.

In this process, they largely ignored the expanded Tekno squad, the TDR & LDM squads.. JRR Ford.. all people with stories, as important to the championship fabric as the rest of them... but got their various backers ZERO teev time.

Why did it have to be in such a rush?

Would it have made more sense to segment a proper introduction like they did at Bathurst some years ago... introduce drivers & teams, change commentators for each one so it doesnt drone, sit the car inside the 360 degree train track so they can take vision of the entirity of the design of this season's rocket...

.. and maybe give incentive to the 'white' car owners to actually put some names on the side for this important media day.

Opportunity.. wasted?
Old 22 Feb 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3029286)   #92
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So.. V8Xtra was on yesterday......
Would it have made more sense to segment a proper introduction like they did at Bathurst some years ago... introduce drivers & teams, change commentators for each one so it doesnt drone, sit the car inside the 360 degree train track so they can take vision of the entirity of the design of this season's rocket...
Bloody great idea!
Old 22 Feb 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3029359)   #93
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neil looked like he was struggling against the clock all day.
For a non-live show this would appear a little odd...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19