Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Sep 2001, 20:25 (Ref:147578)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerry Marshall

Apparently he was awesome over the weekend at Goodwood (in Lotus Cortinas). But he's also suffering from cancer of the spine - too much good living Gerry!!

I wish him the best.. what entertainment he's always given.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 14:02 (Ref:147849)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats sad news - he is a living legend, on the track and in the bar!! I have witnessed him holding court in the bar at Brands before, and he is a genuine peoples hero - akin to Joey Dunlop was on bikes. Can I add my best wishes to Gerry in fighting the dreaded C.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 14:51 (Ref:147874)   #3
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say that Gerry was fantastic at the weekend, and it is very sad that he is suffering in this way. I wish him a speedy recovery, so we can enjoy his sublime car control for many years to come. A real hero.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 16:56 (Ref:147935)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a bit of a shock to see Gerry making his way through the Goodwood paddock on an electric mobility chair, but when he got into a racing car, he was every bit as good as he ever was.

The battle in the St Marys Trophy with the Lotus Cortina was as sublime a bit of driving as I have ever, ever seen. The man may not be in the best of health, but by goodness he's still got an awesome talent.

I really hope that his health improves. There's win number 700 to attain yet.