Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 8 Sep 2016, 22:51 (Ref:3671121)   #1
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob Armstrong

Bob Armstrong, former competitions manager at the BRSCC, sadly lost his battle with cancer on Monday. Together with John Nichol, Bob helped organise the Willhire 24 hours and many other events.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3678178)   #2
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I only heard of Bob's passing a couple of days ago. Having started marshaling in late '80s at Brands I was privileged to have been introduced to the organising aspect of the sport via Bob, Bernie Cottrell, John Nicol, Jim MacGregor, Julie Edghill, John Smith, Bryan Degerlund, Glyn Challinor, Carol Glenn, Martin Purnell, Richard Tomalin and many others...

(amazing how these names and faces start flooding back when you trip the memory switch!)

Still remember surprising Bob at Autosport Int'l with the little gift of a scruffy second-hand copy of a book on Modified Road Sports race cars, which I'd remembered was a class he was keen on reintroducing.

A lovely guy, very supportive - I know he'll be missed by all in the motorsport community.