Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3592489)   #126
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Racing room on the grass you mean.
Well Bargs considers the grass to be racing room after the whincup pass.

But SVG had significant race track to his left
Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3592493)   #127
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Dear God I wish Ingall was a bookie.
Yeah their efforts to try and build drama is tiresome
Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:59 (Ref:3592494)   #128
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Yeah their efforts to try and build drama is tiresome
Social media are loving it

comments are in overdrive.

I reckon its great. A great story is in progress
Old 23 Nov 2015, 01:50 (Ref:3592530)   #129
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say SVG looked very sheepish in his interview after the race. Maybe he didn't like the "your dead to me bro" comment LOL

Geez I find Frostys interviews painfully booring. Repeating himself over and over again on the weekend, how he was happy blablabla, generally he doesn't look happy.

DR to Erebus, what a loss to PRA.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3592537)   #130
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
DR to Erebus, what a loss to PRA.
You can say that again. He's a gun; who applies himself to the task at hand and has fun when the hard work is done. He might be hard to 'manage' but he's one of the most 'complete' drivers in the sport at the moment. He makes Frosty's white washed, deadpan, same old, same old answers seem bland in comparison.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 02:34 (Ref:3592540)   #131
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
You can say that again. He's a gun; who applies himself to the task at hand and has fun when the hard work is done. He might be hard to 'manage' but he's one of the most 'complete' drivers in the sport at the moment. He makes Frosty's white washed, deadpan, same old, same old answers seem bland in comparison.
Except Mr Reynolds never seems to put his car in the same place on the track 2 laps in a row... and allegedly confounds his engineering staff with his feedback...

It will be interesting to see how he goes at Erebus..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Nov 2015, 02:43 (Ref:3592543)   #132
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Except Mr Reynolds never seems to put his car in the same place on the track 2 laps in a row... and allegedly confounds his engineering staff with his feedback...

It will be interesting to see how he goes at Erebus..
Especially if the rumour of Campbell Little moving onto Charlie new team, I thought DR was looking forward to working with Campbell, but it is only a rumour!
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 23 Nov 2015, 03:08 (Ref:3592545)   #133
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the Saturday races were processional, however the SVG/Reynolds incident had everyone talking and then the Sunday race was processional, however the JW/Frosty incident gave many people the highlight ?
Old 23 Nov 2015, 04:24 (Ref:3592576)   #134
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's pretty much how I saw it too. I fell asleep in Sundays race.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 04:51 (Ref:3592581)   #135
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah SVG got off lightly with that move. But on the other hand, DR got off for the turn 1 incident when he clearly pushed SVG straight off the track. So maybe Bargs was taking that into consideration. Plus DR's having trouble with the gears or something. SVG can be a naughty boy, but he's still pretty exciting to watch.

The JW/MW incident was interesting. There was no room for Whincup and he just plowed in there to move Mark outta the way. Same intent as SVG on DR, except not at high speed obviously. Mark came down a bit late though.

Pretty disappointed this time to see Craig get this one. Normally I don't mind Craig winning, but not with the season Scott has had driving his heart out but with an unreliable pos Volvo. He was probably quickest in race 2 but couldn't get past them, then in race 3 quickest again, but getting held up in the pit exit cost him his first win of the season. But hey, Craig gets his 102nd... bravo mate.

Cam Waters in the #6.... wow, he can't even crack the top 10 coming into the car that just had 6 consecutive podiums with Mostert. Not having a good time of it so far is he?

Dumbrell also surprising, he was absolutely nowhere in the 222.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 04:56 (Ref:3592583)   #136
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waters confirming that dropping Reynolds is a bad idea
Old 23 Nov 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3592609)   #137
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Yeah SVG got off lightly with that move. But on the other hand, DR got off for the turn 1 incident when he clearly pushed SVG straight off the track. So maybe Bargs was taking that into consideration. Plus DR's having trouble with the gears or something. SVG can be a naughty boy, but he's still pretty exciting to watch.

The JW/MW incident was interesting. There was no room for Whincup and he just plowed in there to move Mark outta the way. Same intent as SVG on DR, except not at high speed obviously. Mark came down a bit late though.

Pretty disappointed this time to see Craig get this one. Normally I don't mind Craig winning, but not with the season Scott has had driving his heart out but with an unreliable pos Volvo. He was probably quickest in race 2 but couldn't get past them, then in race 3 quickest again, but getting held up in the pit exit cost him his first win of the season. But hey, Craig gets his 102nd... bravo mate.

Cam Waters in the #6.... wow, he can't even crack the top 10 coming into the car that just had 6 consecutive podiums with Mostert. Not having a good time of it so far is he?

Dumbrell also surprising, he was absolutely nowhere in the 222.
But is car #6 the heavier tank the girls used and was used at GC or did the jet get rebuilt after Bathurst? Same same but different.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3592610)   #138
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The chassis Mostert bent at Bathurst is stuffed.

I'm pretty certain #6 is still the Supergirls junker.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3592642)   #139
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be interesting to see what Owen can get out of it then.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 11:32 (Ref:3592651)   #140
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About the same, I reckon.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3592818)   #141
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Dave had to be turning left to squeeze Giz though, this is I am sure what Bargs found.
That maybe Bargs excuse but Giz admitted he was out to get Dave (for turn 1) before punting him off. When being interviewed on the grid Sunday he said 'I'd do it again'. Considering Giz was hard up against the right rear of Daves car with his left front and continuing to accelerate as he was punting him off makes a mockery of that excuse. Simply there was an admission of intent by Giz to deliberately punt Dave off. Should've been dealt with properly like it has been in the past when drivers admit to deliberately wrecking other drivers.
Old 24 Nov 2015, 03:18 (Ref:3592871)   #142
blizard
Rookie

blizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was sad to see Reynolds get turned around as it would have been a somewhat poetic had he won the championship and taken the number 1 with him. But I think there was little chance of this happening even had he not had this incident.
Reynolds was the architect of his own demise though I feel. He tried to run SVG off the road twice but only got away with it once. SVG said Reynolds saw him (he should have as they were practically side by side) but still ran him off the track at that high speed turn 1. SVG gave Reynolds a few taps once he caught him again a lap later – as 99% of the field would do if they had both been run off the track by said person and they were holding them up soon after. SVG got some overlap but Reynolds tried to get in front for the coming right-hander and cut his nose off (SVG ended up on the LHS of the track). Data showed SVG came off the throttle at one point to minimise what was unfolding. SVG then drove through it to keep momentum and Reynolds lost out. All of this Reynolds could have avoided.

SVG said he would ‘do it again’ when referring to holding his line and racing hard, not punting someone off.

You can understand Reynolds emotional overflow considering this is/was the closest he might come topping the championship, at least in the foreseeable future.
Old 24 Nov 2015, 09:12 (Ref:3592943)   #143
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Reynolds had a chance in hell of taking the title anyway, Winterbottom is the better driver, in the better car. It's just that the Bottom has been cruising around for a while now taking the points. I bet if sh1t got close, he'd step on it a bit harder. Lowndes has little chance as well in the finale unless Mark gets some awful bad luck.

I think this is right.... 300 points up for 1st in the remaining 3 races, 105 for 25th. So even if Lowndes wins all 3 races and Mark finishes 25th in 3, that's a 16 point swing. Move up 3 positions to 22nd in the last race and Mark wins it by 2. So going by that, he'd just about have to wreck his race car and dnf all 3 races for Lowndes to take this.
Old 24 Nov 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3592948)   #144
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think this is right.... 300 points up for 1st in the remaining 3 races, 105 for 25th. So even if Lowndes wins all 3 races and Mark finishes 25th in 3, that's a 16 point swing. Move up 3 positions to 22nd in the last race and Mark wins it by 2. So going by that, he'd just about have to wreck his race car and dnf all 3 races for Lowndes to take this.
Yeah I pretty much reckon Frosty has to DNF Sunday and Lowndes win everything to be in with a shout. Pretty long shot but it aint done until its done. Just ask Whincup about 2010!
Old 24 Nov 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3593135)   #145
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
The Giz will be tutored to take out Frosty in the first race.
Old 25 Nov 2015, 00:17 (Ref:3593140)   #146
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
The Giz will be tutored to take out Frosty in the first race.
I certainly hope so.

Still, if Frosty gets points in the 2nd and 3rd race, he'll still win.

Basically Frosty has to bin it so badly as to DNF in at least 1 Saturday race and the big race Sunday, and Lowndes has to win everything.

I'm not betting either way but its fairly long odds.