Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Mar 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3720550)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
It is concerning that BJR haven't found a season sponsor for last years Clipsal winner. If they had a plan in place where it was a revolving canvas through out the year then so be it but it seems like only option at the moment as opposed to a pre season plan with sponsors in place.
Percat has always had a stable of minor sponsors but never enough with the big bucks.

BJR however have ordinarily had enough backing but no BOC on the car for the first year in how many?
Old 22 Mar 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3720558)   #52
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame on the PC crowd and good on Mixer and peckstar for having a sense of humour, but more importantly for understanding the true nature of equality - everyone is fair game.

Also like how it's equality for all represented by the LGBT colours...
Old 22 Mar 2017, 07:02 (Ref:3720560)   #53
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Percat has always had a stable of minor sponsors but never enough with the big bucks.

BJR however have ordinarily had enough backing but no BOC on the car for the first year in how many?
Nicks always had this problem that is what cost him the Walkinshaw seat in 2014. Here below towards the end nick lists some of his sponsors for this season but doesn't hint at how heavily their supporting him. Rotational sponsorship between these companies perhaps? just an idea
http://m.coateshire.com.au/blog/2017/february-2017/nick-percat-clipsal-500-preview

Last edited by PS2244; 22 Mar 2017 at 07:17.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3720562)   #54
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

BJR Become Rainbow Warriors for AGP

Looks great.. and a good way to communicate what Holden stands for!
Shame BJR shame, wilting before those who are Christophobic.

The text of Leviticus 18:22 : "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." KJV. 'You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.'
Old 22 Mar 2017, 07:33 (Ref:3720563)   #55
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shouldn't we also stone the drivers to death for working on the Sabbath?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Mar 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3720564)   #56
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really, all it comes down to is that Holden sees money in the LGTB community, not sure spending that money in petrolhead heaven is going to generate the desired return but it's their money.

I'm not aware of any surveys into how much of the supercars crowd identifies as LGTB but there you go. Would seem at odds though with the other recently announced BJR sponsor Harley Davidson.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3720566)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Really, all it comes down to is that Holden sees money in the LGTB community, not sure spending that money in petrolhead heaven is going to generate the desired return but it's their money.
What is weird is the pseudo-denial from Holden about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
I'm not aware of any surveys into how much of the supercars crowd identifies as LGTB but there you go. Would seem at odds though with the other recently announced BJR sponsor Harley Davidson.
Statistics would suggest about 1/5 of the total population would identify somewhere within the LGBT spectrum.

Also not sure if you have met many Harley riders lately but I'd suggest they also solidly make up their 1/5. Maybe more.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:10 (Ref:3720567)   #58
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
think we're making mountains out of mole hills here it's a one off sponsor what's the big deal
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3720570)   #59
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Shame BJR shame, wilting before those who are Christophobic.

The text of Leviticus 18:22 : "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." KJV. 'You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.'
Don't take this as an attack but please keep political views out of this website it has no place here, we're here to discuss Motorsport not our opinions on the LGBT community. FYI this is in no way BJRs fault Holden are the ones behind this they're paying BJR for this sponsorship placement

Last edited by PS2244; 22 Mar 2017 at 08:19.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3720571)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3720573)   #61
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Shouldn't we also stone the drivers to death for working on the Sabbath?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Mixer, you are Christophobic.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3720574)   #62
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Don't take this as an attack but please keep political views out of this website it has no place here, we're here to discuss Motorsport not our opinions on the LGBT community. FYI this is in no way BJRs fault Holden are the ones behind this they're paying BJR for this sponsorship placement
BJR are making a political statement, I am merely responding to that statement.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3720575)   #63
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Mixer, you are Christophobic.
Sorry, you're the one that made the ridiculous bible quotes. I'm an atheist so I don't care about anybody's jewish carpenter or rules...
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3720581)   #64
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
BJR are making a political statement, I am merely responding to that statement.
It's not bjr dude it's Holden making the political statement they're paying for this round so what they say goes at the end of the day
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3720584)   #65
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Sorry, you're the one that made the ridiculous bible quotes. I'm an atheist so I don't care about anybody's jewish carpenter or rules...
Then lotsa luck pal, you'll need it in the end.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3720585)   #66
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
It's not bjr dude it's Holden making the political statement they're paying for this round so what they say goes at the end of the day
It's still a poltical statement dude, BJR are the "devils advocate".
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3720586)   #67
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
It's still a poltical statement dude, BJR are the "devils advocate".
Once again it's holdens political statement they payed for it and part of the deal was them running this scheme it's not their fault they wanted money and Holden payed
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3720587)   #68
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Once again it's holdens political statement they payed for it and part of the deal was them running this scheme it's not their fault they wanted money and Holden payed
I'm not interested in feeble excuses, it's political, it's on the internet and it's fair game for anyone to comment.

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree and not fill up this thread with further comment out of respect to other forum members.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3720589)   #69
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seem to recall a brace of heavy-set women who identified as being on the LGBT spectrum, riding Harleys during the Mardi Gras over the years.

Personally, I see no issue with it.

It's no different to other causes displayed on racecars in the past, such as the various colours of ribbon for McGrath Foundation, domestic violence, prostate cancer, and so on, not to mention Red Dust, Movember, Tour de Cure, etc.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3720591)   #70
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I seem to recall a brace of heavy-set women who identified as being on the LGBT spectrum, riding Harleys during the Mardi Gras over the years.

Personally, I see no issue with it.

It's no different to other causes displayed on racecars in the past, such as the various colours of ribbon for McGrath Foundation, domestic violence, prostate cancer, and so on, not to mention Red Dust, Movember, Tour de Cure, etc.
Those other causes don't represent depravity.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3720597)   #71
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LD, if BJR didn't want to support the message, they wouldn't have taken Holden's money and painted the car in such a way.

BJR also demonstrate something that FPR never could, a rainbow livery doesn't have to look ordinary.

As for "devils advocate"...
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3720598)   #72
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Those other causes don't represent depravity.
Maybe we could have a livery celebrating catholic priests. Now there is decades of depravity, including homosexual I might add, that we can celebrate with gusto.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3720600)   #73
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Nick could leverage a full time sponsorship deal out of one or more of the 20 Australian companies that last week made the statement of support for SSM.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3720601)   #74
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Maybe Nick could leverage a full time sponsorship deal out of one or more of the 20 Australian companies that last week made the statement of support for SSM.
I'm concerned that possibly the opposite might happen.

The last election result showed me that most Australians seem to like their marriages "traditional"

So I wonder if there is not significant, latent fear of this in corporate-land.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3720604)   #75
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
I'm not interested in feeble excuses, it's political, it's on the internet and it's fair game for anyone to comment.

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree and not fill up this thread with further comment out of respect to other forum members.
Okay that's all good I understand where your coming from I'm just saying the blame doesn't lie on BJR it was either this or running at a loss this weekend with no primary sponsor