Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Dec 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3486649)   #276
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just really impressed at the skills of these artists.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3512110)   #277
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nicolas Perrin has joined Manor F1 as head of trackside engineering. Keeping it Yorkshire!

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pe...or-f1/?v=2&s=1
Old 6 Mar 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3512486)   #278
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crikey, head of trackside engineering for an F1 team is a big role and he will be away from home a lot, how on earth he will continue to progress the LMP1 project in his spare time is beyond me, because he wont have any spare time working 70-80 hour weeks......am I missing something?
Old 6 Mar 2015, 14:08 (Ref:3512491)   #279
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Crikey, head of trackside engineering for an F1 team is a big role and he will be away from home a lot, how on earth he will continue to progress the LMP1 project in his spare time is beyond me, because he wont have any spare time working 70-80 hour weeks......am I missing something?
Missing the part about the LMOP1 project being essentially dead for lack of funds, I'd imagine.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3512498)   #280
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Missing the part about the LMOP1 project being essentially dead for lack of funds, I'd imagine.
I don't think it's ever fully dead, that kinda the beauty of the project.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3512500)   #281
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes it does appear that way!.....bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone that invested funds :-(.....but fair play to the lad fro getting it that far, it was a credible effort in my eyes.......you never know it may turn up again somewhere some day.......the car he re-designed for Pescarolo using the old AMR-One chassis had reasonable pace, and looked the part, despite niggles with the steering system and engine......my point is he has a proven track record and could have delivered a competitive car against the likes of the Rebellion and CLM privateer teams.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3512527)   #282
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I don't think it's ever fully dead, that kinda the beauty of the project.
Was it ever really alive?
Old 6 Mar 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3512529)   #283
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Breaking News: Perrin Reveals New Car for New Class, LMP-1-Zombie
Old 6 Mar 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3512584)   #284
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't he have a Brazilian investor/team for 2016?
Old 6 Mar 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3512594)   #285
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
yes it does appear that way!.....bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone that invested funds :-(.....but fair play to the lad fro getting it that far, it was a credible effort in my eyes.......you never know it may turn up again somewhere some day.......the car he re-designed for Pescarolo using the old AMR-One chassis had reasonable pace, and looked the part, despite niggles with the steering system and engine......my point is he has a proven track record and could have delivered a competitive car against the likes of the Rebellion and CLM privateer teams.
Frankly I felt the Perrin Pescarolo was a really neat car, unfortunately he wasn't particularly keen to discuss it at all. Apparently the program didn't end well?
Old 8 Mar 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3513050)   #286
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's just had another squidy, he needs a job to put money on the table.. i wished him all the best with his new role, but he will be back he's told me, god loves a trier!
Old 18 May 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3734329)   #287
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This crept into my mailbox today:

Quote:
PERRINN confirms first orders for its 2018 FIA World Endurance Championship LMP1 car

Two chassis set for 2018 FIAWEC and Le Mans 24 Hours

British motorsports engineering company PERRINN has announced that it has received the first order for a brace of its new LMP1 car to race the 2018 FIA World Endurance Championship. With the design work already completed alongside preliminary digital and crash test simulations, the as yet unnamed car is expected to be revealed in late November before testing starts in December. With the programme already at such an advanced stage, PERRINN has confirmed it is capable of supplying further cars for the 2018 season.

The first two cars sold will be run by a European race team with its identity and engine details to be released shortly. Priced competitively at £1.2m for the rolling chassis, the car will rely on torsion bar front suspension with coil springs over dampers at the rear and is expected to weigh ‘significantly under’ the mandated limit of 830kg.
With new regulations ensuring the latest LMP1 cars have a lifespan of five years, car designer Nicolas Perinn believes that more and more teams will see the appeal of the category. “Increased support and stability from the FIA and ACO, coupled with programmes from other manufacturers has meant we’ve had a lot of discussions with teams seeking more freedom than the new LMP2 category. LMP1 offers a route to progress from an engineering and pace point of view. In just a few short months, the programme has progressed very quickly to the point where we’ll have two cars plus enough spares to build another car within six months. We have ensured we have capacity to do more should some of our other discussions develop.”

With over 15 years’ experience across sports car and F1 projects as well as automotive technology programmes including most recently an electric supercar, PERRINN will oversee the build at a facility in Northamptonshire using a range of trusted subcontractors. “Motorsport leads the way in advanced manufacturing techniques and we are now capable of producing the car in an innovative fashion,” adds Perrin. “We will nominate the best suppliers to produce parts and deliver to our subcontractors to undertake the assembly on our behalf.”
Further innovation is evident with PERRINN’s ensuring the design will be ‘open source’. “'I am using open source as a way to focus resources and talents around our project,” says Perrin. “I want PERRINN to achieve success at Le Mans by becoming a much bigger organisation than it can be if we limit ourselves to a centralised closed company. Our workforce is decentralised and global. Our team is open and accessible.”
Further updates on the programme will be available via the PERRINN website www.perrinn.com
add'it: here's the Racer Article about it.

Last edited by Ephaeton; 18 May 2017 at 18:49.
Old 18 May 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3734332)   #288
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've always said that not being a centralised closed company is the way to get ahead in sportscar racing. That way, if your discussions develop, you will have the capacity to take advantage of an engineering and pace route to progress.

Is this what Ron Dennis is doing now?
Old 18 May 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3734336)   #289
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great news.
Old 18 May 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3734347)   #290
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Wonder who bought the cars! Maybe a current p2 team?
Old 18 May 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3734357)   #291
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Wonder who bought the cars! Maybe a current p2 team?
I thought in Kolles, they didn't announce their next year chassis, or they did?
Old 19 May 2017, 00:37 (Ref:3734366)   #292
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I've always said that not being a centralised closed company is the way to get ahead in sportscar racing. That way, if your discussions develop, you will have the capacity to take advantage of an engineering and pace route to progress.

Is this what Ron Dennis is doing now?
If so, I'm expecting good work here.
Old 19 May 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3734460)   #293
ModelT
Rookie

ModelT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
If so, I'm expecting good work here.
If the implication is that Ron Dennis is involved with Perrin in this project, I would severely doubt that!

That would be akin to Putin employing Hillary Clinton as his confidential assistant
Old 19 May 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3734547)   #294
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, no.

My comment was comparing that press release to Ron-Speak.
Old 20 May 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3734633)   #295
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
That car looks like an lmp3 to me. Cool nonetheless.
Old 20 May 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3734649)   #296
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
That car looks like an lmp3 to me. Cool nonetheless.
The model used for the render is the same one they had in 2013. Given the rapid rate of development in LMP aero, I hope that the real car is featuring some significant updates.
Old 20 May 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3734656)   #297
ModelT
Rookie

ModelT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
The model used for the render is the same one they had in 2013. Given the rapid rate of development in LMP aero, I hope that the real car is featuring some significant updates.
One would hope so!

Another point of the operation that has me a bit concerned, with Perrin race cars per se, not actually having any production facility, and are using contractors to even assemble the car, who does the team get back to when the problems in bits and pieces arise, and I am sure they will, they always do in new cars regardless of who designed them? There is also the question of quality control when you are not actually doing anything yourself.

I think this is something that perhaps has not been thought through so well. It would also seem he has had a jump up in price from not so long ago too.

Let's hope it all works out for him though and it is a quality team who will run the cars.
Old 20 May 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3734714)   #298
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelT View Post
One would hope so!

Another point of the operation that has me a bit concerned, with Perrin race cars per se, not actually having any production facility, and are using contractors to even assemble the car, who does the team get back to when the problems in bits and pieces arise, and I am sure they will, they always do in new cars regardless of who designed them? There is also the question of quality control when you are not actually doing anything yourself.

I think this is something that perhaps has not been thought through so well. It would also seem he has had a jump up in price from not so long ago too.

Let's hope it all works out for him though and it is a quality team who will run the cars.
Actually this is not as different to many modern teams.
Audi had their tubs manufactured by Dallara for many years.
Haas F1 has the car designed and build by Dallara, the Engine and transmission from Ferrari.

I see it could work! It's going to be difficult yes, but it could work!
Old 20 May 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3734734)   #299
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone else notice 'Perrin' on the rear wing endplates of the G-Drive #22 at Spa?

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-at-monza.html
Old 20 May 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3734735)   #300
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Actually this is not as different to many modern teams.
Audi had their tubs manufactured by Dallara for many years.
Haas F1 has the car designed and build by Dallara, the Engine and transmission from Ferrari.

I see it could work! It's going to be difficult yes, but it could work!
A completely different scenario. Audi and Haas use contractors to build something for themselves. So they pay everything.Who will pay if a racing team finds a problem with the Perrin car?