Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Aug 2021, 02:53 (Ref:4069358)   #926
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve been 100% RLM so far. This makes me happy.

I was going to change, but Trussers kept me there.

The having it on a different speaker has also helped. I’ve put it through the amp before which has accentuated the poor production quality. With the excellent ambient on the main and this on a speaker by the side it’s all bloody brilliant.
Old 22 Aug 2021, 03:01 (Ref:4069374)   #927
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I amped it last year but I’m running ES player on ambient through my laptop to TV with RLM too. I can’t possibly listen to anything else.
Old 22 Aug 2021, 03:13 (Ref:4069393)   #928
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I amped it last year but I’m running ES player on ambient through my laptop to TV with RLM too. I can’t possibly listen to anything else.
I’ve been on a downer over the last few years that it’s not been essential for me. So I’m happy I’ve been with it fully.

Had a little wobble early on, but I’ve not fallen off the wagon!
Old 22 Aug 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4069740)   #929
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was AndrewM on at all during the race?
Old 22 Aug 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4069790)   #930
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great work by RLM.Must have been tough to call the race remotely again, but they managed to keep me informed throughout. Top Job!
Old 22 Aug 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4069819)   #931
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Laughing my head off here. While listening to Pascal Vasselon's interview with RLM on my phone Google Assistant got triggered by something that Vasselon said, paused the sound and did a search for "banana bread"
Old 22 Aug 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4069825)   #932
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
About 2 hours from the end of one my cats jumped on my laptop and in doing so turned it completely off... When I rebooted it, it decided to do a Windows update without warning.....
Old 22 Aug 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4069829)   #933
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stuff as ever from RLM, you wouldn’t have known they working out of seven different locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 Aug 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4069830)   #934
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed. I know they have their faults, but I can't listen to anyone else.
Old 22 Aug 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4069839)   #935
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Had them on for the whole race. Really enjoyed it.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 05:40 (Ref:4069902)   #936
mattsmith
Rookie

England
Somerset
mattsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say that I thought it was brilliant coverage especially considering that everyone was in different locations. The only part that wasn't top notch was the pitlane reports but that was obviously going to struggle without actually being there.

As some of the old guard retired it's felt like Rlm was loosing some of its charm but it feels like they're back on the up after this weekend
Old 23 Aug 2021, 06:20 (Ref:4069905)   #937
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I listened at some point to all three main English commentaries - but defaulted back to RLM - it just felt more like 'home'...

Although I thought the other two were both good - yes even Eurosport was so much of an improvement from last year
Old 23 Aug 2021, 08:21 (Ref:4069917)   #938
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith View Post
As some of the old guard retired it's felt like Rlm was losing some of its charm but it feels like they're back on the up after this weekend
They have definitely done a good job of bringing in new voices as well as the familiar 'cast' we've listened to for years.

I listened to the Eurosport commentary for a couple of hours around dawn and it seemed to be 50% silence due to (I assume) adverts running on the tv version.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4069933)   #939
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I wasn't sure at first about MacKay, but I warmed to him, even though he made a few mistakes. But then they all did (and always do). It was great to hear quite a bit more of Trussers who's had a pretty tough year. For me, Trussers, Palmer, Jones, Bradley, Damon and Hindy are pretty much essential to any Le Mans commentary - even Shae did a good job.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4069939)   #940
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MacKay told the story. Made some errors but often self-corrected anyway. Looking forward to hearing more from him.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4069945)   #941
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
MacKay told the story. Made some errors but often self-corrected anyway. Looking forward to hearing more from him.
I was just surprised when I first heard him early on in FP. I initially thought it was Dario!

On the errors point (like an R&S not competing in P2 - which they got right eventually - I was shouting at the screen), it's all part of it. When you're commentating from memory about past races you'll always make mistakes that the anoraks like us will pick up straight away. It's part of the entertainment....
Old 23 Aug 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4069969)   #942
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
.... When you're commentating from memory about past races you'll always make mistakes that the anoraks like us will pick up straight away.....
They certainly have the handicap of having a very knowledgeable audience, and the difficult juggling act of entertaining people who might be listening for the first time as well as those of us who have listened for 20-30-40 years...
Old 23 Aug 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4069970)   #943
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, that's all too easy to forget....

(Well, listened for 34 years, anyway).
Old 23 Aug 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4069992)   #944
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did a pretty good job this year, especially being remote.

I do miss hearing Jim Roller and Andrew Marriot.

Has Jeremy Shaw ever done any LM24 races over the years with RLM? I wanna say yes; but can't recall any recently. It would be cool if he did one with the team.

Last edited by C6R Racing Fan; 23 Aug 2021 at 14:05.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4069996)   #945
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think he has, although he may have had a cameo spot... I miss Jim too, particularly his hilarious night sessions with Sam Collins. The best commentating partnership was way way back when Trussers did most of the commentating with Ian Titchmarsh, they were a brilliant partnership.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4070003)   #946
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Hasn’t Jeremy Shaw been in the pit lane before?
Old 23 Aug 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4070008)   #947
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think you're right.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4070017)   #948
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't think he has, although he may have had a cameo spot... I miss Jim too, particularly his hilarious night sessions with Sam Collins. The best commentating partnership was way way back when Trussers did most of the commentating with Ian Titchmarsh, they were a brilliant partnership.
Yes to both of those!

The only real thing I missed this year was having boots on the ground in the pits. That is often a highlight for me. The ability for Nick or Shae, or Joe or whomever, to simply walk down and ask a question. This year they would occasionally get somebody on the phone, but it isn't the same.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4070047)   #949
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes to both of those!

The only real thing I missed this year was having boots on the ground in the pits. That is often a highlight for me. The ability for Nick or Shae, or Joe or whomever, to simply walk down and ask a question. This year they would occasionally get somebody on the phone, but it isn't the same.
Yep. That is, for sure, the main issue with commentating remotely. The RLM pit reporters have been absolutely brilliant in the past.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4070054)   #950
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6R Racing Fan View Post

Has Jeremy Shaw ever done any LM24 races over the years with RLM? I wanna say yes; but can't recall any recently. It would be cool if he did one with the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Jeremy has been in the pit lane... but for Eurosport, not RLM.