Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Aug 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1994665)   #176
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*cough* Methinks I'll give the 6 Hour a miss.

But maybe, very, very maybe I may show up with some H., eh Zef.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1994949)   #177
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Preparation H, my fave !

after a minor panic last night, a rush to the photo booth and frantic filling in of forms, I've just posted off my passport renewal . . . otherwise I wouldn't be going any further than Dover !

staying at home is one thing, but Dover !!!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 09:44 (Ref:1994955)   #178
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
When I went to the Nurburgring a couple of weeks ago, I didn't show my passport ONCE - so much for border controls! ....but not worth the risk of a weekend in Dover, I agree
Old 23 Aug 2007, 11:38 (Ref:1995027)   #179
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dovers a lovely place,lots of caves to explore during the day,and just think of the night life.

The way things are going at the moment,it looks like I,ll have to do the whole six hours,perhaps a glass of champers every one and a half hours.!!

Last edited by terence; 23 Aug 2007 at 11:43.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1995129)   #180
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure someone will Volunteer
Old 23 Aug 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1995144)   #181
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
theres no shortage of volunteers!

its finding someone suitable/capable who can pay their way I'd guess !

from memory at 6'3" the MGB race car I drove last year having done a load of work on it wasn't the most comfortable of vehicles, in fact the Wifes MG Midget is better.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 14:54 (Ref:1995152)   #182
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly

from memory at 6'3" the MGB race car I drove last year having done a load of work on it wasn't the most comfortable of vehicles, in fact the Wifes MG Midget is better.

You got it in one Zef,I have someone breathing down my neck for the drive[he does not post on here] but I do not like the chances he takes,pointless and irresponsible,we need to be at the chequered flag ideally,besides,I always thought that was the whole object of the game>
Old 23 Aug 2007, 18:20 (Ref:1995294)   #183
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
more deep psychology there for some people, endurance racing means not stacking it or blowing it up in the first hour !!!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 18:23 (Ref:1995298)   #184
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
endurance racing means not stacking it or blowing it up in the first hour !!!
Be good if a few people worked that one out!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 20:00 (Ref:1995358)   #185
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Dovers a lovely place,lots of caves to explore during the day,and just think of the night life.

The way things are going at the moment,it looks like I,ll have to do the whole six hours,perhaps a glass of champers every one and a half hours.!!
Hence the big fueltank a -no- stint business!!!!!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1995365)   #186
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:

so MGB racers are Masogists? or is driving with your wife in a midget so plain lovely....................probably you have a tremendous lovely wife
Old 23 Aug 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1995380)   #187
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
Hence the big fueltank a -no- stint business!!!!!

It should do 4hrs non stop,I,ve got an empty drinks bottle as well
Old 24 Aug 2007, 18:46 (Ref:1995988)   #188
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
so MGB racers are Masogists? or is driving with your wife in a midget so plain lovely....................probably you have a tremendous lovely wife
I did a lot of prep on a a B last year and I just remember it being nigh on impossible to do anything inside the car, fitting race seats . . . . hell!

its difficult to get in and out of, especially after I fitted door bars, even though they touched the sills they where so low, and not overly spacious inside . . . .given that it looks like the B'stard son of a Spridget and a space hopper, and a spridget is just as easy/comfy, theres no contest inmy book

oh yes, I do have a tremendously lovely wife, and she has a Midget !!!
Old 25 Aug 2007, 06:59 (Ref:1996171)   #189
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Does she take him for walk,s?
Old 26 Aug 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1997040)   #190
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Does she take him for walk,s?
probably. to get in form to move in or out of the car fast................and to remove the hard top when ..........
Old 26 Aug 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1997122)   #191
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So the long and the short of this is ?
Old 4 Sep 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2003579)   #192
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
is it time to bounce this . . . I'll be assembling my new engine and getting it set up for Spa now as the existing is going into retirement !

hopefully we'll have a bit more grunt and crack the 3:20 barrier

looks like we have a full compliment of support for the weekend . . . .I only had to mention the magic 'H' word to persuade my new mechanic he wanted to come
Old 4 Sep 2007, 13:49 (Ref:2003583)   #193
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hayonnaise? ;-)
Old 4 Sep 2007, 13:51 (Ref:2003584)   #194
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hewland?
Old 4 Sep 2007, 13:56 (Ref:2003588)   #195
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
p 'H' ilistines !
Old 4 Sep 2007, 14:09 (Ref:2003596)   #196
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Ignore tHem Zef,tHey are only trying to wind you Hup.I did,nt think that "H" was legal over there either!
Old 4 Sep 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2003712)   #197
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oH yes, it is. At least I tHink.

H......................elp.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2003759)   #198
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
well one of thems teetotal and the other survives on red wine alone , so they wouldn't understand
Old 5 Sep 2007, 05:36 (Ref:2003994)   #199
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
[quote=zefarelly]well one of thems teetotal and the other survives on red wine alone , so they wouldn't understand[/quote

aHH,Ho keH that makes things a bit clearer.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:28 (Ref:2004020)   #200
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Who wouldn't understand? It is only about a garden.

Did somebody mention red wine?