Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Jan 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3195792)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Heaters at Le Mans?... You guys are getting old
I defy anyone not to have been cold during race night in 2011........
Old 29 Jan 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3195816)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I do remember it being cold, had to put on a jumper one evening, but was snug as a bug in the tent inside my sleeping bag
Old 29 Jan 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3195839)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While the race was on Simon - I despair, I really do.........

Old 29 Jan 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3195876)   #54
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Indeed it was cold, but during racenight I always get cold. No time to go to my tent and get warm. I Keep myself warm by moving arround to different vieuwingpoints and drinken coffee. As I arrive on sunday I love going back to my tent and put on the heater, relax, cook, read magazines and try to decide what to do the next day. BUT I am positive this year LM will be hot. It should be after the lousy weather the last few years.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3195882)   #55
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
BUT I am positive this year LM will be hot. It should be after the lousy weather the last few years.
Ayse garauntees it .
Right Ayse?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3195951)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
While the race was on Simon - I despair, I really do.........

I always grab a few hours and then get up just before sunrise watch a couple of hours then back to the tent for a couple of hours, that way I am fit to drive back on Sunday after the race.
Not missed a sunrise in the last 15 years
Old 29 Jan 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3195964)   #57
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
See Ayse you ridicule those of us that like a few beers - but if you had indulged properly you wouldnt have noticed the cold
Old 31 Jan 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3196563)   #58
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I stopped feeling extremities.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3196573)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
See Ayse you ridicule those of us that like a few beers - but if you had indulged properly you wouldnt have noticed the cold
No, I'd have been asleep Mal! Anyhow, I found last year a couple of nips of Calvados does a very good job at dawn....
Old 1 Feb 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3197560)   #60
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This was certainly the most cold night we had at Le Mans, even colder than in 1992, no ?
So I always take warm clothes with me.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3197676)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm OK now, I have thermal pants and calvados.......
Old 2 Feb 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3197838)   #62
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm OK now, I have thermal pants and calvados.......
That can only be a Scottevest offering... or are you purchasing the pants and the calvados separately?
Old 2 Feb 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3197878)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Purchased separately Ian - I'm not sure I could deal with the sacred water coursing through my underwear in such a fashion!
Old 2 Feb 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3197940)   #64
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have just organised the good weather for 2013 as I shall be taking a car with a roof this year for the first time in 15 years
Old 2 Feb 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3198006)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good man! As we're edging ever closer, I will of course be monitoring any injudicious use of the 'R' word in the subforum. Penalties will be immediate and vicious......
Old 2 Feb 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3198016)   #66
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think the organisation of weather should be passed on to Mal as the previous job holder has let us down rather to often in the last few years
Old 2 Feb 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3198018)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
When was that????
Old 2 Feb 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3198025)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We want warm and sunny ayse and you have failed to deliver so let someone else have a go
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3198052)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough, Mal, the job is yours......

There will be a formal presentation of the 2013 Poisoned Chalice at the Tenths Meeting on Saturday 22nd June!
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3198069)   #70
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
There will be a formal presentation of the 2013 Poisoned Chalice at the Tenths Meeting on Saturday 22nd June!
Do we poison it with a bottle of extremely strong Romanian spirits/plum-based rocket fuel? Or two, if both me and Dani bring some?
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3198073)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That sounds perfect Victor!
Old 2 Feb 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3198111)   #72
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Do we poison it with a bottle of extremely strong Romanian spirits/plum-based rocket fuel? Or two, if both me and Dani bring some?
Not too strong! Remember that you need to be able to keep it in Plastic/cardboard or a metal container as glass is forbidden on track . (so no Acetone based spirits )
Old 2 Feb 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3198117)   #73
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Not too strong! Remember that you need to be able to keep it in Plastic/cardboard or a metal container as glass is forbidden on track . (so no Acetone based spirits )
No, if it comes it's going to come in a small plastic bottle. Or two. Of course, neither the bottle nor the contents are going to make it back to Romania...
Old 2 Feb 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3198129)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if is like the stuff we had before I am more worried about what it does to my insides than it's effect on the drinking vessel but as you know never been know to not try something new
Old 2 Feb 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3198135)   #75
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well if is like the stuff we had before I am more worried about what it does to my insides than it's effect on the drinking vessel but as you know never been know to not try something new
If it melts the vessel, then I'm not sure about the health of your inside

But Mal, you only get one shot to get it right!, if you miss, heads will roll!