Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Aug 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3760327)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lowndes' Last Full Time Year In 2018?

Story Here

Likely to be a codriver for '19 if this is true, and would make a good pilot for a AGT team as well...

Presuming it's real...

Although they are probably the most up-Lowndes comments around, not talking up the future as hard as he always had.

A big call to be made next year sometime.

Who knows, perhaps his form will be more consistent across the whole weekend?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Aug 2017, 07:16 (Ref:3760337)   #2
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When it happens it will definitely be the end of an era.

If it's in 2019 though, that would be like Brock and Johnson retiring at the end of 1989.
Old 19 Aug 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3760370)   #3
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Story Here

Likely to be a codriver for '19 if this is true, and would make a good pilot for a AGT team as well...

Presuming it's real...

Although they are probably the most up-Lowndes comments around, not talking up the future as hard as he always had.

A big call to be made next year sometime.

Who knows, perhaps his form will be more consistent across the whole weekend?
Maybe you should rename the title GTRMagic, the first pargraph says:

Craig Lowndes has revealed that a performance review at the end of next season will dictate whether he remains in a full-time Supercars drive in 2019.
This is not saying he will not be racing in 2019, it means that he has a performance review at the end of 2018 to see if he will drive on in 2019, same as any other driver, footballer or any other person who are employed by contracts either party or both parties can put a performance clause in the contract.
Old 19 Aug 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3760413)   #4
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
When it happens it will definitely be the end of an era.
Don't forget Mr. Bright and Mr. Tander still plugging around!

Could Mr. Campbell or Mr. Mostert be lined up to pilot the #888?
Old 19 Aug 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3760466)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Possible to see Mr. Mostert moving back home in Brisbane. But most logical would be Will Davison in the #888 car since he's the most familiar at the moment with Triple Eight equipment plus he's good friends with Shane and Jamie. (Plus when Jamie and Will started out shared a house on the Gold Coast)
Old 20 Aug 2017, 01:40 (Ref:3760485)   #6
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say without Lowndes the third car in the team doesn't exist.

It reads to me like Lowndes expects to be in the car two years, Dane expects him to be in the car for two years, but if they are having a shocker next year and don't want to continue, there is a part of the contract that addresses that.

Nothing in the article suggests he is "likely to be a co-driver in '19"
Old 23 Aug 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3761099)   #7
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Lowndes will leave, he never once mentions leaving, he says the team will evaluate, which is what all teams have always done, another article blown out, he has been evaluated last, year before that. Part of the way teams operate
Old 23 Aug 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3761138)   #8
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Lowndes' Last Full Time Year In 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I'd say without Lowndes the third car in the team doesn't exist.

Pretty much. No Lowndes. No Caltex. No third car.

Lowndes is a licence to print money as far as merch and sponsorship goes. You go to any Supercar race and whose garage do you find a lot of fans hanging around? I'd say unless the results go south in a big way it's his choice.

When he stops full time I'd be highly surprised if they kept running a third car and with Lowndes gone they'll have to replace Caltex.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3761140)   #9
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Rich said
Old 23 Aug 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3761141)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only reason the third car exists is because of Lowndes. This is fairly well-known in the industry.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3761144)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and if there is no buyer for the REC?
Old 24 Aug 2017, 03:04 (Ref:3761307)   #12
TubbyDave
Rookie

TubbyDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hand the REC back?
Old 24 Aug 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3761363)   #13
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Possible to see Mr. Mostert moving back home in Brisbane. But most logical would be Will Davison in the #888 car since he's the most familiar at the moment with Triple Eight equipment plus he's good friends with Shane and Jamie. (Plus when Jamie and Will started out shared a house on the Gold Coast)
Ya killing me Surely not !
WD and logical doesn't fit in the same sentence.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 04:25 (Ref:3770843)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lowndes To Drive At Bathurst When He Is 50...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Oct 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3770851)   #15
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why not, Jim Richards proved to be a great co driver for his age
Old 1 Oct 2017, 08:08 (Ref:3770869)   #16
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Why not, Jim Richards proved to be a great co driver for his age
Didn't he retire from co-driver duties when he was nudging 60+?
Old 2 Oct 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3771196)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Certainly Lowndes would be a coveted co-driver. Experience counts for so much at Bathurst.

With the current rules he could sneak in some more wins even after hanging up the helmet full time.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 02:28 (Ref:3771661)   #18
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"the man hired by Holden to take over from Brock is just three wins away from equaling his mentor’s record."

One of your best James... just 3x Bathurst wins out of the next 7 starts.
No biggie.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3771662)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
"the man hired by Holden to take over from Brock is just three wins away from equaling his mentor’s record."

One of your best James... just 3x Bathurst wins out of the next 7 starts.
No biggie.
Brock had 6 win in 7 starts, so Lowndes has to be a chance

Last edited by peckstar; 4 Oct 2017 at 02:45.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 03:44 (Ref:3773335)   #20
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite Triple 8 showing not a lot of pace at Bathurst, the 88 and 97 were fast at different stages over the weekend, including SVG threatening for a win late, but Lowndes was nowhere all weekend, the first time I reckon I've ever seen him down so low and not be able to grab it by the scruff of the neck an drag upwards. Maybe his time is getting close to up? Or is that too harsh?
Old 10 Oct 2017, 03:57 (Ref:3773340)   #21
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Despite Triple 8 showing not a lot of pace at Bathurst, the 88 and 97 were fast at different stages over the weekend, including SVG threatening for a win late, but Lowndes was nowhere all weekend, the first time I reckon I've ever seen him down so low and not be able to grab it by the scruff of the neck an drag upwards. Maybe his time is getting close to up? Or is that too harsh?
Didn't the 888 car have some mysterious problem which is yet to be revealed?

What was apparent though was Lowndes' comparison to Brock didn't extend to getting TV coverage even while circulating in a lowly position.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 04:34 (Ref:3773346)   #22
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
We've seen it happen time and time again, Murf, Skaife and co, just couldnt keep up with the younger ones "generally"
Old 11 Oct 2017, 02:01 (Ref:3773550)   #23
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
What was apparent though was Lowndes' comparison to Brock didn't extend to getting TV coverage even while circulating in a lowly position.
Brock was still competitive in '96 and '97 though, tends to lay the earlier lack of competitiveness at the feet of the middling nature of the Advantage Racing equipment rather lack of driving skill.

Not sure why Brockie didn't keep driving the enduros, would have been a shoe-in for the Skaife victories in '01 and '02; instead of only coming back to drive with Plato and Baird in later years.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 02:59 (Ref:3773558)   #24
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Brock was still competitive in '96 and '97 though, tends to lay the earlier lack of competitiveness at the feet of the middling nature of the Advantage Racing equipment rather lack of driving skill.

Not sure why Brockie didn't keep driving the enduros, would have been a shoe-in for the Skaife victories in '01 and '02; instead of only coming back to drive with Plato and Baird in later years.
The point being though, I don't think the channel 10 camera pointed to the 888 Lowndes car once during their telecast.