Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Nov 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3480249)   #1
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it worth it for a Paddock pass?

I'm just wondering whether it's worth in getting a Paddock pass. As I'm there all week and camping in EPINETTES as well. If someone could post on here the advantages of getting a Paddock pass that would be grateful. As I do really want to get one but don't really want to waste my money.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3480253)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well to be honest, no you can get into the paddock earlier in the week and on friday so spend the money on something else instead, like some good stuff to bring to the saturday meet.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3480330)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never had one. They cost a pretty penny, don't they?
Old 30 Nov 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3480338)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They are not cheap even with your ACO discount they are over Euro 100
Old 30 Nov 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3480365)   #5
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it being sold seperatly from pitlane???? Combination costs over €450. If so does it give acces to the 'secret tunnel' halfway the pitstraight?
Old 30 Nov 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3480379)   #6
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Is it being sold seperatly from pitlane???? Combination costs over €450. If so does it give acces to the 'secret tunnel' halfway the pitstraight?
What secret tunnel? Where is this?
Old 30 Nov 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3480390)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
not sure either, only know the one at the start of the pit straight that always smells of wee
Old 30 Nov 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3480397)   #8
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
What secret tunnel? Where is this?
It's lokated on one side (finish) of the ACO GS and leeds you under the track straight into the paddock.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3480429)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, it's not worth it. if you're desperate to get into the paddock then head to the silverstone wec and elms rounds in april, you can get a good idea of what you'd be paying for...
Old 30 Nov 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3480432)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
It's lokated on one side (finish) of the ACO GS and leeds you under the track straight into the paddock.
well that is something i did not know about, proving that even after 30 years you can still find something new
Old 30 Nov 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3480453)   #11
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well that is something i did not know about, proving that even after 30 years you can still find something new
And that is what makes LM so special.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3480462)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
And in 6 months time we will all be there again
Old 30 Nov 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3480474)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a second tunnel running along the length of the pit lane, its accessed through the paddock tunnel. Not sure what its used for.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3480489)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Again I know nothing about that one either Sam, anyone else know more about it?
Old 30 Nov 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3480491)   #15
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
There is a second tunnel running along the length of the pit lane, its accessed through the paddock tunnel. Not sure what its used for.
Intriguing. Urbex meets Le Mans via Subterranean La Sarthe.

What more bits of hidden Le Mans are there to be discovered?
Old 30 Nov 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3480507)   #16
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Intriguing. Urbex meets Le Mans via Subterranean La Sarthe.

What more bits of hidden Le Mans are there to be discovered?
I so want to find some hidden Le Mans places! Are we able to get into the Support paddock by the way?
Old 1 Dec 2014, 05:27 (Ref:3480587)   #17
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it's not worth it. During the week, except a few hours before and during track action, there are multiple ways to get in the pitlane and paddock for free
Old 1 Dec 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3480689)   #18
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I will actually pony up for a pitwalk + T34 pass for 2015... hoping it is actually worth it. Might be a one-time thing, but I think I have to do it at least once.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3480704)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Never heard of it. Are you sure??
Old 1 Dec 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3480731)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I will actually pony up for a pitwalk + T34 pass for 2015... hoping it is actually worth it. Might be a one-time thing, but I think I have to do it at least once.
t34 is where the cool kids sit anyway i think in your shoes it's not a bad thing - like you say, got to do it at least once so you've done it. for a first time visitor i think it's more something you need to figure out if you actually want from the le mans experience.

not being allowed in the paddock is frustrating if you're a circuit regular, but then again because there's so much going on outside the paddock then you don't really register it as a place you wish you were. if that makes sense.

Last edited by bella; 1 Dec 2014 at 13:51.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3480770)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If you're there early enough, you can wander the paddock - if not the pitlane. We had a good mosey around there on the Tuesday this year.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5310.JPG  
Old 1 Dec 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3480775)   #22
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If you're there early enough, you can wander the paddock - if not the pitlane. We had a good mosey around there on the Tuesday this year.....
I was there on Tuesday this year. Got about 55 drivers autographs in the paddock. Including Patrick Dempsey.

Really looking forward to next year.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3480781)   #23
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Never heard of it. Are you sure??
100% when I became a ACO member last year I was lucky enough to be invited for a VIP tour during the race and walked through this tunnel. Even had the opportunitie to look arround in the UFO right in the hart of racecontrol.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3480807)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, you really do learn something...... every 29 years.......
Old 1 Dec 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3480816)   #25
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
100% when I became a ACO member last year I was lucky enough to be invited for a VIP tour during the race and walked through this tunnel. Even had the opportunitie to look arround in the UFO right in the hart of racecontrol.
Got any pictures of the entrances?