Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Dec 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3484372)   #1
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets question (first timer)

Hey guys,
I've been to the test day the last two years and next year I will attend the race. I see at lemans. org tickets are already available.
I'm going to stay there the whole week from Monday to Monday after the race. Hotel already booked. Now, since my dad wants some rest from walking sometimes, we decided to buy grandstands tickets. We are interested in the grandstand at the Ford chicane (Dunlop already sold out), which is 90€.
What do you think about that? I like it because you see the cars going into the fast last sector, pit entry and the straight. Plus there should be a big screen, which is important to follow the race IMHO.
Second question, does that ticket include general entry, so I can walk from there to the Dunlop chicane and Tertre Rouge? Is it valid also for Arnage and Mulsanne and is it valid for the entire week?
Regarding parking ticket, what do you suggest? I was thinking at the blue zone, but then if I want to take my car to Mulsanne and Arnage, am I allowed to park there or is another ticket required?
Thanks for your time
Old 12 Dec 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3484393)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
welcome to the start of a new habit

the grandstand tickets are an addition to the general admission, so you do still have to buy general admission too.

is the stand you're talking about by the ford chicane called raccordement? in which case i think that's a pretty solid choice for all the reasons you mention. there's also a decent crepe stand nearby

i think the sensible way of looking at it is that your seat should be what you want to see for the start and for the finish of the race. so for example, i like t34 because it's protected a little from the worst of the weather, and it gives a good view of the grid, and the finish. dunlop for me is a bit overrated - the start must be good from there but otherwise it's one to visit during the wee small hours to see the brakes glow, and the sun rise. on the other hand, loads of people love dunlop especially *for* the start. but for me it misses the atmosphere around the grid - that's pretty awesome.

this year during qualifying we tried the grandstands just before the turn-in point to the first corner area, and that was pretty good for seeing the cars at speed, but not just on a straight. so even if you settle for something different for your race grandstand ticket, remember you can sit in any grandstand during the rest of the week and do some quality exploring

the other guys will be able to advise on mulsanne and arnage
Old 12 Dec 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3484408)   #3
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Thanks!
Yes, it's the raccordement. I will also walk around during the race. During my trips at the test day I explored pretty much all the track so during the week I will take some view from the grandstands that won't be available on saturday and sunday.
You think parking my car will be a problem?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3484412)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i usually camp, so i can't advise reliably but for the actual race i believe you have to buy a parking pass, even for the main area of the circuit? if that's the case, with the pace of ticket sales at the moment you might want to buy a parking ticket at the same time as buying your grandstand so you don't need to worry about it.

i think we've had the discussion about parking at arnage and whether you need a parking pass at all times, that's something ayse in particular has wisdom about.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3484418)   #5
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Thanks!

You think parking my car will be a problem?
Investment in a Parking Blanc pass would be a very good idea.
It gives you a numbered spot as close as is possible to Raccordement grandstand.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3484444)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you want to get out to Arnage and Indianapolis (and believe me, you do!), you want to buy a parking pass for those corner enclosures. Others will tell you you don't need one, but even for qually on Wednesday night this year, we were made to show our parking ticket. They're pretty cheap, so worth getting anyway.

T34 is a good stand - sat in their back in 1992 and for qually in 2010. Wouldn't mind a bit of time in there again during qually next year - but it does get very popular.

Blue or Blanc parking will be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
92s104.jpg   IMG_0073.JPG  
Old 12 Dec 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3484469)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep in addition to your GS seat you will need two parking passes on for the main area and one for arnarge/mulsanne however during the race getting to arnarge/mulsanne will be a long process and you will spend hours in the car, we prefer to go there during qualy when it is easier to travel about
Old 12 Dec 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3484501)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends who is driving Simon - if you know your way really well, it's not too bad at all. But if you're only going to go the once, I agree, do it during qually on Wednesday or Thursday - but you really ought to do Arnage at dusk/night.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3484683)   #9
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yep in addition to your GS seat you will need two parking passes on for the main area and one for arnarge/mulsanne however during the race getting to arnarge/mulsanne will be a long process and you will spend hours in the car, we prefer to go there during qualy when it is easier to travel about
you need to go about 5.30am then there is no queue and no need for a pass
Old 14 Dec 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3484919)   #10
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
There should be a shuttle service going to Arnage and Mulsanne. What about that? BTW I also bought the Arnage/Mulsanne parking ticket
Old 14 Dec 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3484973)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The shuttle service gets stuck in exactly the same traffic jams as everyone else, and you can end up waiting ages for the bus at both arnarge and mulsanne
Old 14 Dec 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3484989)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You'll wait longer for the bus than driving, that's for sure. Never had much hold up in the traffic personally - and we go out to both Arnage and Mulsanne both in qually and during the race (early hours Sunday for the latter).
Old 14 Dec 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3484996)   #13
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The shuttle service gets stuck in exactly the same traffic jams as everyone else, and you can end up waiting ages for the bus at both arnarge and mulsanne
Always tend to get the bus in the morning around 7am on Sunday. Never been caught in traffic but you need to factor in the waiting line to get back to the circuit. It's quite common you'll need to wait for at least three buses, especially from Arnage because they are full of people going to Mulsanne.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3485000)   #14
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which bus do you get? We've tried twice and waited for an hour for absolutely nothing.

Needing a parking pass for Mulsanne/Arnage is news to me - does that mean my Houx camping sticker counts? Never had a problem parking there?
Old 14 Dec 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3485002)   #15
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it possible to use a bicycle to reach Arnace & Mulsanne or will it take longer than bus or car?
Old 14 Dec 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3485004)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Which bus do you get? We've tried twice and waited for an hour for absolutely nothing.
If you go out of the main entrance, across the road and into a gravel carpark there's often a small but confused looking group of people. If you wait there a bus will eventually turn up but it doesn't surprise me it took so long.

It seems to be quite inconsistent and there's no timetable. I struggle to believe the buses are on all night during the race even though that's what it implies.

We've got on the bus four years running but it's not a particularly enjoyable experience. I think we'd be over the alcohol limit though for much of the race so it's a compromise.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3485016)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Needing a parking pass for Mulsanne/Arnage is news to me - does that mean my Houx camping sticker counts? Never had a problem parking there?
We've bought the Arnage/Mulsanne parking tickets for quite a few years now, but most of the time never had to show them. This year, it was quite clear, even at Mulsanne on Wednesday night, we weren't getting in without one.....
Old 14 Dec 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3485031)   #18
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Is it possible to use a bicycle to reach Arnace & Mulsanne or will it take longer than bus or car?
It is possible, but unless you are good off road, you will have to follow the same roads as in a car, so therefore slower.
Compared to the Bus, I do not know
Old 15 Dec 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3485138)   #19
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It is possible, but unless you are good off road, you will have to follow the same roads as in a car, so therefore slower.
Compared to the Bus, I do not know
Its not slower if you do the trip during the busy periods as you can skip the jams
Old 15 Dec 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3485155)   #20
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We've bought the Arnage/Mulsanne parking tickets for quite a few years now, but most of the time never had to show them. This year, it was quite clear, even at Mulsanne on Wednesday night, we weren't getting in without one.....
Very true, for many years we didn't buy Arnage/Mulsane parking tickets, always visit early morning on sunday when it is very quiet, last year we were denied acces.
This year to be on the safe side, I have bought parking tickets. They only cost arround €10,-
Old 15 Dec 2014, 10:51 (Ref:3485180)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Its not slower if you do the trip during the busy periods as you can skip the jams
How? most of the roads are one way and the bus will be in exactly the same jam as all the cars
Old 15 Dec 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3485192)   #22
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If you go out of the main entrance, across the road and into a gravel carpark there's often a small but confused looking group of people. If you wait there a bus will eventually turn up but it doesn't surprise me it took so long.

It seems to be quite inconsistent and there's no timetable. I struggle to believe the buses are on all night during the race even though that's what it implies.

We've got on the bus four years running but it's not a particularly enjoyable experience. I think we'd be over the alcohol limit though for much of the race so it's a compromise.
That's where we tried to get it from. After waiting between 9.30 and 11, we missed it getting dark in 2012. Took a bit of magic out of the race and left us thoroughly annoyed with the organisation of the race. The workers at the bus stop didn't seem bothered whether we caught it or not.

It would have been quicker to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We went on Thursday night and weren't asked for anything. We must have fluked it.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3485268)   #23
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Quote:
How? most of the roads are one way and the bus will be in exactly the same jam as all the cars
Mal is talking about taking the bike, Simon .

But your are right Mal, but it is not often that the jams are that heavy. (that's my experience at least)