Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2003, 23:47 (Ref:623433)   #51
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news, my information pack from MRI arrived yesterday morning, leaving on from Sheffield at 13.30, Le Mans he we come.......
Old 7 Jun 2003, 07:17 (Ref:623614)   #52
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally got my details too! Have to go to High Wyconbe though - not enough people for a Reading pick-up
Old 7 Jun 2003, 07:22 (Ref:623617)   #53
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The english population increases each year at LM : don't you think you should buy the area ? ACO maybe ?

BTW, ACO is looking for ideas to promote the race for french people ; except Le Mans and La Sarthe inhabitant, the race became anonymous in the end of the 70', after Renault victory... there's still fans, but the public is not interrested any more ; not talking about the desesperating coverage by french TV horrendous and cheap...
Old 7 Jun 2003, 07:52 (Ref:623633)   #54
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
what ?? french tv is covering Le Mans ?
I'll probably stay at home, then
Old 7 Jun 2003, 09:28 (Ref:623689)   #55
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
Will you ? Hey chaps ! There's a fine grandstand place to take here ! Come on !

BTW, you won't spent lot of time facing the telly : most of the week-end is spoiled by tennis
Old 8 Jun 2003, 00:06 (Ref:624175)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
And as the English saying goes Bernard, If you believe that, you'll believe anything!.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 08:42 (Ref:625375)   #57
rigbyed
Rookie

rigbyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, a complete change of plan over the weekend, rang up Eurostar just on the off chance that they had a train directly down to le mans, they did for £79, so I booked it straight away. Leave friday morning get dopwn in the afternoon, wander around. Leave on the monday morning and be back in london for lunch!
Just a couple of questions:
¥ Is there any qualifying going on on Friday?
¥ Where can I pitch a tent, cheaply?
¥ Do I need to buy general admission tickets of page and moy or someone like that, or can I buy them at le man?
¥ Anybody going to be down there on the Friday for a beer !?!?
Old 9 Jun 2003, 09:07 (Ref:625398)   #58
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am also travelling with MRI, being picked up at 5.00pm from Northampton. Which coach number
are you on rd?
Old 9 Jun 2003, 09:12 (Ref:625403)   #59
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chezza
Am also travelling with MRI, being picked up at 5.00pm from Northampton. Which coach number
are you on rd?
That very same coach - I get on in Sheffield at 1.30
Old 9 Jun 2003, 09:25 (Ref:625425)   #60
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rigbyed
Right, a complete change of plan over the weekend, rang up Eurostar just on the off chance that they had a train directly down to le mans, they did for £79, so I booked it straight away. Leave friday morning get dopwn in the afternoon, wander around. Leave on the monday morning and be back in london for lunch!
Just a couple of questions:
¥ Is there any qualifying going on on Friday?
¥ Where can I pitch a tent, cheaply?
¥ Do I need to buy general admission tickets of page and moy or someone like that, or can I buy them at le man?
¥ Anybody going to be down there on the Friday for a beer !?!?
In answear to you question
1. there is no qualifying friday. but the pits are open to wander round.
2. buy you ticket on the gate.
3. you should have no problem pitching a tent pretty much anywhere if you don't have a car. just find a site and wander in.
4. Petty much every one will be heading into the city friday for the parade, cold beer etc. A Bus service operates from the track or get a taxi.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 09:30 (Ref:625438)   #61
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see, was just wondering if there might be more than one coach doing that set of pick ups!

Will probably see you on friday then!!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 10:48 (Ref:625537)   #62
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Quote:
I see, was just wondering if there might be more than one coach doing that set of pick ups!
So which number coach are you two on? I know the one I'm one is coming from the North but I can't remember right now which stops it's doing.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:26 (Ref:625776)   #63
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I'm on number 8.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:30 (Ref:625785)   #64
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
I'm on number 8.
ditto - It start up in Newcastle
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:42 (Ref:625808)   #65
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
It does, were getting on at Northampton...have to say that it seems to be a long while on a coach!!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:47 (Ref:625820)   #66
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
You're in luck. I'm on no 7!!!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:52 (Ref:625828)   #67
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
It does, were getting on at Northampton...have to say that it seems to be a long while on a coach!!
It does, but they will be a few hearty soles making the trip from the North-east (bet it's the same guys as last year) - there is a comfort break after Sheffield, which is about 30 mins after I get on the coach, oh well never mind
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:59 (Ref:625839)   #68
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
You think that's bad. The coach I'm on starts at Glasgow. Can't imagine travelling that sort of distance.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:02 (Ref:625846)   #69
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynic
You think that's bad. The coach I'm on starts at Glasgow. Can't imagine travelling that sort of distance.
Yes, but thing where the coachs are going to end up - Le Mans the greatest Motor Race in the world
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:13 (Ref:625867)   #70
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Yeah thats true!!! have been on a coach for 21 hours before so this hopefully shouldn't be too bad!!!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:06 (Ref:625945)   #71
rigbyed
Rookie

rigbyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Nordic only just checked the website again, ordered my race tickets should be arriving tommorow.
Anybody else going down by train?
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:56 (Ref:626023)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just pray you guys have got a decent driver (and, with luck John Mazur as your tour guide - seriously, if you do get big John - you'll be OK).

I only say that as in 1998, we had a driver who had clearly never been to the circuit before, and a tour guide on his first outing for MRI. Neither of them really knew how to get there. I think my briefing was supposed to be at 11.00 a.m. and we arrived at 1.30 p.m. - and that was the year of the 2.00 p.m. race start!!!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Jun 2003 at 15:57.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 16:00 (Ref:626034)   #73
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I think we our tour guide was called Phil last year, he was a nice bloke, we shall see what happens on Friday.......
Old 9 Jun 2003, 16:04 (Ref:626036)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just phoned MRI for you Rob. They said that unfortunately they haven't got a tour guide for your trip, but would you mind doing it?

You'll have to stay at the coach throughout the whole 24 hours, but I said you wouldn't mind. After all, you will still be there, won;t you - even if you don't see a car with it's wheels turning......

Old 9 Jun 2003, 16:35 (Ref:626075)   #75
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I just phoned MRI for you Rob. They said that unfortunately they haven't got a tour guide for your trip, but would you mind doing it?

You'll have to stay at the coach throughout the whole 24 hours, but I said you wouldn't mind. After all, you will still be there, won;t you - even if you don't see a car with it's wheels turning......

Not on your life - I have spent the last 359 days wait for Le Mans to come round again, only 6 days to go