Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 11 Jul 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1653427)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Island

Designed as a cross between, the island/park circuit of Montreal, and a Champcar style street circuit, The Island is in a ficticious stretch of waterway, that runs through a very major city somewhere in the world.

The Circuit runs clockwise through 12 turns and measures approximately 2.5 miles (4km).
There is very little run off due to the nature of the circuit, however most turns to have a small "run wide" area before reaching the red and white tyre walls.

Roads linking the Island and circuit to the either shore are are all suspended above the level of the Island on Bridges. As shown each each of these has junctions for exiting onto the Island. The road network of the Island hasn't been shown, other than for access to the Pit area.

From the start finish straight, T1 is a left hander of slightly more than 90 degrees, with a dit of straight on run off that tapers down to the tyre wall and a little grass before the conrete wall on the outside.T2 also a left hander again however this time the concrete barriers are far enough back not to come into play. Next is a double Right hander of T3 and T4, between the approach to T3 and the exit of T4 is a Butress for the bridge carrying the Public Road that passes overhead.T5 is a fairly open (as much as this circuit allows) 90 degree right hander, That leads onto a short straight. T6 Starts off as a fairly tight right hander, but opens out as the corner continues onto the back straight. There is no run off or tyre wall on this corner so drivers beware.
T7 is a left flick with run off space for those how miss judge the entry.
T8 is a sqare right hander that leads down a short straight into T9 and T10 known as the zigzag. Both corvers are approximately 135 degrees, T9 being a tight - near hairpin left hander with T10 being a more open right hander.
T11 is the last reals corner on the circuit following on fairly qucikly from T10, it's a square 90 degree turn that leads through a very slight right hand flick that is officially termed T12 onto the start/finish straight. T12 has no margin for error as it has no run off only a tyre wall that is right on the edge of the circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Island.jpg  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1653564)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's okay. But not the best I've seen from you.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1653602)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Turn 6 is too dangerous.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1653833)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick
I think Turn 6 is too dangerous.
Actually it is very loosly designed around Turn 8 at the Adelaide Parkland circuit now used in it's abreviated form for the Australian V8 Supercar series.

The current Turn 8 at Adelaide is actually the re-join to the former GP circuit.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1653957)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure there is actually some run off at that corner at Adelaide though.

I think I agree with V8's overall assessment really.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 01:54 (Ref:1654060)   #6
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I'm sure there is actually some run off at that corner at Adelaide though.

I think I agree with V8's overall assessment really.
I don't think there is actually, though I may be wrong. There certainly isn't on any of the sims & I can't remember seeing any there in races. All it is really is a flat out kink more than a proper corner. However, this corner looks to be quite a lot tighter than that kink & therefore, more dangerous.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion