Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 4 Apr 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2858502)   #101
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
So is the tri-oval banked at all mate?

Selby
Old 4 Apr 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2858881)   #102
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice work! If you omit the left side that's one of the most "spaniard" tracks I've seen from you!
Still my favorite for the season is the previous one, it has the features I like as a racer.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2858983)   #103
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
So is the tri-oval banked at all mate?

Selby
Not a lot, no. Each corner is mildly banked, but they vary, 6-8 degrees.
Don't forget Milwaukee has a 6 degree banking.....

Theres no need for a huge banking and its not built as a superspeedway. The oval is just an optional layout for something different as a result of yannicks suggestion.
I don't think you can build a great speedway and merge it with a great road circuit and have them both be super successful.
Rockhampton would be a prime example of what happens when you try to do both.
Daytona runs a great 24hr race but the track isn't an example of a great road circuit. It has a great race yes, but thats not quite the same thing.
At best you get one track being great and the other being an add-on for club racing or as a secondary option.

Oh that other feature..... I remembered. It can be run in both directions....

Last edited by Teretonga; 5 Apr 2011 at 08:36.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 07:11 (Ref:2863587)   #104
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm happy you liked the idea. If I was a series organizer like I pretended to be in the thread where I posted the tracks to the OtherWorld(ly) Series, I'd surely like to visit your place Athena.
Old 16 Jul 2011, 06:16 (Ref:2927322)   #105
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Waldorf is a 3.33m (5.78km) clockwise circuit.
Interestingly it might be better in the other direction (change the gravel traps).
It has a 2.205m short track there too.
Attached Thumbnails
waldorf 3.33m 5.jpg  
Old 10 Sep 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2953436)   #106
Teretonga
Veteran

Ages since I looked in here but it seems to have been pretty quiet while I was away.
Emma (shes cute-nice to name tracks after friends....) is a 3.3 mile clockwise road track with a shorter version (2.5 miles).
The front and back sections are separated by a small valley so after the first corner you swing through a series of downhill esses(A bit like Rouen) till the 180 degree corner at the bottom and then a long uphill straight. The short cut through id actually quite steep as it climbs back up the the plateau where the back straight is.

The section back to the pits is a bit reminiscent of the style of Spa at the end of the straight after Eau Rouge, sweeping down hill then back up to the final turn.
Attached Thumbnails
Emma 3.3 (5.jpg  
Old 31 Mar 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3227183)   #107
Teretonga
Veteran

I have decided to revise some of my tracks so here are a few and some new ones, all in basic sketch up right now.
Three tracks are road race tracks and the two shorter ones are kart tracks. The names simply denote the regions I was thinking of when I drew them. The numbers refer to their length so its easy to follow.
Track two (China 1206) is a CIK kart track of 1206m. Track four is a 878m club kart track designed for a tight restrictive space so it folds back on itself to maximise length in the given space.
The other three are road race circuits two of which have a length of over three miles. Track three is shorter, more a national circuit than an international one.
Attached Thumbnails
bangkok 4780.png   china 1208m.jpg   China 2600-3734m.jpg  

christchurch 859m.png   hyderabad 2.jpg  

Last edited by Teretonga; 31 Mar 2013 at 10:58.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3289883)   #108
Teretonga
Veteran

So I took my advice and got a hold of Tropicana Field to do my own version. It follows the other but the infield is different.
Attached Thumbnails
Tropicana field 2.jpg  
Old 17 Aug 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3290853)   #109
TheNotSoHidden
Rookie

TheNotSoHidden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've got a nice revision of Tropicana there,though I decided to make full use of the parking lot in the infield,given the lack of space on the streets itself,thus making the track look slow. Your track is a good,if not better,revision of my track. Well played.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3290909)   #110
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I have decided to revise some of my tracks so here are a few and some new ones, all in basic sketch up right now.
Three tracks are road race tracks and the two shorter ones are kart tracks. The names simply denote the regions I was thinking of when I drew them. The numbers refer to their length so its easy to follow.
Track two (China 1206) is a CIK kart track of 1206m. Track four is a 878m club kart track designed for a tight restrictive space so it folds back on itself to maximise length in the given space.
The other three are road race circuits two of which have a length of over three miles. Track three is shorter, more a national circuit than an international one.
You have got some pretty interesting color schemes going on there. They kind of remind me of the advertising stickers depicting the tracks which my uncle brought home in the 70s when he went to motor races. These have been my initial inspiration to draw my own circuit designs back in the early 90s.

Now that 2nd track in the first column should be even better when run clockwise.
The others, though, could use some more natural shapes for the straights: the old Hockenheim's straights aren't all that straight either. The way you have drawn them here is the way they would look in some ancient video game from the 80s: a simplification of things. I don't know if you wanted to achieve that look. If so, it worked quite well.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3291849)   #111
Teretonga
Veteran

Here are two with a more 'natural' look...
Attached Thumbnails
Barbi 2.8.jpg   Barbi 2.76.jpg