Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 2 Mar 2015, 01:30 (Ref:3510534)   #2551
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I can't believe that newspapers sign these kind of marketing deals.
It's just a contra deal. Not every paper can sell 100% of it's ad space all the time, so they flog that off to the series and the series puts their name out there.

Mostly how USA Today stays alive is doing deals to sell papers to hotel chains to hand out for free to their loyalty card members who are typically business travelers. When you wake up in the morning the paper is at your door. Kinda like CNN, CNN has appalling viewer numbers but they stay in business by doing deals to buy TV's, install them in airports and other high traffic public areas and play CNN all day.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3511721)   #2552
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Teams get road/street and short-oval aero-kits.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117900
Old 6 Mar 2015, 01:09 (Ref:3512299)   #2553
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not exactly IndyCar news but it could have implications regarding participating in the 500 and the IndyCar series.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117922
Old 6 Mar 2015, 06:58 (Ref:3512350)   #2554
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did anyone else notice the IndyCar backdrop in Will Smith's new movie Focus?

It doesnt seem to paint team owners in a good light, that all of them paid Mr Smith for the fruits of industrial espionage....

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Mar 2015, 13:14 (Ref:3512471)   #2555
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New TV-deal in place for Sweden. All IndyCar races will be shown on Viasat Motor this year. Not sure if this includes other countries in Scandinavia where Viasat Motor is available (like in Norway, for example), but I would assume so.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3512704)   #2556
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
New TV-deal in place for Sweden. All IndyCar races will be shown on Viasat Motor this year. Not sure if this includes other countries in Scandinavia where Viasat Motor is available (like in Norway, for example), but I would assume so.
Awesome news! Now I don't have to search for streams every sunday!
Old 8 Mar 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3512923)   #2557
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Did anyone else notice the IndyCar backdrop in Will Smith's new movie Focus?

It doesnt seem to paint team owners in a good light, that all of them paid Mr Smith for the fruits of industrial espionage....

I reckon most people will recognise its a fictional movie.

Carlos Munoz did the driving for the film
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3513417)   #2558
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Coletti gets KV drive.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/03/...ing-Technology
Old 10 Mar 2015, 01:16 (Ref:3513520)   #2559
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Honda Racing/HPD have posted these renderings of their aero-kit, on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD

Old 10 Mar 2015, 01:33 (Ref:3513525)   #2560
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like the Engine cover area.

Plenty of downforce on the car. Will be interesting to see the impact on lap time
Old 10 Mar 2015, 01:50 (Ref:3513527)   #2561
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Compare and contrast.

Old 10 Mar 2015, 02:48 (Ref:3513532)   #2562
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!

That is seriously ugly,looks like something Mad Max dreamed up.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 02:55 (Ref:3513533)   #2563
D.R.T.
Veteran

If it is fast then I think they will be fairly happy.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 03:26 (Ref:3513542)   #2564
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... who exactly asked for these new aerokits??

Jeez...
Old 10 Mar 2015, 03:37 (Ref:3513545)   #2565
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much winglets can Honda get in order to stay competitive? But hey, it's better than having the generic Dallara bodykit!
Old 10 Mar 2015, 03:44 (Ref:3513546)   #2566
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is the new Honda kit *really* a decent evolution from..

Old 10 Mar 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3513677)   #2567
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Those stills look completely daft, no two bits about it.

A more grotesque version of the 97 Tyrrell, with these odd looking winglets incongruently bolted on. And there seems to be too much real estate at the back, it weakens the idea that they are open wheeled racers at all

But I need to see these cars in action and together. Strange and terrifying can carry an appeal. As long as they don't come across as fat, slow and of the middle rank in single seater terms, then it's OK.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3513948)   #2568
hotlavaaaa
Rookie

hotlavaaaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Faster and a new and different kind of ugly is better than not as fast and the same old ugly.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3514008)   #2569
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlavaaaa View Post
Faster and a new and different kind of ugly is better than not as fast and the same old ugly.
Faster and a new kind of ugly.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3514036)   #2570
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Looking at the front wing of Mercedes's 2015 F1 contender,

It's got nothing on Honda's 2015 short oval/road course front wing.

Old 11 Mar 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3514063)   #2571
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Those stills look completely daft, no two bits about it.

A more grotesque version of the 97 Tyrrell, with these odd looking winglets incongruently bolted on. And there seems to be too much real estate at the back, it weakens the idea that they are open wheeled racers at all

But I need to see these cars in action and together. Strange and terrifying can carry an appeal. As long as they don't come across as fat, slow and of the middle rank in single seater terms, then it's OK.
Until one piece breaks off, and then the car loses downforce, and they need to make a nosecone change.. and blow $200k to replace it, what with all those pieces of lovingly made carbon fibre
Old 11 Mar 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3514134)   #2572
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Cautions are going to last until midday Tuesday this year trying to pick up half the garbage resulting from even a middling tangle....
Old 12 Mar 2015, 01:29 (Ref:3514350)   #2573
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Cautions are going to last until midday Tuesday this year trying to pick up half the garbage resulting from even a middling tangle....
Ahhh the good old days when wings were made from aluminium
Old 12 Mar 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3514510)   #2574
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Jeez...
Not me. THey look like the Cars tuners:

Old 12 Mar 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3514550)   #2575
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahem. That Panoz DP-01 was a spec racer, of course it wouldn't have mad wings on it.

Anyway..

That looks like a proper indycar to me.

How is it any different to what was?