Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 Sep 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3297810)   #1
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nationwide/Camping World Trucks at Mosport in 2014?

If NASCAR was paying attention yesterday to the crowd at Mosport (CTMP) (and you can believe they were) they must realize that the Nationwide Series needs to be at Mosport next year.

It should be there in a double-header with the Trucks in my opinion.

The Trucks had easily their biggest crowd of the season (outside of perhaps the opener at Daytona) at Mosport. Every nook and cranny was packed.

It was a terrific race too!!

They estimated 50,000 yesterday for the race, but I would say probably another 10-thousand more. I remember that they said there were about 80 thousand for the 1976 Formula One race, and I would say that the crowd yesterday for the trucks was not all that far off that attendance that day.

Ironically, we sat in pretty much the same place for both races.

Almost 40 years later, and Mosport (CTMP) is back in a big, big way, and I could not be happier to see it.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3298152)   #2
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great track that deserves atleast Nationwide, Mosport seemed to suit the heavy stockcars (trucks..) more than Mid Ohio in my opinion.

I hope NASCAR adds 1-2 more Road Courses to Sprint Cup (One in the chase) & Nationwide (Back to Mexico), they get good crowd attendance, more international exposure for sponsors and compared to many of the ovals much better racing.

Not to mention shows the drivers off as being more well rounded performers than many critics would believe.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3298154)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately, a cable outage due to a storm in the area caused my DVR to miss most of the event. However, the parts I did see, I noticed that the crowd was insane! It was the most people I have seen there, just being able to see trackside/people by the fence. I'd like to see the attendance figures and how they compare to other events. Would love to see the NW/Trucks double header, as long as the USCR gets an invite too.

And nice to see a Georgia Boy taking the first race there!
Old 10 Sep 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3301540)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Trucks are very well suited to a road course. Didn't know that.

Nationwide and Trucks would be a great event.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3301871)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Trucks are very well suited to a road course. Didn't know that.

Nationwide and Trucks would be a great event.
Oh yeah, the first couple years the just raced on short tracks and road courses... It was awesome.