Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Sep 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3304385)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rain let up, and the race is on! 50 laps in. One competition caution
Old 15 Sep 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3304408)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rain back and race stopped at lap 109. Not half way...rain looks like it'll stick around for a while.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3304508)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Back to green nearly five hours later...

Great start to the Chase.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3304575)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
How bout that! I made a good call on who to watch for. Kenseth and Kyle Busch 1-2. Brother Kurt two spots behind. I really felt Kyle was going to sweep the weekend, but that last restart he had no help.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3305007)   #30
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad to see Johnson didn't win it, if he's to get #6 I'd like him to work for it.

As for the race there's really not much to say, is there? Hopefully it'll be a sunny day at New Hampshire and fingers crossed we get a decent race with some of the action we've seen there in the past (including some fenders rubbin' and some tempers going ballistic).
Old 17 Sep 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3305150)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Chicagoland and New Hampshire start the Chase. Thrilling, ain't it?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3305194)   #32
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope non-chasers stick it up the chasers - dont just move over & let them pass! Put 'em in the wall, rubbin's racin' style...
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3305203)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Hope non-chasers stick it up the chasers - dont just move over & let them pass! Put 'em in the wall, rubbin's racin' style...
They better do it. If I see any deference or 'after you' stuff goin' on there'll be hell to pay. I'll be lighting up the comment columns on racer.com and firebreathin' on ten-tenths like there's no tomorrow. Brian France will hear of this with a very direct email from me that I'm sure he'll place at the top of his priority list if I have cause to send it!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3306147)   #34
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a few non-chasers might be encouraged to give the chrome horn to a certain driver from Kansas...............
Old 19 Sep 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3306222)   #35
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know where to put this so I'll put it here. NAPA leaves MWR.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109965
Old 20 Sep 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3306402)   #36
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'd consider what MWR did for the '07 Daytona 500 a more egregious form or cheating, but, whatever, it's NAPA's money, time and energy to do whatever they want with. I don't care that much about NAPA--I don't shop there, and there's not even one in the town where I live--or MWR. Mikey's a dope...

I do wonder if NAPA will stick around in NASCAR or bolt completely. If they leave NASCAR completely, what does that say about what they think of MWR and NASCAR?
Old 20 Sep 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3306410)   #37
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Don't know where to put this so I'll put it here. NAPA leaves MWR.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109965
Oh well, another chapter in "as the world turns".
Old 20 Sep 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3306554)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Chase thread....

Race this weekend, if you can call an event at NHMS a race.

JAYSKI
Old 21 Sep 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3307035)   #39
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty cool commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBKr21HSbs
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3307086)   #40
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I gotta admit that I like the fire that I see out of Newman and especially Gordon so far. Ryan's and Jeff's chase spots were "gifted" to them by NASCAR, but Ryan won the pole for Loudon and Jeff had that great comeback from that tire issue at Chicago and got a good finish out of it.

If Ryan and Jeff can run as well as they did the past few weeks and--especially in Jeff's case--not have any weird or freak things happen and get the finishes that their runs deserve, they can challenge for this thing...
Old 22 Sep 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3307415)   #41
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Rain could be an issue at New Hampshire: The National Weather Service forecast calls for showers, mainly before 11:00am/et, with a high near 67. The overall chance of precipitation is 100%. As long as the weather isn't slower move out than planned, it looks like there shouldn't be a problem getting the race in Sunday, although they could be a slight delay at the start. There are no lights at New Hampshire. For more weather info see the New Hampshire Race Info Page - weather section.(9-22-2013)
Old 23 Sep 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3308043)   #42
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if there's anyway to shorten races at NHMS by 150 laps, as the first half of the race made F1 look exciting.

Also slightly disappointed by the lack of conspiracy theores that Kahne deliberately bought out the yellow to ensure Bowyer stayed a lap down :-p
Old 23 Sep 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3308085)   #43
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I wonder if there's anyway to shorten races at NHMS by 150 laps, as the first half of the race made F1 look exciting.

Also slightly disappointed by the lack of conspiracy theores that Kahne deliberately bought out the yellow to ensure Bowyer stayed a lap down :-p
Yep, they put it on cruise "snooze" control the first half of the race. Mainly because they had to figure out the balance in the car since the rain washeddown the track that morning. So it took half of the race for them to figure that out before they could start racing each other.

That Kahne interview by Dr. Jerry was priceless. Kahne looked like a deer
in headlites. Dr. Jerry was at loss for words.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3308102)   #44
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, I think I might be getting my cautions confused - think it was the #38 blowing its engine that screwed up Clints strategy?
Old 25 Sep 2013, 05:38 (Ref:3309051)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thats a chase first. A repeat 1-2 in the opening two races. Momentum is running with JGR, they've won 5 of the last 7. Dover up next as well? One of Kyle's best tracks and Kenseth has won there 3 times as well.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3309146)   #46
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Chase thread....

Race this weekend, if you can call an event at NHMS a race.

JAYSKI
Hey Fieldo - did you see the clip showing Kennseths first Nascar race?
Filled in for Elliotts 94 McDonalds. Finished 6th. I think it was around 1996.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3309242)   #47
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Thats a chase first. A repeat 1-2 in the opening two races. Momentum is running with JGR, they've won 5 of the last 7. Dover up next as well? One of Kyle's best tracks and Kenseth has won there 3 times as well.
Yes, this looks like JGR's to lose, barring mechanical problems or any crashes at Dega.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3309481)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
Thats the make or break race there. If you make it through there then your chances are good. If you break at Taladega your chances aren't.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3309957)   #49
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dega & a road course - thats what the chase needs...
Old 27 Sep 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3310204)   #50
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Jnr on pole - probably wont lead a lap