Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Feb 2018, 20:24 (Ref:3801903)   #2251
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mat Jackson kicked out of Motorbase

maybe Bartie waited for the TD seat to fill so he can get Mat the boot as "punishment" ? this leaves Mat without a competitive seat in the BTCC
Old 16 Feb 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3801906)   #2252
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Mat Jackson kicked out of Motorbase

maybe Bartie waited for the TD seat to fill so he can get Mat the boot as "punishment" ? this leaves Mat without a competitive seat in the BTCC

You don't seriously believe that?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3801907)   #2253
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why would it be terminated so suddenly and late ?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3801910)   #2254
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very surprised by this latest twist as Jackson and Motorbase pretty much went together like Turks and WSR in terms of driver and team working together.

Back in 2010 I seem to remember Bartrum being critical of Collard when he went back to WSR but surely he isn't going to eject the main driver from his team like that...

If anyone wants a read check out the final few pages on the Pistonheads forum about the BTCC - suggests things may of changed (I presume regarding the Dynamics seat) fairly recently however - certainly turning into possibly the most interesting off-season I have followed online.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3801911)   #2255
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With there now being a "Team GardX", will WSR be looking for another main sponsor? I know previously that some companies have sponsored multiple drivers and teams at once i.e. DUO, RCIB, but food for thought perhaps.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3801912)   #2256
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely can't have been triggered by a huff because Mat Jackson was linked with a drive elsewhere. Massively cutting their nose off to spite their face if that is true. Such a shame, I thought they had the most intriguing line-up this year and was looking forward to seeing Chilton get spanked by both teamates.

I would like to see AWE get a chance in the Focus, pretty sure he tested with Motorbase at the end of 2016, and was impressive in the Audi last year. Hope it's someone who's quick and not a Depper type driver.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3801914)   #2257
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
With there now being a "Team GardX", will WSR be looking for another main sponsor? I know previously that some companies have sponsored multiple drivers and teams at once i.e. DUO, RCIB, but food for thought perhaps.
I was under the impression that the GardX branding on the BMWs last year was more down to a BMW UK and GardX tie up and that resulting in the branding on the cars rather than a direct WSR/ GardX deal?

Don't quote me on that though as I'm probably wrong
Old 16 Feb 2018, 21:51 (Ref:3801917)   #2258
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Again shame this had to happen. Is TOC still available? If not AWE would be the best choice. I just hope MJ finds somewhere

Glad Cole is all but confirmed coming back, his win last season was a feel good story. And Jelley in a Team Parker BMW, hopefully back with familiar RWD will see him score more. Hopefully this season will be as good as last season
Old 16 Feb 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3801920)   #2259
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
You don't seriously believe that?
That seems to be seen as likely by Ollie Jackson and another anonymous poster on PH who has a clear history of being heavily involved with Laser Tools
Old 16 Feb 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3801922)   #2260
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Up until just before last week Jackson was the man for the Dynamic's seat, TOC & Cammish were outside contenders.

Surprised by Motorbase to be honest.

Not looking good for Jackson, only one seat available apart from his berth at Motorbase now, and the second AmD seat is supposed to be a 2 horse race!
Old 16 Feb 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3801925)   #2261
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukej View Post
I’ll say what I can:

- Chilton & Tordoff have nothing to do with Jackson’s contract being terminated.

- Matt Neal is definitely driving for TD.

- Epps won’t be in BTCC this year, he has a contract for Clios.

- One AMD Seat is filled.

- Cole is probably going to race where you think he is. 😉

Luke
With the filled AmD seat, do you know if this is the original person lined up for the seat? BTCC rookie but BGT race winner?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3801926)   #2262
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
why would it be terminated so suddenly and late ?

As I posted earlier, it seems even a team sponsor wasn’t in on the termination so it must of been very sudden and not something that had been planned.

I wonder if a war of words in an office escalated and someone threw the toys out of the pram.

It seems rather late for MJ to find a seat on the grid this year but DB is the master of the late deal as MJ knows so well. With the number of available drives reducing and the number of drivers with a decent budget reducing (you only have to look at some of the drivers walking away from the series) it is going to be a scramble to fill it and money will probably beat talent to the Motorbase car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 Feb 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3801927)   #2263
lukej
Rookie

lukej should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
With the filled AmD seat, do you know if this is the original person lined up for the seat? BTCC rookie but BGT race winner?
My last post was mostly to put some rumours to bed, it’s all public information but some things need to be squashed, especially the ones about TC and ST being behind Mat’s departure.

Re the AMD MG, I can’t say because it’s someone else’s announcement, & I will never break news that isn’t mine to discuss.

Luke
Old 16 Feb 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3801929)   #2264
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukej View Post
My last post was mostly to put some rumours to bed, it’s all public information but some things need to be squashed, especially the ones about TC and ST being behind Mat’s departure.

Re the AMD MG, I can’t say because it’s someone else’s announcement, & I will never break news that isn’t mine to discuss.

Luke
Totally agree, regarding the Motorbase post. With AmD just curious if it had changed as time has ticked on a bit, understand you can’t say who
Old 16 Feb 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3801931)   #2265
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Totally agree, regarding the Motorbase post. With AmD just curious if it had changed as time has ticked on a bit, understand you can’t say who
It's been the silliest silly season of the NGTC era, not because of rumours but actual goings on.

A couple of months until Media day and still question marks still floating. Just when you think all is settled, some other seismic announcement is made. Will there be another further surprising announcements that sets tongues wagging?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3801936)   #2266
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok so my final prediction for these 5 seats:

BMR - Cole
Parker - Jelley
Motorbase - Depper
MG1 - AWE
MG2 - Lee Mowle

that will be it and we can all calm down!
Old 16 Feb 2018, 23:36 (Ref:3801937)   #2267
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=btccbloke;3801936]Ok so my final prediction for these 5 seats:

BMR - Cole
Parker - Jelley
Motorbase - Depper
MG1 - AWE
MG2 - Lee Mowle

Probably 1 out of the 5 predictions maybe right
Old 16 Feb 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3801938)   #2268
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD34 View Post
So what ever happened to the second big announcement from cicely?
Wix Racing posted a sneak picture of part of a black and yellow car today. Dunlop "D" logo plainly visible.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 23:47 (Ref:3801939)   #2269
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

The DUO money wouldn't fund a whole seat, and Jackson has come up short of financing a Motorbase drive in the past.

Has he, when was that?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3801940)   #2270
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All these posts about Jackson not having the sponsorship and lack of loyalty...
Remember if it wasnt for Jackson over the past few years, Motorbase would be midfield runners at best.
Do you think Jordan would have been so keen to sign in 2016 based on the results of Jack Clarke, Gio and James Cole? or Shredded Wheat joined the party because they thought Depper and Davenport scrapping over 20th place was the best move for their brand?
While he may not have given Barty a blank cheque every year, his performances for the team over the past 4 or 5 years are what has built Motorbase to the team they are today.
Old 17 Feb 2018, 00:07 (Ref:3801941)   #2271
CD34
Rookie

CD34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Ok so my final prediction for these 5 seats:

BMR - Cole
Parker - Jelley
Motorbase - Depper
MG1 - AWE
MG2 - Lee Mowle

that will be it and we can all calm down!
Mowle has just been confirmed as returning to british GT
Old 17 Feb 2018, 00:09 (Ref:3801942)   #2272
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only people that know the truth are motorbase and jackson, they haven't terminated his contract because of lack of money, he was there in 2015 for half a season with very little money, it must be something more serious than money to have ended their 8 year relationship
Old 17 Feb 2018, 05:23 (Ref:3801947)   #2273
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Has he, when was that?
16th March 2015, Motorbase announced that they would only run a part season due to shortfalls in sponsorship.
Jackson was one of the drivers at the time - and the level of funding he brought to the team was not sufficient to pay for a full season entry in its own right.

This departure may not be due to finances, but when you compare the different images of Tordoff's Focus - the removal of DUO (if connected to Jackson's departure) is only a small part of the car branding. This suggests to me that the money Jackson brought to Motorbase through DUO was a lot less than Gallagher or GardX.
Old 17 Feb 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3801959)   #2274
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
16th March 2015, Motorbase announced that they would only run a part season due to shortfalls in sponsorship.
Jackson was one of the drivers at the time - and the level of funding he brought to the team was not sufficient to pay for a full season entry in its own right.
Both drivers had their finance in place. However, two big sponsors that Motorbase had lined up for the season pulled out with no contracts signed right before the season started. The team already had a bill for the new engines and with little time left to secure replacement sponsorship, the decision was taken and agreed with AG to compete in just half the season.
Old 17 Feb 2018, 08:50 (Ref:3801961)   #2275
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This departure may not be due to finances, but when you compare the different images of Tordoff's Focus - the removal of DUO (if connected to Jackson's departure) is only a small part of the car branding. This suggests to me that the money Jackson brought to Motorbase through DUO was a lot less than Gallagher or GardX.
It would have been if they hadn't spent a huge amount of money developing an engine over the winter, which Ford was going to pay for, only for Ford to change their mind at the start of March.