Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jul 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3662028)   #651
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the ECU was examined at N24? It would seem weird if it was not.

To me it seems downright strange that AMG would attempt this, in a class as tightly regulated as GT3. Is this an attempt at cheating or an error while preparing for the race?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3662029)   #652
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
A+ article: http://www.autosport.com/premium/fea...e-spa-24-hours

"The Spa 24 Hours - taking place this weekend - is a fiercely competitive event in its current guise, but rule tweaks for 2016 risk moving it away from a pure endurance competition"

What changes is he talking about?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3662031)   #653
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SC365 has this article about rule changes. It might be these.

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/24...lations-101-2/

It may be the minimum pit stop times, or the reduction to just 1 SC that he's talking about. However, given what we're seeing in WEC, minimum pit stop times for this series makes sense. And multiple SCs always led to issues.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3662034)   #654
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gary Paffet: we lost our time because a McLaren stopped on track which was silly.

Ignoring yellow in an illegal car had nothing to do with it.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3662035)   #655
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
In light of the penalty the #00 received, they ...

Tried so hard, and got so far
But in the end, it doesn't even matter
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3662036)   #656
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
In light of the penalty the #00 received, they ...

Tried so hard, and got so far
But in the end, it doesn't even matter
Your lucky that post isn't getting reported.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3662039)   #657
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
First time i'm going to follow the Spa 24H, but what are the reasons for the limitations for the driver stints?

I don't normally follow this series, is it like this for all the races?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3662040)   #658
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
RLM are great but David Addison is in a league of his own; wouldn't be Spa coverage without him. Great to have the choice though.

Which sounds weird, as this is only the second time in about a decade I've not been.

Excited though, let's do this.

I see about 15 potential winners here, going to take a few stints to give an indication I think.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3662041)   #659
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Probably carried over from the normal races. The series was intended to be more Am based, so this rule suits the Am classes well. Keeps all the Ams competitive with each other. It doesn't work very well having restricted driving time of 65 minutes for pros IMO but it is what it is
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:34 (Ref:3662042)   #660
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
FCY for the stricken #333 Rinaldi Ferrari, just as the Mercs pit for their 5 minute stop.

IIRC the marshals will add on the time taken under yellow to their stop?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:36 (Ref:3662043)   #661
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky Mercedes... FCY.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:36 (Ref:3662044)   #662
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How lucky for the Mercedes who took their penalties.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3662045)   #663
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
According to RLM, the Mercedes who are taking their penalty right now will have extra time added to the 5 minutes to ensure its a full 5 minute penalty.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3662046)   #664
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Rast asleep at the green flag
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3662048)   #665
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Race control failed to announce when they were going green and just changed the status and now we have a mixed up front.

Get Eduardo in here.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3662049)   #666
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
This is quickly becoming a hot mess of a start. Now race control wants all six Mercs in again for 5 minutes, Rast caught out by the lights changing without an announcement of the race going green.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3662051)   #667
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Was that race control announcement another penalty for the Mercedes?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3662052)   #668
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
This is quickly becoming a hot mess of a start. Now race control wants all six Mercs in again for 5 minutes
I don't see how that's fair.

The first stopped while it was still green, so I fail to see what they did wrong.
As for the 5th one, that stopped under yellow, I can see were that is wrong.
Didn't see if the 6th one stopped or not.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:49 (Ref:3662053)   #669
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Anyone got a timing screen for this race? I don't know if it's just an issue at my end but I can't access timing from the website itself. Thanks.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3662054)   #670
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I don't see how that's fair.

The first stopped while it was still green, so I fail to see what they did wrong.
As for the 5th one, that stopped under yellow, I can see were that is wrong.
Didn't see if the 6th one stopped or not.
The penalty was to be taken all under green. So it could to add more time to make up for the FCY. Sounds harsh but given the violation they're lucky to even be allowed in the race at all.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3662055)   #671
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
I am streaming from the NISMO TV, they have not said anything about a new penalty for the AMG teams. Where have you got this info from?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3662057)   #672
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The penalty was to be taken all under green. So it could to add more time to make up for the FCY. Sounds harsh but given the violation they're lucky to even be allowed in the race at all.
I agree, but another 5 minute penalty just because it went yellow (out of their control) doesn't seem right.
2 or extra minutes maybe added to their next (green) pitstop seems more fair.

As for the one that stopped under yellow, well that's his own fault...
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3662058)   #673
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'm not sure they announced a new penalty. It may be that race control retroactivly announced the penalties taken.

Lasse, the race control announcement during the stream was where we got it. But I don't think proper context was given.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 14:59 (Ref:3662060)   #674
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not sure they announced a new penalty. It may be that race control retroactivly announced the penalties taken.

Lasse, the race control announcement during the stream was where we got it. But I don't think proper context was given.
Thanks
Old 30 Jul 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3662061)   #675
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did i hear that right? That you have to take a 5 minute pit stop at some point to change brakes?