Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Jul 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2495393)   #1
skaife2
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
skaife2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VF IN 2010 SERIES

Will vf commodore be in series next year?
Old 3 Jul 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2495397)   #2
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW! A VF 225 slant six Valiant Pacer! Now that would be cool!
Old 3 Jul 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2495411)   #3
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha, funny!!!

Seriously it depends on a couple of things:

1) If in fact Holden call the updated Commodore VF or VE2
2) It will depend on what cosmetic changes made that will impact on the race car.
If the road car has different head or tail lights or changed bonnet/grille then yes Holden can apply to have those changes applied.
I doubt that there would be any allowable changes made to the spiltter/front spoiler shape etc seeing as we have just gone through
a parity assessment with FG. If the road car has new front bar etc I doubt it would carry over to the race car??

Having said that, this is V8 Supercars and of late, anything can happen....
Old 3 Jul 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2495435)   #4
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be called the VF. I've already got some info on it.

The dashboard will be different - but I suspect that from what I know, that won't impact the race car much.

The headlights and front appearance will be more aggressive. And the rear lights do get some treatment. For some idea of the direction it could go (front and rear lights mainly), think of the purple concept torana at the motor shows recently.

I've also heard that the HSV's will be much more of a departure from the SS than before. And expect them to kick some serious butt performance wise.

So in short, I do think the VF will be a signficant enough external cosmetic change to warrant the difference in V8 supercars.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2495513)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pic's of the Torry, to help those that can't remember:

i loved this car at the motorshow in Darling Harbour, i wish they put the thing into prodution.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2495618)   #6
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hhhmmm Torana or Cruze....good job there Holden...not
Old 3 Jul 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2495659)   #7
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
i loved this car at the motorshow in Darling Harbour, i wish they put the thing into prodution.
nah, it's well out of date and old-fashioned now.

I think the Fiesta and Pug 308 show the new look for small cars... lots of swoopy curvy lines.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2495660)   #8
David Brand
Rookie

David Brand should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
It will be called the VF. I've already got some info on it.

The dashboard will be different - but I suspect that from what I know, that won't impact the race car much.

The headlights and front appearance will be more aggressive. And the rear lights do get some treatment. For some idea of the direction it could go (front and rear lights mainly), think of the purple concept torana at the motor shows recently.

I've also heard that the HSV's will be much more of a departure from the SS than before. And expect them to kick some serious butt performance wise.

So in short, I do think the VF will be a signficant enough external cosmetic change to warrant the difference in V8 supercars.
Source?

Because Holden have said there is no 'new model' until 2012 or so. It's just the VE with regular updates and designations like MY06, MY07, MY08, MY09, MY10 (the next one).

The new 3.0L V6 will be in the next update, and maybe direct injection on the 3.6. There may be slight fascia updates but nothing major and certainly not to the extent of the Torana.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2496004)   #9
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brand View Post
Source?

Because Holden have said there is no 'new model' until 2012 or so. It's just the VE with regular updates and designations like MY06, MY07, MY08, MY09, MY10 (the next one).

The new 3.0L V6 will be in the next update, and maybe direct injection on the 3.6. There may be slight fascia updates but nothing major and certainly not to the extent of the Torana.
Correct...update with the new V6 engine last quarter this year.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2496070)   #10
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To the above 2 posters, you must be wrong, my cousins girlfriends brothers neighbour down the road said it is gonna be the VF.

Old 5 Jul 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2496095)   #11
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brand View Post
Source?

Correct. The VE platform is a 2006-2012 proposition (if not longer). A model designation hasnt lasted for 6 years with holden. The MY classification simply replaces the series debarcle holden have had.

My source is very reliable. He told me everything about the VE about the same time of the year in 06. They all came true. And i bought one. he also said this the 3 year cycle, which is mainly a mild facelift, is aimed at the people who bought the VE on its initial release - like me.

Those torana pics do give quite some clues to the facelift updates. They are clues, theyre not exacts.

And the V* naming tends to last 3 years. We're due in August/september.

I guess we will wait and see come september. I'll be looking seriously.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2496122)   #12
David Brand
Rookie

David Brand should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Correct. The VE platform is a 2006-2012 proposition (if not longer). A model designation hasnt lasted for 6 years with holden. The MY classification simply replaces the series debarcle holden have had.

My source is very reliable. He told me everything about the VE about the same time of the year in 06. They all came true. And i bought one. he also said this the 3 year cycle, which is mainly a mild facelift, is aimed at the people who bought the VE on its initial release - like me.

Those torana pics do give quite some clues to the facelift updates. They are clues, theyre not exacts.

Well after seeing that HSV have announced the 'E Series 2', it seems your source is correct. Will be good to see how many changes they make in this update. Will apparently appear around August-September?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 03:54 (Ref:2496359)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

sounds good.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2496403)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was only comparing Torana prototype pics with those of the Cruze here in the office last week among some fellow petrol heads and noted the similarities and the current VE.