Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Dec 2003, 02:02 (Ref:800975)   #26
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forget the ice creams, I loved the doughnuts by Ambrose.

Last edited by Mattracer; 2 Dec 2003 at 02:02.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 2 Dec 2003, 02:16 (Ref:800982)   #27
Deano
Rookie

Deano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zonda
Only 40,000 for the weekend ? Jesus the Bathurst 24hr had that many people, whilst that was considered a success, i would have thought the V8's would have pulled a bigger crowd considering the promotion they have and so forth.

dave
Possibly the fact that Saturday's results meant it was very unlikely that Marcos would lose the championship meant that a lot of the red army stayed away Sunday? Just a theory....
Old 2 Dec 2003, 08:32 (Ref:801198)   #28
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was there on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. But then, I'd enjoy almost anything at a race track.

I agree with the lack of support categories. I really enjoyed the Carrera Cup, but that was about it. The Aussie Racers put on a good show, but it is a ridiculous series. We need more from open wheelers. MG Trophy isn't bad as a lead in for drivers into the Carrera Cup.

I think there should just be one race. Splitting it up makes you feel like you've missed half of it.

And I'm still ****ed off that EC will have two rounds next year while Phillip Island misses out. How does that make sense!?

And I didn't particularly like being fried by the sun for most of the day, only to be absolutely drenched (in the strongest sense of the word) with a handful of laps to go.

Other than that - FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed the V8s. And after watching a tape of the race, I can tell you that 10 missed out on a lot of the good action.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 09:45 (Ref:801263)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Technically its 3 rounds isnt it, if you include Konica
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Jul 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2501512)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
- I didnt like not knowing who was where in the race unless near a teev screen. Eastern Creek should be buying the Questek timing tower from the Bathurst reconstruction and plugging it in near the control tower
Did anyone notice in MeN this week that VESA are buying a portable timing tower to take to each event?

It only took 6 years from idea generation to execution. You cant rush these things....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Jul 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2501537)   #31
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully they will put it where the crowd can see it (Hopefully they will get multiple ones )
Old 15 Jul 2009, 03:14 (Ref:2501966)   #32
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Did anyone notice in MeN this week that VESA are buying a portable timing tower to take to each event?

It only took 6 years from idea generation to execution. You cant rush these things....
I admire your ability to dig up a thread from 6 years ago, never mind purchasing a tower...