Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 19 Sep 2016, 02:02 (Ref:3673906)   #151
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May be more media hype than anything.
I would give it to next weekend to make any
travel adjustment decisions. I am 30 mins.
from the track and other than a .35 /gal gouge,
there are plenty of pumps open. Lets see
what this week brings.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 02:05 (Ref:3673907)   #152
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
May be more media hype than anything.
I would give it to next weekend to make any
travel adjustment decisions. I am 30 mins.
from the track and other than a .35 /gal gouge,
there are plenty of pumps open. Lets see
what this week brings.
Thanks. I remember a Petit years ago when there was also a fuel shortage. I remember because my wife came with me and made sure I didn't forget the whole time. But we had no problem getting fuel.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 02:13 (Ref:3673911)   #153
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks. I remember a Petit years ago when there was also a fuel shortage. I remember because my wife came with me and made sure I didn't forget the whole time. But we had no problem getting fuel.
Same thing, there is no fuel shortage, it just has to come from farther away. They switched to the stocked winter mix a few weeks earlier than normal. No one will remember next week. People are incredibly stupid.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 02:21 (Ref:3673912)   #154
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Same thing, there is no fuel shortage, it just has to come from farther away. They switched to the stocked winter mix a few weeks earlier than normal. No one will remember next week. People are incredibly stupid.
But but but it was a headline on the weather channel website! So it must be a big deal!
Old 19 Sep 2016, 02:55 (Ref:3673929)   #155
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Y'all are scaring me about fuel now. Would it make a difference if I took 59 to 285 instead of coming from the south and taking 85 through ATL?

Or should I just bring my 2 5 gallon cans?
Watch the news. You know as much as we do now.

My tickets came this weekend, if anyone is keeping track...
Old 19 Sep 2016, 02:57 (Ref:3673931)   #156
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Watch the news. You know as much as we do now.

My tickets came this weekend, if anyone is keeping track...
Sunuva*****. I hope my Tix come this week.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 03:55 (Ref:3673962)   #157
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sunuva*****. I hope my Tix come this week.
Send Joyce an email and tell her JHamilton is angry about parking next to the fence and additional charges for trailers.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3674076)   #158
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Send Joyce an email and tell her JHamilton is angry about parking next to the fence and additional charges for trailers.
The fencing wasn't up yet for the historics, hoping it's going up this week or I might be staking out space along the fence Tuesday.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 13:55 (Ref:3674090)   #159
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
For those NOT on the track newsletter listing, which isn't a lot of people here....

Facility Upgrades for 2016

The Road Atlanta operations and maintenance staff has been hard at work on the facility over the last year, and while you might not notice all the big changes that have been made, we know you will feel them! Since the history-making 2016 edition of Petit Le Mans, here are a few of the upgrades we've made:
-We expect great weather this year but, in case not, 450+ tons of gravel were distributed in the parking and Corral areas to aid ingress and egress in the case of inclement weather
-Similarly, we have upgraded track drainage in 18 different locations to ensure the competition continues, even in the rain
350+ tons of gravel distributed in track runoff areas
-Spectator Hill Bar and Grille remodeled
-Trees thinned in many key spectator areas to provide better track views
-Various beautification projects, including the planting of 60+ flowering trees around the property
As always, we love hearing your feedback. Once the race is over, we encourage you to come to us with any comments about how we could do things better. Road Atlanta is, and always has been, for the fans.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3674091)   #160
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The fencing wasn't up yet for the historics, hoping it's going up this week or I might be staking out space along the fence Tuesday.
Yes. Add that to your "to do" list
Old 19 Sep 2016, 13:57 (Ref:3674094)   #161
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
For those NOT on the track newsletter listing, which isn't a lot of people here....

Facility Upgrades for 2016

The Road Atlanta operations and maintenance staff has been hard at work on the facility over the last year, and while you might not notice all the big changes that have been made, we know you will feel them! Since the history-making 2016 edition of Petit Le Mans, here are a few of the upgrades we've made:
-We expect great weather this year but, in case not, 450+ tons of gravel were distributed in the parking and Corral areas to aid ingress and egress in the case of inclement weather
-Similarly, we have upgraded track drainage in 18 different locations to ensure the competition continues, even in the rain
350+ tons of gravel distributed in track runoff areas
-Spectator Hill Bar and Grille remodeled
-Trees thinned in many key spectator areas to provide better track views
-Various beautification projects, including the planting of 60+ flowering trees around the property
As always, we love hearing your feedback. Once the race is over, we encourage you to come to us with any comments about how we could do things better. Road Atlanta is, and always has been, for the fans.
I actually don't get that for some reason. But I assume 2015, since I don't think I missed the race this year....

Edit: I did get it just hadn't checked email yet.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3674231)   #162
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Testing - 1 2

Just in case the post doesn't come back, I've confirmed Bacon is bringing his grill Weds when he is there sitting up.

Yesterday was the first lunch I didn't have to crank the AC to 11 for it to be bearable and it feels coolish this AM. Looking decent enough for next week! We may just need a water truck....

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US

Gas still odd. No bags over pumps in Athens; prices are still "up". Broadrun, how's the southside?
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:19 (Ref:3674237)   #163
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Looks like we are back in action on the server
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:50 (Ref:3674249)   #164
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Testing - 1 2

Just in case the post doesn't come back, I've confirmed Bacon is bringing his grill Weds when he is there sitting up.

Yesterday was the first lunch I didn't have to crank the AC to 11 for it to be bearable and it feels coolish this AM. Looking decent enough for next week! We may just need a water truck....

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US

Gas still odd. No bags over pumps in Athens; prices are still "up". Broadrun, how's the southside?
Gas pipeline has been repaired and returned to service for almost 24 hours. Everything should return to normal tomorrow, although we finally started to run out on the north side yesterday.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3674252)   #165
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems to be hit and miss, mostly the stations that have increased the price that are out. Feels like everyone else is holding the price steady. I pass 14 stations on the way home and all but one had 2.39 for regular. The one that was higher at Lawrenceville highway and 285 was out this morning. Usually one of the stations where I get off 85 is out of something, usually premuim, but there's 4 there.

Actually been decent days working if you could stay out of the reach of the bright thing in the sky. If you bring some straw i can leave the hitch rack with the ex-brother-in-law.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3674263)   #166
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C'mon weather! Hang in there!
We all deserve it.

Old 22 Sep 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3674268)   #167
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Looking good ATM, scotty....

Quote:
Gas pipeline has been repaired and returned to service for almost 24 hours. Everything should return to normal tomorrow, although we finally started to run out on the north side yesterday.
I saw that they "fixed the glitch", but that means the problem is solved on their end....
Old 22 Sep 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3674280)   #168
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Looking good ATM, scotty....

I saw that they "fixed the glitch", but that means the problem is solved on their end....
That is supposed to include the rebound time. Athens was going be operating on reserves next week for a repair project but that has been delayed.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3674282)   #169
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That is supposed to include the rebound time. Athens was going be operating on reserves next week for a repair project but that has been delayed.
Where do you find this stuff? The Googles? :nerd:
Old 22 Sep 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3674305)   #170
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somebody(Joeb ?) start one of those fancy
race threads with all the links etc.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3674327)   #171
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Where do you find this stuff? The Googles? :nerd:
This was on a television program called "the news".
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3674332)   #172
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
This was on a television program called "the news".

Was that before the "people who died today" segment or after the Karen segment?
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3674341)   #173
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Somebody(Joeb ?) start one of those fancy
race threads with all the links etc.
From what I heard, he may actually have to "work" today....

He'll find sometime tonight when he's cooking corndogs and gumbo.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3674347)   #174
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
From what I heard, he may actually have to "work" today....

He'll find sometime tonight when he's cooking corndogs and gumbo.
Thanks bud.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3674355)   #175
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, he said he had to wear a jacket and tie which I envision as some sort of florescent hunting coat and a rope bolo.