Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 Apr 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1580754)   #1
Helicon_One
Rookie

Helicon_One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Redesign

As the long rumoured silverstone modifications are still to appear, I thought it was time I presented my own idea. I had two main aims in mind for this redesign: Make better use of available space by cutting across the current infield section, and restore Silverstone to the high speed, lower downforce, power circuit it used to be (there's enough Tilkedromes in the season already, thanks).

So, the new layout is untouched until the new right hander at Vale, at least a half-opportunity to overtake if the run through Stowe is good (no less so than the current Vale is, anyway). The circuit then cuts across the current infield (and Stowe circuit), charging down the straight towards the 'new' Clark turn. I say 'new', because I cheated slightly. Clark is in fact a carbon copy of Bridge going left instead of right, but with the long straight before and afterwards this will be much faster. It should be a real ballsy, near flat-out turn. At the end of the new Farm Straight is the second overtaking opportunity at the new Brooklands, which leads into a more open and faster Priory-Luffield-Woodcote complex. They'll really be at high speed acrosss the finish line.

for the International Circuit, Ireland is more or less an continuation of the Becketts sequence connecting to Farm, giving the track a real daunting test of ability before the run down to the out-braking point at Brooklands. The National Circuit now makes Brooklands into a double-left, which should be fun.

So, thoughts? Silverstone layouts of your own?

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silverstone.jpg (41.9 KB, 59 views)