Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3447340)   #151
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, whilst the sport seems determined to raid the kindergartens with Max Verstappen types, I'd applaud a real visionary of a team boss who took a chance on a genuinely rapid 30 something peddler in another high profile formula.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3447372)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, 100% agreed - if those were the motives.......
Old 25 Aug 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3447396)   #153
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Formula e?
Old 25 Aug 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3447498)   #154
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Well, whilst the sport seems determined to raid the kindergartens with Max Verstappen types, I'd applaud a real visionary of a team boss who took a chance on a genuinely rapid 30 something peddler in another high profile formula.
Woohoo! Potsie is coming back!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Aug 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3448024)   #155
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
I hope not. It would be a shame for Koba not to finish the season but if Caterham have any sense they'll at least try and get Lotterer to stay.
Rumours are that Caterham are renting Koba's car to the highest bidder race by race. Kind of like what Larousse/Team Lotus/Pacific etc. once did before they folded. The good old days are back!
Old 27 Aug 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3448029)   #156
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Rumours are that Caterham are renting Koba's car to the highest bidder race by race. Kind of like what Larousse/Team Lotus/Pacific etc. once did before they folded. The good old days are back!
It's what I've been saying since the beginning of this thread. Colin Kolles must be frantically phoning at the moment... I wonder who's up next ?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3448078)   #157
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
It's what I've been saying since the beginning of this thread. Colin Kolles must be frantically phoning at the moment... I wonder who's up next ?
Poor Alexander Rossi? Or the other Rossi from MotoGP who thinks this worthy of a drive?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3448191)   #158
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
anyone want to open a book on who the latest visitor is?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3448207)   #159
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
anyone want to open a book on who the latest visitor is?
Jeremy Clarkson ? Piers Morgan ? The Pope ?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3448220)   #160
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let the three of them fight for it.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3448221)   #161
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Apparently not only Carlos Sainz Jr but also Roberto Merhi are wanted by Caterham this year.
But for both they'd need the FIA's permission.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3448290)   #162
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"wanted". ie, they went to the factory once. there's been loads more apparently, it's just nobody's reported them because they're not as newsworthy!

latest visitor is apparently jerome d'ambrosio. no word on whether he had a seat fitting like lotterer did when he visited though

(my money would be on the pope. he looks like he could throw a punch if he needed to)
Old 27 Aug 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3448314)   #163
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wish Alguersuari got another race before Formula e started, RB screwed him over in F1 by bringing him too early IMO.

(The Pope's also got a long pointy stick as well as hundreds of ninjas/cardinals)
Old 28 Aug 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3448401)   #164
davyboy
Veteran

The Pope has been spotted practising pit stops but I think he could find a few more seconds if he stayed belted in to his Focus.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3449147)   #165
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
"wanted". ie, they went to the factory once. there's been loads more apparently, it's just nobody's reported them because they're not as newsworthy!
It isn't just that Merhi is wanted by Caterham, he seems to want them as well, and has told Spanish paper Marca that he's trying to get his super licence in time for Monza.

According to Planet-F1, Caterham are selling the seats for 300k Euros per race, and Merhi is first to jump for it.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3449150)   #166
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
According to Planet-F1, Caterham are selling the seats for 300k Euros per race, and Merhi is first to jump for it.
i wonder what, if any, the refund is if the car fails within the first fee laps? I'd be a bit ****ed if I or my sponsor had forked out E300k for a car that didn't give me an opportunity to finish.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3449227)   #167
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
i wonder what, if any, the refund is if the car fails within the first fee laps? I'd be a bit ****ed if I or my sponsor had forked out E300k for a car that didn't give me an opportunity to finish.
That is a very interesting question. It's one thing to be involved in an accident - quite another [in the circumstances] for the car to 'fail' after a couple of laps.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3449278)   #168
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing, I suspect. I know in the past that gentleman drivers at Le Mans have paid large sums of money not to drive a car which fails before they got the chance.... Unless there is a 'clause', of course.......
Old 31 Aug 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3449339)   #169
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This time he won't want to see any white smoke.

(Can anyone do better?)
Old 1 Sep 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3449406)   #170
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nothing, I suspect. I know in the past that gentleman drivers at Le Mans have paid large sums of money not to drive a car which fails before they got the chance.... Unless there is a 'clause', of course.......
Sometimes if you paid more, the gentleman driver in question is moved up the order a bit, to make sure he gets a ride..

But in the F1 world.. there is a restriction on the number of pilots a team can use in a season isnt there? I seem to recall 4 in total across 2 cars as the magic number. (could be wrong, may have changed of course)

So to suggest that Caterham can sell their seats every weekend means that they have only one opportunity left, or presumably have to recycle any of the 4 to keep it within the rules.

Where is Chanoch Nissany when you need him
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Sep 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3449530)   #171
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Give Lotterer another go I say. He deserves more than one and a half laps plus he's a lot more likely than Ericsson to take advantage and score points.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3449602)   #172
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
These F1 seats will be prize assets with a no refund clause.

And if there is a refund clause; you can be damn sure they'll be several layers of qualifications and clauses in the small print to make sure the team keeps the cash.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3449671)   #173
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
Give Lotterer another go I say. He deserves more than one and a half laps plus he's a lot more likely than Ericsson to take advantage and score points.
That second go might be on the way as he could be in the seat for Monza. Merhi does not have a superlicence and it has been reported that he needs 300 km in an F1 car to get it and the FIA are reluctant to give him one for Monza.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3449730)   #174
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumours if Kobayashi will return to Sauber...
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=1&no=59610
Old 2 Sep 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3449804)   #175
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
These F1 seats will be prize assets with a no refund clause.

And if there is a refund clause; you can be damn sure they'll be several layers of qualifications and clauses in the small print to make sure the team keeps the cash.
Absolutely agree!