Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3492525)   #176
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Now that looks like a livery we would all like to see
Not really, the overdisplaying in Astons (and Lolas before) have made the Gulf liveries sort of redundant and boring now. Too much everywhere, to me at least.

Anyway, back to Jalopnik, yes they might be hack frauds generally speaking. But I give them this about that article: regardless of them not knowing the turbo rules, they were right in one thing - ACO&IMSA would have accepted them in with open arms in any case. They could enter Ford Transit and still get in.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3492533)   #177
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
In the interests of pedantry,

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
And nobody complaints with the LaFerrari's back, which isn't much beautier and costs much more than this:
There's no expectation of a La Ferrari GTE; I've done plenty of complaining about it's rear end, just not here

Here's to hoping for that GTE announcement in about five minutes!
Old 13 Jan 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3492548)   #178
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Well done Ford, you've made a car that looks moodern but still has hints to the original GT40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I like how it's reminiscent of the GT/GT40/GT90 without resembling any of them too much.
Those are my thoughts too.

+600hp out of a six-cylinder is brutal. And if it weighs close to 1,400 kg, it'sll drive insanely quick.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3492590)   #179
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I love the look of it, but I would prefer a small capacity V8 turbo engine.........I think it would sound better than a V6.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3492613)   #180
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This would be an awesome place for Alex Gurney to land a ride at
Old 13 Jan 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3492626)   #181
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racer.com has some more insight into the Ford racing program

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...e-mans-program
Old 14 Jan 2015, 00:37 (Ref:3492634)   #182
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I find the fuel information on why the Vipers were off pace in '13 intriguing.
Old 14 Jan 2015, 02:36 (Ref:3492648)   #183
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like we might get to see a Ford GT pounding round in the Ardennes again!
Old 14 Jan 2015, 11:53 (Ref:3492726)   #184
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
You mean also?
Guess
Old 14 Jan 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3492739)   #185
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I find the fuel information on why the Vipers were off pace in '13 intriguing.
"Watery mixture" "Punchless Fuel" Doesn't sound like an endorsement, does it.
Old 14 Jan 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3492742)   #186
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It does sound like they failed to prepare well for the circumstances.
Old 14 Jan 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3492744)   #187
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I love the look of it, but I would prefer a small capacity V8 turbo engine.........I think it would sound better than a V6.
Yay, Ferrari already built a 2.0L V8 in 1975
Old 14 Jan 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3492807)   #188
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

hnnng
Old 14 Jan 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3492809)   #189
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting to read in Autosport that they don't think the racing programme has even been signed off yet...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117350

Quote:
According to AUTOSPORT's sources, speculation that a race programme encompassing Le Mans and a full-season assault on the GT Le Mans class of the Tudor United SportsCar Championship in 2016 has already been signed off is wide of the mark.

One reason could be that the final rules for next season have yet to be published, although the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, which jointly writes the regulations with the FIA, is insistent that they will be introduced on schedule ahead of next season.
Old 14 Jan 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3492810)   #190
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
The cockpit shape is a bit of an interesting one, as it must have a smaller height difference between the cockpit roof and rear spoiler than any current GTE car by some margin

I think I'm right in assuming the rear wing can't be above the tallest part of the car, so there isn't much room to put a wing on there. Even the F458 looks a bit cramped compared to others and GT3s. Obviously, waivers can always sort that...
Old 14 Jan 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3492837)   #191
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
The cockpit shape is a bit of an interesting one, as it must have a smaller height difference between the cockpit roof and rear spoiler than any current GTE car by some margin

I think I'm right in assuming the rear wing can't be above the tallest part of the car, so there isn't much room to put a wing on there. Even the F458 looks a bit cramped compared to others and GT3s. Obviously, waivers can always sort that...
But, lower car means lower drag. Those big flying butresses could help with downforce also. Should be good to go by looking at the car from the rear.
Old 14 Jan 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3492860)   #192
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post

Wing attachment was one of the thinks I was pondering as well once I saw this. The previous Ford GT also had quite a low wing though

Old 14 Jan 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3492861)   #193
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Interesting to read in Autosport that they don't think the racing programme has even been signed off yet...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117350
Also interesting to read that it will be built in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 17:34 (Ref:3493104)   #194
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Also interesting to read that it will be built in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Will be? Or was.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Jan 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3493125)   #195
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Will be? Or was.
"The all-new Ford GT is built around a carbonfibre chassis, front and rear aluminium subframes and a version of the EcoBoost V6 producing more than 600bhp.

It will be built at a new technical centre in Charlotte, North Carolina, which was opened last May."
Old 15 Jan 2015, 19:26 (Ref:3493130)   #196
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
"The all-new Ford GT is built around a carbonfibre chassis, front and rear aluminium subframes and a version of the EcoBoost V6 producing more than 600bhp.

It will be built at a new technical centre in Charlotte, North Carolina, which was opened last May."
The wink is for the race version....

Which in NO way shape or form has been green lit....maybe.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Jan 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3493134)   #197
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
The wink is for the race version....

Which in NO way shape or form has been green lit....maybe.
But, but, Ford has a brand new hightech facility just waiting for it to happen. Plus, there's something about a 50-year anniversary of Ford winning Le Mans coming up in 2016. What a perfect time to return to Le Mans, me thinks!
Old 15 Jan 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3493153)   #198
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be a big mistake to launch a car like the GT, with its connection to the GT40, and not race it. Otherwise it could just be any other Ford. The previous versions (well, more accurately, the original) have racing history and pedigree and in my opinion it would be foolish to ignore that...

...If that makes any sense.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3493155)   #199
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
I think it would be a big mistake to launch a car like the GT, with its connection to the GT40, and not race it. Otherwise it could just be any other Ford. The previous versions (well, more accurately, the original) have racing history and pedigree and in my opinion it would be foolish to ignore that...

...If that makes any sense.
They didn't officially race the last version and that worked out pretty good. I just wish they make some kind of ST version with their awesome flat plane V8. The 6 is pretty lame.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3493163)   #200
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will miss the roar of the V8, but I kind of like the turbo sound, too:
http://youtu.be/3C-qSRnqUZg