Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:42 (Ref:560805)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
What A Drive By Fisico!!

I don't give a rats ass about the FIA's idiotic rules - Giancarlo won that race! And what a masterful drive. Is there still anyone who doubts this guy's ability???

LUCA, JEAN, ROSS!!!! Wake the frig up!! Put Fisico behind the wheel of the F2004!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:46 (Ref:560814)   #2
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:47 (Ref:560816)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would a rat own a donkey? Surely you mean that you don't care?

Anyway, I too hope that Fisi gets a good drive. If only so we can know whether all that talent we suspect he has can be turned into race wins on a consistent basis.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:48 (Ref:560819)   #4
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Truely amazing.
He really does deserve a drive in a top team, no doubt about it. He might get it with Ralf's situation at Williams and M Schumacher's impending retirement in a couple of years. We'll just have to wait and see
Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:51 (Ref:560833)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As for Ferrari. Again on the evidence of today's race, you wouldn't want to get rid of Rubens had the race, but he was robbed by some reason.

And Michael is, well, Michael.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:54 (Ref:560840)   #6
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a good drive - tough luck for him but credit also to Kimi..he's now leading the championship quite comfortably..what a race!

Last edited by Mania; 6 Apr 2003 at 21:55.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:57 (Ref:560844)   #7
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rules are stupid sometimes. Yes, I bet on Kimi, but seeing Fisi winning after so many races that have gone wrong for him would have been great...

Life is a b....h
Old 6 Apr 2003, 22:00 (Ref:560849)   #8
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi hasn't really deserved either of the wins bot hof them have fallen into his lap. Granted he did gain places but he has never made a pass for the lead and both times he has had pressure on him when he is in the lead (Brazil and France) he has thrown it away
Old 7 Apr 2003, 02:06 (Ref:561065)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a beautiful drive, and by any rights, a Jordan had no right to be ahead of two Macs. This is F1 as I remember it.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 02:23 (Ref:561071)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
As a self confessed Fisichella fanatic, I am still wiping away the tears. Heck, it took me hours before I could contain my rage enough to put a positive enough slant on it to come here and post.

IMHO, this makes a far far worse mockery of F1 than any team orders stunt Ferrari pulled. Fisichella is a star - and no one can doubt it any longer... <sniff>
Old 7 Apr 2003, 02:41 (Ref:561080)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to take anything away from Fisi as i rate him very highly, but I just don't think there was anything special about his drive today. Really it was the multitude of yellows that allowed him to stay in touch with the leaders, and if there was no red flag I'm pretty sure it would have been Coulthard's race. It would be nice to see Fisi in a top-line drive though as I'm sure he would impress mightily. It's a real shame he isn't in that Renault.

Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
Kimi hasn't really deserved either of the wins bot hof them have fallen into his lap. Granted he did gain places but he has never made a pass for the lead and both times he has had pressure on him when he is in the lead (Brazil and France) he has thrown it away
Kimi passed Coulthard for the lead, and you have to admit DC wasn't doing a Ruben's; he made Kimi work for it. Even as a Kimi fan I don't think even he deserved the win today, but he was sensational racing in the wet. His only downfall was probably using up his tires to much.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 7 Apr 2003, 02:46 (Ref:561084)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
but I just don't think there was anything special about his drive today.
I would say that there is something special about a Jordan passing (and finishin ahead of) two McLarens that seem to be on par with the Ferrari's..
Old 7 Apr 2003, 02:52 (Ref:561085)   #13
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeahhh, he made a nice pass on Kimi...
Old 7 Apr 2003, 02:55 (Ref:561087)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
This race reminds me of a couple of years ago when Junqueria won at Road America in a rain drenched/ yellow flag filled CART race. Bruno didn't deserve that win and the two guys on the podium at Interlagos today didn't deserve to win either, no matter which way you lean.
Coulthard got shafted!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 7 Apr 2003, 03:16 (Ref:561093)   #15
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another CART race that resembled this I guess was the Surfer's Paradise race in the wet last year. Back on subject, what a drive for Fisi and the Jordan team. They really needed a good result.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 03:22 (Ref:561100)   #16
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surfers was no comparison to today's result. Fisi was going to do well today, regardless of the chaos that occured. The cars were more equal due to the wet and Fisi had a good starting position. Just because one's car does not entitle them to win does not mean that their talent can't shine through. Fisi certainly did that today.

There were many impressive performances and lots of passing. I hope we get to see something like this in the future. I think it's very telling. If F1 cars were closer together we'd have some great racing all the time. It started to happen last year when the midfield was very competitive and at the moment we're sort of seeing it at the front.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 05:45 (Ref:561124)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The rules say you have to go back to the first complete lap before the stoppage (or something like that) and he was second on that lap.

But never mind he did extremely well and all credit to him.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 08:23 (Ref:561186)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sorry, but Giancarlo won that race fair and square. He led the lap before the stoppage. The graphics said it was stopped on lap 55, Giancarlo led on lap 54. That equals his first grand prix win.

He was robbed. No doubt about it.

My hearts really went out to the mechanics and EJ. They've struggled for three years to get back to the front. They think they have a win, then it's cruelly taken away.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 08:53 (Ref:561212)   #19
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was like giving a starving man a half-eaten sandwich.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 09:02 (Ref:561225)   #20
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whenever I read about wet races which throw up an unexpected result, you always get people demeaning the eventual winner and claiming that they "didn't do anything outstanding".

My response in this situation is like a broken record - I always respond in the same way: At least the winner or moral winner kept it on the black stuff which is more than a lot of the other drivers managed to do!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 09:28 (Ref:561257)   #21
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Fisichellas biggest stroke of luck was not being taken off by Firmans out of control 3 wheeler.It was only a miracle Firman missed him and hit the Toyota.That would have made EJs day,both cars in the wall together,perhaps second isnt too bad after all.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 09:41 (Ref:561273)   #22
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm delighted for the Jordan team too but you have to say that it was a comedy of errors and mistakes that gave Fisi his final position. How different it may have been if the race had not been stopped? Fisi needed to pit. Kimi surely needed to pit. Jordan would have got 2 or three points and we wouldn't have this thread.

It looks like Fisi was lucky not to be hit by Firman but I think Fisi saw this in his mirror and decided to stay put. He turned in later than normal after Firman went up the inside. He got past Kimi after Kimi made a mistake.

He stayed on the black stuff and got it to the end (or near enough). An over-rated drive but fair play.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:53 (Ref:561345)   #23
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Suzy
Whenever I read about wet races which throw up an unexpected result, you always get people demeaning the eventual winner and claiming that they "didn't do anything outstanding".

My response in this situation is like a broken record - I always respond in the same way: At least the winner or moral winner kept it on the black stuff which is more than a lot of the other drivers managed to do!
Last time I checked Coulthard kept it on the black stuff and drove an outstanding race, but in the end got shafted because he pitted at the wrong time. I don't consider the wet to be the cause of this finish, the red flag caused by Alonso carrying to much speed through the yellows was the culprit. This GP was a great story with a bad ending as far as I am concerned.
Now don't get me wrong I think Fisi did a good job, he just didn't deserve this win anymore than Kimi did. Fisi's a great driver but this wasn't his best drive ever. I still think Spa '01 was his defining moment.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:59 (Ref:561352)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yea, Giancarlo's drive was fantastic, whether ti ultiamtely yields first or second. A real lift for Jordan, and further proff that Giancarlo deserves a better car. He embarassed Kimi (and Michelin) the way the move was made.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:38 (Ref:561394)   #25
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you ask me, the hottest guys in F1 at the moment, the guys team bosses would fall over themselves to sign, are (in no particular order):

- Kimi Raikkonen
- Giancarlo Fisichella
- Fernando Alonso
- Mark Webber